Can I run LG-G2 D802's ROM on D803?

Search This thread

Fulbring

Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
I recently got an LG G2 and was wondering if I can run ROMS based on D802. First off what is the diffwerence in the devices other than celluar. Will it affect the device at all? If you guys can recommend ROMS too that would be great!

Thanks for the help.

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011
I recently got an LG G2 and was wondering if I can run ROMS based on D802. First off what is the diffwerence in the devices other than celluar. Will it affect the device at all? If you guys can recommend ROMS too that would be great!

Thanks for the help.

You can run D802 ROMs on a D803 *IF* you install a D803 kernel after flashing the D802 ROM and *before* booting.

Back in the early days, I did this with several different ROMs on my D803.

Now, though, there are enough ROMs that support the D803 that there's no need to run a D802 ROM. Just check out the G2 Original Android Development forum for threads with ROMs from Carbon, Mahdi, ParanoidAndroid, Slim, Vanir, and a handful of others.

(Personally, I stopped ROM-hopping after installing Mahdi. Before that, I kept bouncing between Carbon and SlimKat.)

Reactions: Fulbring

Fulbring

Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
You can run D802 ROMs on a D803 *IF* you install a D803 kernel after flashing the D802 ROM and *before* booting.

Now, though, there are enough ROMs that support the D803 that there's no need to run a D802 ROM. Just check out the G2 Original Android Development forum for threads with ROMs from Carbon, Mahdi, ParanoidAndroid, Slim, Vanir, and a handful of others.

(Personally, I stopped ROM-hopping after installing Mahdi. Before that, I kept bouncing between Carbon and SlimKat.)

OH cool. One more thing, is there a guide on how to flash a custom recovery on the D803 somewhere? I couldn't find it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for the help.

OH cool. One more thing, is there a guide on how to flash a custom recovery on the D803 somewhere? I couldn't find it.

The free version of freegee can install it for you, there is also a TWRP app that can install a recovery.

Sent from my LG-D802