[GINGERBREAD][ICS] GPS FIX for Galaxy S

Search This thread

ISF

Apr 6, 2012
București
www.youtube.com
GPS FIX FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S GT-I9000 DEVICES

!!! THIS FIX MAY NOT WORK ON GINGERBREAD 2.3.6 JW4, JW5, JW6, since they use different configurations. Flash it at your own risk. Someone reported that it does work very well.
!!! THIS FIX IS UNTESTED ON ICS! I may work, but it may also not. Make a backup first!

GINGERBREAD FLASHING MODE [2.3.x]
Finally, I made a proper GPS fix for our beloved Samsung Galaxy S. I did modify the HW Configuration, and get it working properly now. I haven't imported the original files from Froyo, since they don't work with GB. So, I got the best GPS HW from the best gingerbread firmware, and optimize it.

Now, you'll get:
- First fix takes no more than 1 min.
- Second or other fixes takes under 5 to 10 secs.
- Accuracy is about between 5-10 m, but most of the time it stays on 10m and 15m. It depends on weather conditions, and your prefered modem/baseband.
- Very accurate position in Google Maps
- Very accurate in terms of speed, accuracy, and locking.

I've also modified the gps.conf, and it's the best configuration for EUROPE. If you want to change it, download Faster Fix from Google Play and set your own position. It won't mess up with anything.
IMPORTANT:
This fix may also work on ICS Roms. I'm not responsible if your GPS is totally screwed up after applying it into an ICS Based Rom. This GPS Fix was made entirely for GINGERBREAD GALAXY S Firmware.

How to install this fix:

1. Make sure you're rooted, with CWM Recovery and running Gingerbread.
2. Put the .zip into your SD-CARD
3. Go to recovery, by extended menu, or by pressing at the same time the VOLUME UP + HOME KEY + POWER KEY.
4. Go to advance and mount everything ( system, data, sdcard etc )
5. Back, and go to install zip from SD-CARD
6. Choose GPS Fix Made by BlackLineAndroidHD.zip
7. It'll be done in a sec or two :D
8. Reboot and you're ready to test it.
9. Open Angry GPS ( *#3214789650# ) and Delete GPS Data
10. Go to Settings/ General Settings/ and make sure the Operation Mode is set to MSBASED or STANDALONE, since they are the best in terms of navigation.
11. Gps Logging should be set to OFF
12. Accuracy - 50 or 75
13. Now, in AngryGPS default menu, you should see the following settings :

• Session Type : Tracking
  • Test Mode(S/W or H/W) : S/W Test
  • Operation Mode : MSBASED or STANDALONE
  • Start Mode : Hot start
  • XTRA : ON
  • GPS Logging : OFF

Now, you're all done. Get yourself driven to an open field and test the brand new GPS.

This FIX was made by me, raulrusescu a.k.a BlackLineAndroidHD on YouTube. I also have a BlackLineAndroidHD profile on XDA, but I haven't got the necessary permisions to post in Developement section.

This is the .zip file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2srashynd5rrj42

Your GPS isn't still working? Please also try this gps.conf for Europe made by Rjlm. http://sourceforge.net/projects/hdtechvideo/files/GPS Fix/Europe/gps.conf/download

ICE CREAM SANDWICH FLASHING MODE [4.0.x]

1. Download this file : http://www.mediafire.com/?13b8nskz5x0hhar
2. Make sure you have an updated nandroid backup
3. Flash this file in ClockWorkMode Recovery and reboot.
4. See if the gps works.
5. If it doesn't work, restore stock ics gps H/W from here http://www.mediafire.com/?69wld5el79b7xl5
6. If it does work, ENJOY!
7. For testing GPS, I recommend GPS Test application from PlayStore. The stock AngryGps is even better. Somesay that they couldn't get it to work properly on ICS. Or download GPS Aids Free or Donate (better Donate) and configure it by yourself.

If you got your GPS working, and want to say thanks, please subscribe to my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BlackLineAndroidHD and hit the THANKS button.

Take care, guys! :p:D:angel:

Credit goes to Samsung Developers for giving us such good GPS H/W Files.
-RaulRusescu a.k.a BlackLineAndroidHD on XDA and YouTube :cool:

Last edited:

foxis1981

May 2, 2011
base on the settings :

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
ACCURACY_THRES=5000

it gives you faster satellite searching (probably locking faster as well) but less accurate positioning. The settings seems compromise on the accuracy.

<<Raj$>>

Jul 16, 2010
I think I can try if I can find a way to open Angry GPS.

I am on ICS (RemICS v1.2) and I have also copied AngryGPS to the system/app folder still the dialer code for Angry GPS not working !

Can someone show me a way to open AngryGPS in ICS ?

darckengel

Apr 13, 2011
You can't launch it if you don't have it installed.
Once you installed angry gps on ICS, you will have the icon to launch it, you don't need code.

ISF

Apr 6, 2012
București
www.youtube.com
base on the settings :

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
ACCURACY_THRES=5000

it gives you faster satellite searching (probably locking faster as well) but less accurate positioning. The settings seems compromise on the accuracy.

For me , the accuracy is the best on Gingerbread. I had never got a 5m accuracy fix on Gingerbread, until I developed this fix.

Reactions: <<Raj$>>

ISF

Apr 6, 2012
București
www.youtube.com
base on the settings :

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
ACCURACY_THRES=5000

You're talking here about the gps.conf for Europe. As I said in the main post, you may change your settings by downloading FASTER FIX from Google Play Store, and configure your current location.
Now, gps.conf has almost nothing to do with H/W GPS Files I've just developed. Gps.conf only hepls you to get a stable lock, according to your current continent, country or area.

Last edited:

<<Raj$>>

Jul 16, 2010
You can't launch it if you don't have it installed.
Once you installed angry gps on ICS, you will have the icon to launch it, you don't need code.

I am expecting a right answer, I have copied it on to the System/app folder already.....

@To the Developer, Thanks for your effort. I will try to install a GB rom and give it a try tonight. Hope it does well !

Reactions: ISF

<<Raj$>>

Jul 16, 2010
Thanks a lot, bro! :D Good luck, hope it does work for you! :D

I gave it a go first on the ICS as per your earlier advice. But in the CWM recovery, at the time of installation it gave error as below

E:Error in /sdcard/GPS Fix Made by BlackLineAndroidHD.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted

Any advice would be appreciated :victory:

PS : I have already mounted all in the CWM

ISF

Apr 6, 2012
București
www.youtube.com
I gave it a go first on the ICS as per your earlier advice. But in the CWM recovery, at the time of installation it gave error as below

(Status 0)
Installation aborted

Maybe it doesn't work on ICS. Ics has different GPS files.

ISF

Apr 6, 2012
București
www.youtube.com

(Status 0)
Installation aborted

Or push the files from .zip to the exact location via Root explorer, if you know what I mean.

darckengel

Apr 13, 2011
I am expecting a right answer, I have copied it on to the System/app folder already.....

@To the Developer, Thanks for your effort. I will try to install a GB rom and give it a try tonight. Hope it does well !

Maybe you should check the permissions of the file and reboot, it works as i said:
Screenshot_2012-07-04-12-24-14.jpg

My app:
View attachment AngryGPS.apk

Copy it on system/app folder and set permissions to 777

Last edited:

<<Raj$>>

Jul 16, 2010
Or push the files from .zip to the exact location via Root explorer, if you know what I mean.

I have installed a GB Rom to test your fix. Installed like a charm in GB, probably the location structure in ICS is quiet different from GB.

Will test the accuracy and lock speed once the rain stops ! Its heavily raining here in Singapore form some time CRAP :mad::mad::mad:

My wife's iPhone 4 locks spontaneously with a 10M accuracy in <2 secs even in rain :eek::eek:

Anyways I am not loosing hopes with my GS-I at all.

Thanks for your efforts. :angel:

Last edited:

ISF

Apr 6, 2012
București
www.youtube.com
I have installed a GB Rom to test your fix. Installed like a charm in GB, probably the location structure in ICS is quiet different from GB.

Will test the accuracy and lock speed once the rain stops ! Its heavily raining here in Singapore form some time CRAP :mad::mad::mad:

My wife's iPhone 4 locks spontaneously with a 10M accuracy in <2 secs even in rain :eek::eek:

Anyways I am not loosing hopes with my GS-I at all.

Thanks for your efforts. :angel:
Thanks for that. I'll look into ICS H/W Gps files and see what can I do. Maybe I'll also make a fix for that.
Hope you'll be satisfied! :D

Reactions: <<Raj$>>

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GPS FIX FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S GT-I9000 DEVICES

!!! THIS FIX MAY NOT WORK ON GINGERBREAD 2.3.6 JW4, JW5, JW6, since they use different configurations. Flash it at your own risk. Someone reported that it does work very well.
    !!! THIS FIX IS UNTESTED ON ICS! I may work, but it may also not. Make a backup first!

GINGERBREAD FLASHING MODE [2.3.x]
    Finally, I made a proper GPS fix for our beloved Samsung Galaxy S. I did modify the HW Configuration, and get it working properly now. I haven't imported the original files from Froyo, since they don't work with GB. So, I got the best GPS HW from the best gingerbread firmware, and optimize it.

Now, you'll get:
    - First fix takes no more than 1 min.
    - Second or other fixes takes under 5 to 10 secs.
    - Accuracy is about between 5-10 m, but most of the time it stays on 10m and 15m. It depends on weather conditions, and your prefered modem/baseband.
    - Very accurate position in Google Maps
    - Very accurate in terms of speed, accuracy, and locking.

I've also modified the gps.conf, and it's the best configuration for EUROPE. If you want to change it, download Faster Fix from Google Play and set your own position. It won't mess up with anything.
    IMPORTANT:
    This fix may also work on ICS Roms. I'm not responsible if your GPS is totally screwed up after applying it into an ICS Based Rom. This GPS Fix was made entirely for GINGERBREAD GALAXY S Firmware.

How to install this fix:

1. Make sure you're rooted, with CWM Recovery and running Gingerbread.
    2. Put the .zip into your SD-CARD
    3. Go to recovery, by extended menu, or by pressing at the same time the VOLUME UP + HOME KEY + POWER KEY.
    4. Go to advance and mount everything ( system, data, sdcard etc )
    5. Back, and go to install zip from SD-CARD
    6. Choose GPS Fix Made by BlackLineAndroidHD.zip
    7. It'll be done in a sec or two :D
    8. Reboot and you're ready to test it.
    9. Open Angry GPS ( *#3214789650# ) and Delete GPS Data
    10. Go to Settings/ General Settings/ and make sure the Operation Mode is set to MSBASED or STANDALONE, since they are the best in terms of navigation.
    11. Gps Logging should be set to OFF
    12. Accuracy - 50 or 75
    13. Now, in AngryGPS default menu, you should see the following settings :

• Session Type : Tracking
    • Test Mode(S/W or H/W) : S/W Test
    • Operation Mode : MSBASED or STANDALONE
    • Start Mode : Hot start
    • XTRA : ON
    • GPS Logging : OFF

Now, you're all done. Get yourself driven to an open field and test the brand new GPS.

This FIX was made by me, raulrusescu a.k.a BlackLineAndroidHD on YouTube. I also have a BlackLineAndroidHD profile on XDA, but I haven't got the necessary permisions to post in Developement section.

This is the .zip file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2srashynd5rrj42

Your GPS isn't still working? Please also try this gps.conf for Europe made by Rjlm. http://sourceforge.net/projects/hdtechvideo/files/GPS Fix/Europe/gps.conf/download

ICE CREAM SANDWICH FLASHING MODE [4.0.x]

1. Download this file : http://www.mediafire.com/?13b8nskz5x0hhar
    2. Make sure you have an updated nandroid backup
    3. Flash this file in ClockWorkMode Recovery and reboot.
    4. See if the gps works.
    5. If it doesn't work, restore stock ics gps H/W from here http://www.mediafire.com/?69wld5el79b7xl5
    6. If it does work, ENJOY!
    7. For testing GPS, I recommend GPS Test application from PlayStore. The stock AngryGps is even better. Somesay that they couldn't get it to work properly on ICS. Or download GPS Aids Free or Donate (better Donate) and configure it by yourself.

If you got your GPS working, and want to say thanks, please subscribe to my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BlackLineAndroidHD and hit the THANKS button.

Take care, guys! :p:D:angel:

Credit goes to Samsung Developers for giving us such good GPS H/W Files.
    -RaulRusescu a.k.a BlackLineAndroidHD on XDA and YouTube :cool:
    base on the settings :

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
    ACCURACY_THRES=5000

You're talking here about the gps.conf for Europe. As I said in the main post, you may change your settings by downloading FASTER FIX from Google Play Store, and configure your current location.
    Now, gps.conf has almost nothing to do with H/W GPS Files I've just developed. Gps.conf only hepls you to get a stable lock, according to your current continent, country or area.
    Here are flashable zips for ICS. Don't know if I replaced the correct .so file but GPS still worked and lock on was quite fast.
    I didn't know that GPS in GB didn't work? :confused:
    It didn't work quite well. On some phones, they weren't able to get 4-5 satellites in order to lock, and get a stable position, bro. ;)
    I'm glad it worked for you, mate ! :D Thanks a lot

PTM®

The fix didn't work for me at all - 0 satellites lock... But the script to revert back to original actually fixed my lock issue, so thanks for sharing!