Sipdroid 1.0.4 Primer [updated 2009-08-15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DarkFoxDK

Jan 29, 2009
Copenhagen
I have tried testing it with two accounts on musimi.dk.

On the same wifi network, I can call from sipdroid to X-Lite. There's sound from sipdroid to x-lite, but not the other way.

When I try to call from X-lite to sipdroid it drops the call as soon as I pick up on sipdroid.

I have tried with the phone on 3G, but there's no real chance because my provider only gives me a NAT'ed IP address. So I'm not counting on that unless STUN support is added.

bob50963

Jun 30, 2009
Las vegas
I called my Google number and when I answer the call Google says to press one to accept the call. Its not letting me press anything. After about 30 seconds trying to figure out how I can press one the call ends.

My phone has no service. What is better to use guava or google voice? I noticed guava doesn't allow you to see your messages. But will I still be able to get free calls if I use Google voice?

jashsu

Nov 15, 2008
My phone has no service. What is better to use guava or google voice? I noticed guava doesn't allow you to see your messages. But will I still be able to get free calls if I use Google voice?
If your phone has no service then you can't use the Google Voice app, as it connects to the GV servers using traditional PSTN. GUAVA is just Sipdroid custom tailored to work only with Gizmo5. BTW you might want to try opening your Gizmo5 settings and activate Google Voice calling. Gizmo isn't very clear on what it does, but I guess ostensibly it integrates Gizmo with GV more directly.

valefore

Jul 16, 2009
"the hood" ^_^
i'm sooooo having trouble...

using a Gizmo5 account.

username and password are correct = quadruple checked
server=proxy01.sipphone.com
port=5060
protocol=UDP
use lan=checked
wifi on and connected=true

but all i get is a orange dot and it just says "registering"

but it never times out. i tried changing the port to 5061 and it'll say "registering" then "timed out". (?_?)

adante111

Mar 31, 2009
Hi

I'm trying to use dipdroid with my ISP's sip provider, settings shown here.

I've set the username to DDDDDDDDDD,
password to PPPPPPPPPP
server to sip.qld.iinet.net.au
port is left at 5060
where DDD/PPP are username and password.

however after changing these I get a notification "Registration failed (401 Unaut..." (I assume it says unauthorized).

my password is definitely correct, checked 10+ times. This account works fine with x-lite on my pc.

When I change the username to something else nonsensical I get "Registration failed (404 Not fo..." so it appears it is connecting at some level at least.

Is there anything else I need to be doing?

atsic

Nov 7, 2007
Installed on my G1 modded with cyanogen 4.0.1 and did the setup with the voipcheap.com settings. I'm able to make the call but when i call i'm not able to listen on the phone that is ringing (even if the phone called is ringing) and when the conversation start is not working at all, i mean that is not possible to talk/listen in both direction. Some issues to fix this problem?

The setting that i used are
serever: sip.voipcheap.com
port: 5060
Protocolo: UDP

If i have t ochange something let me know!

jashsu

Nov 15, 2008
@valefor, adante, atsic:

I'm not sure what to say except if those settings aren't working then maybe try changing your connection type (i.e. if its failing on EDGE/3G try WiFi, and vice versa). Beyond that you can also try asking for help on the Sipdroid user group:

http://groups.google.com/group/sipdroid-users

bob50963

Jun 30, 2009
Las vegas
I got it working about 5 minutes after I posted. I forgot to mention I am using Wifi. The past few days I used about 5 hours of call time for free. Texting also works.

thanks

bob50963

Jun 30, 2009
Las vegas
I got it working about 5 minutes after I posted. I forgot to mention I am using Wifi. The past few days I used about 5 hours of call time for free. Texting also works.

thanks

DarkFoxDK

Jan 29, 2009
Copenhagen
Downloaded the latest version and set up an account at pbxes.

Calling out works now, but when I try to call the phone, I get message.
"The person at extension 0 is on the phone..."

Even though I'm not.

Any suggestions?

dial100

May 12, 2008
Batley
Installed on my G1 modded with cyanogen 4.0.1 and did the setup with the voipcheap.com settings. I'm able to make the call but when i call i'm not able to listen on the phone that is ringing (even if the phone called is ringing) and when the conversation start is not working at all, i mean that is not possible to talk/listen in both direction. Some issues to fix this problem?

The setting that i used are
serever: sip.voipcheap.com
port: 5060
Protocolo: UDP

If i have t ochange something let me know!

Yes, Sipdroid is kind of matched to work with pbxes. None of Betamax service works on its own. Even Voxalot doesnt. So only seggestion is to set up pbxes.
Sipdroid will not let you hear ringing tone when calling.I am sure it will be sorted in future releases.

dial100

May 12, 2008
Batley
I have. But the settings might be wrong.

In the trunk I have set register to inbound and outbound.

Inbound; see attached screenshot.

That is in trunk, now add inbound also.
1 Trunk, 2 Caller ID leave it blank, 3 Extention: Whatever extension you chose when set up, 4:Set Destination: You can select your hours or force to ring your phone at all hours by desabling voicemail and forcing as above, Save and click on red bar at the top.
I hope this helps.
I have upgraded to latest v 1.05 and left it on connected to 3g for nearly eight hours without crash. So its looking better once few niggles sorted.

DarkFoxDK

Jan 29, 2009
Copenhagen
That is in trunk, now add inbound also.
1 Trunk, 2 Caller ID leave it blank, 3 Extention: Whatever extension you chose when set up, 4:Set Destination: You can select your hours or force to ring your phone at all hours by desabling voicemail and forcing as above, Save and click on red bar at the top.
I hope this helps.
I have upgraded to latest v 1.05 and left it on connected to 3g for nearly eight hours without crash. So its looking better once few niggles sorted.

As I said, see screenshot for my settings in inbound...

But to make it completely clear:
Code:
Edit incoming routes
Trunk: <blank>
Caller ID Number: <blank>

Set Destination

Regular Hours
[o] Extension: Android <0>

After Hours:
[o] Extension: Android <0>

[o] Force Regular Hours

Options
CID Name prefix: <blank>
Privacy Manager: No

dial100

May 12, 2008
Batley
Hi, just a quick reply.
I Note that you havenot set your trunk in inbound. So pbxes wont know where to send incoming call.
I found this website has better instructions.
Ignore parts about how to set up account at pbxes since you already have it.
http://scopezoom.com/guide6.htm

Last edited:

DarkFoxDK

Jan 29, 2009
Copenhagen
Hi, just a quick reply.
I Note that you havenot set your trunk in inbound. So pbxes wont know where to send incoming call.
I found this website has better instructions.
Ignore parts about how to set up account at pbxes since you already have it.
http://scopezoom.com/guide6.htm

I have had the trunk name in it, with the same result.

Besides, the help text says "Leave this blank, to match calls from any trunk"

Edit: Also, if I didn't have an inbound route, how would it know to route it to extension 0? ;-)

Last edited:

DarkFoxDK

Jan 29, 2009
Copenhagen
yes, thats where it will stop. Have a look at the link in above (step 6).

I think you misunderstand me... I can call out just fine.

It's when I try to call the phone from another phone there's trouble.

Edit: Just so we're totally clear on my setup, I took screenshots of all of it.

Attachments

• Extension.jpg
    Extension.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 13
  • Inbound.jpg
    Inbound.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Outbound.gif
    Outbound.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Trunk.jpg
    Trunk.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

dial100

May 12, 2008
Batley
Yes I note the difference to your post number 73 (jpeg) to above. Inbound jpeg where you added your trunk name. Wioth this setup your phone should ring for incoming calls. I have setup pbxes with two of Betamax, a voip.co.uk, a Sipgate-UK. I use two for outbound and all for inbound.
The known issues is when calling out there is no tone until the call is answered and someone speaks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.