[MOD][VGA][07/07/2010] Sense 2.5.2016

Search This thread

programatix

May 17, 2005
Description

This is a VGA port of Sense 2.5.2016 from Leo S 3.04. The port currently consists of the following packages:
  • Manila Calendar v2.5.20153814.0
  • Manila Core v2.5.20161332.0
  • Manila Home v2.5.20161714.0
  • Manila Internet v2.5.20143027.0
  • Manila Mail v2.5.20161214.0
  • Manila Message v2.5.20161428.0
  • Manila Music v2.5.20161224.0
  • Manila People v2.5.20161424.0
  • Manila Photo v2.5.20153633.0
  • Manila Settings v2.5.20161214.0
  • Manila Weather v2.5.20161214.0

The following packages have not been ported. Please use older packages+VGA port for them (CFC) (Non-CFC):
  • Manila Stock v2.5.20161214.0
  • Manila Twitter v2.5.20161326.0

The following package will not be ported and is removed from Sense:
  • Manila Footprints v2.5.20161230.0

Prerequisites

Required

History
  • 26/06/2010: Programatix Sense 2.5.2016 VGA - Rel 1
    • Initial release
  • 28/06/2010: Programatix Sense 2.5.2016 VGA - Rel 1 - People Update
    • For some unknown reason, People port is not updated during release. I only realize this when I was cooking my own rom. This should fix the letter picker size and some other unknown parts.
  • 29/06/2010: Programatix Sense 2.5.2016 VGA - Rel 1 - 12 Quicklinks addon
    • Thanks to Co0kieMonster for providing the HomeService.dll file and needed information.
  • 30/06/2010: Programatix Sense 2.5.2016 VGA - Rel 2
    • This release has everything in Rel 1 including the updates for Rel 1.
    • Fixed alignment issue in landscape when there is no photo or music (Photo and Music tabs).
    • Photo tab photos and videos are now larger. Issue with CHT exists. Do not overwrite 675e2983_manila from CHT package.
    • Photo tab is now fully fullscreen ported. However it is slow and the bar at the bottom is not drawn properly (right corner) and I've tried the unported version and it has the same problem. To disable, put "EnableFullScreen"=dword:0 in registry. If you are using COM2, replace "Programatix.TitleBarHeight"=dword:24 with "Programatix.TitleBarHeight"=dword:34 in registry (app.reg in Core package). This will make sure the 2 buttons (open camera in photo and video buttons) are in correct position during transition. **-Update: Confirmed that the unrendered area in lower right corner also exists in WVGA device-**
    • Music tab fullscreen feature is half ported. I'm stopping porting it as it takes too much time and is too slow to be usable. When I have the time, I might revisit and try to improve performance by reducing the number of items shown.
  • 30/06/2010: Programatix Sense 2.5.2016 VGA - Rel 2 - Home
    • This update requires Programatix Sense 2.5.2016 VGA - Rel 2.
    • Fixed remove quick links via menu where slot number 10, 11 and 12 cannot be removed.
    • Fixed quick link focus highlight wrong size.
    • Fixed Program list where the bottom part is a little cut out.
    • Note: I've made a mistake in the app.reg. Please read this post.
  • 02/07/2010: Programatix Sense 2.5.2016 VGA - Rel 2 - Music
    • Thanks to TheKidzRocks' port of 2012, I found that I've missed some values in the mode9 file. The fullscreen landscape is now fully ported.
    • Animation from portrait to fullscreen landscape is now a smooth transition as in Photo tab.
    • Note: Please remove the whole Music folder in Rel2 main package and replace with this package.
  • 07/07/2010: Programatix Sense 2.5.2016 VGA - Rel 3
    • Applied all updates found in Rel 2.
    • Fixed the fullscreen bottom bar in Photo tab (Thanks to Co0kieMonster for the tip). If you just want this fix, download it here.
  • 26/07/2010: Programatix Sense 2.5.2016 VGA - Rel 3 SP1
    • Fixed song title placement in Music tab
    • Fixed maximum items displayed in combo box
    • Screenshots can be seen here

Registry values
  • Programatix.QuickLinkFontSize
    The font size of quick links label in Home tab.
  • EnableFullScreen
    Enable (1) / disable (0) fullscreen transition to landscape in Photo and Music tabs.
  • Programatix.TitleBarHeight
    Used to indicate the size of the title bar. Used for fullscreen transition in Photo and Music tabs. Set to 0x24 for small title bar or 0x34 for normal title bar (WM6.5 COM2 and WM6.1).

Mod

Coffee Break!

I you like my work, please buy me coffee so that I can stay awake! I would like to thank the following people for buying me coffee!
  • hefman
  • Monfro
  • NRGZ28
  • JVH3
  • indagroove

Last edited:

programatix

May 17, 2005
FAQ

Q: Weather tab restarts Sense.
A: Use the original untouched package found in post #1. Some release has missing files. You can also try adding the files posted here.

Q: In Setting tab, tapping on All Setting in the menu does nothing in WM 6.1.
A: See this post.

Q: How do I make Sense auto configure the time zone with My Location feature?
A: Go to Settings tab->Data Services and enable "Internet time sync". Now go to Weather tab and tap on Menu->Enable My Location. Tap on "Update Now" menu.

Q: Is there a way to quickly remove the shortcuts in Home, All People and Internet tabs?
A: Tap and hold on any shortcuts. When the background turns dark you can drag the shortcut out of its box/socket (it will turn red), release. It is now removed.

Q: The Photo tab is misaligned and I have CHT installed or cooked in.
A: Due to changes in code in 675e2983_manila in original 2016 files, it is now incompatible with CHT. Please do not use 675e2983_manila from CHT, instead use the one from the VGA port. In another words, do not overwrite that file.

Q: The envelope in Email tab is shortened. Why?
A: Older port (may I say mods included?) resized the images in 0656d327_manila and 32820efc_manila to make them shorter (and thinner). In 2016, I do not resize them in those two files. Instead I resize them in the code itself. If the envelope appears shortened, please use the original untouched files.

Screenshots

Portrait

Landscape

Last edited:

programatix

May 17, 2005
EXT Package

Prerequisites by Sense packages

If a packaged is bold, do not use newer version than the one available. If you want to ask why, just go ahead and try.

All png files in the packages has been optimized to decrease file size. Some packages have their VGA port separated from the main package, some are not. Also here is a long explanation for each of the EXT packages by Captain_Throwback.

Core

People

Calendar

Music and Photo

Internet

Weather

Settings

Optional EXT packages

Optional Non-HTC packages

Support my work

Countless hours have been spent to port the EXT packages. By releasing these packages, I'm publishing most of my work for my Exquisite ROM to the public. If you like my work, please buy me coffee to keep me going.

Last edited:

madnish30

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2009
New Delhi-India.
howtocook.jpg
This Tutorial Is Mainly For EVK If You Use Some Other Kitchen Please Place The Files Accordingly.​
I Have Referred To Raphael & Diamond Devices During This Tutorial, But This Manila Should Work Fine On ANY VGA Device.

Preparation & Downloads:

Download the following packages to cook Manila 2.5.2016 VGA on your ROM .

1. Manila 2.5.2016 WVGA Package (ORIGINAL) CFC'd OR NON-CFC - Thanks to etoy
2. Manila 2.5.2016 VGA Package (PORTED) VGA PORT - REL3. - thanks to programmatix.
3. VGA EXT Packages. Download the entire and all the latest EXT packages Rollup here I packed them, but etoy, programmatix are the ones who did all the work.

Important:
- You can choose which ORIGINAL packages you want to cook CFC or Non CFC ( CFC are compressed and save memory. but it is noted that it does not improve speed of manila2.5.2016 by much. )
Now After Downloads Are Complete You Are Ready To Place These Packages In Your Kitchen [/B]
-Please not that the Twitter and Stock Tab have not been ported, so please use the older ones ( The VGA ones, which will overwrite the newer WVGA ones. ) here is the link for Stock+Twitter tabs. CFC'd-thanks to icke. non-CFC-thanks to icke.

Cross Check The Packages In The EXT Packages The Following Should Be There:
Code:
[B][U]Download the entire and all the latest EXT packages Rollup [URL="http://www.multiupload.com/Y6KG1PWELA"][B][U]here[/U][/B][/URL] I packed them, but etoy, programmatix are the ones who did all the work.
[/U][/B]

Placing The Packages In The Kitchen:
After extracting all the packages you will be having three folders
1. Original WVGA manila 2.5.2016
2. Ported VGA manila 2.5.2016
3. EXT Packages

Step 1.
Copy the Original WVGA Packages Folder And Place It In:
For Raphael:
HTML:
Kitchen\EXT\Raphael\Common\010_Manila_2_5_2016_WVGA

For Diamond:
HTML:
Kitchen\EXT\Diamond\Common\010_Manila_2_5_2016_WVGA

After that the folder's tree structure should be something like this:

ORIGINAL WVGA Packages:

HTML:
010_Manila_2_5_2016_WVGA
 |
 +-- Manila_Calendar_XXX
 +-- Manila_Core_XXX
 +-- Manila_Home_XXXX
 +--...
 +--...

Step 2.

Copy the Ported VGA Packages Folder And Place It In:
For Raphael:
HTML:
Kitchen\EXT\Raphael\Common\020_Manila_2_5_2016_VGA

For Diamond:
HTML:
Kitchen\EXT\Diamond\Common\020_Manila_2_5_2016_VGA

PORTED VGA Packages:
HTML:
020_Manila_2_5_2016_VGA
 |
 +-- Manila_Calendar_XXX_VGA
 +-- Manila_Core_XXX_VGA
 +-- Manila_Home_XXXX_VGA
 +--...
 +--...

Step 3.

Copy the EXT Packages Folder And Place It In:
For Raphael:
HTML:
Kitchen\EXT\Raphael\Common\011_Manila_2_5_2016_Requirements

For Diamond:
HTML:
Kitchen\EXT\Diamond\Common\011_Manila_2_5_2016_Requirements

EXT Packages
HTML:
011_Manila_2_5_2016_Requirements
 |
 +-- aGPS_Confirmation_1_0_XXXXX
 +-- Audio_Manager_Engine_2_XXXXX
 +-- Concurrence_Mgr_1_XXXXX
 +--...
 +--...

Now After These 3 Steps Your EXT folder tree Structure Should Be Something Like This:
HTML:
Kitchen
 +-- EXT
     +-- Diamond / Raphael
         +-- Common
             +-- ...
             +-- 010_Manila_2_5_2016_WVGA
             +-- 011_Manila_2_5_Requirements
             +-- 020_Manila_2_5_2016_VGA
             +-- ..
             +-- ..
         +-- Shared
             +-- ..
 +-- MyTools
 +-- OEM
 +-- ..
 +-- ..

NOTE: The VGA Folders Numbering Should Be Higher Than That Of The WVGA packages, So That They Can Be Successfully Overwritten.

Adding A Tweaks Folder:

If you wish to add a Tweaks folder with ONLY manila tweaks in it all you need to do is:

Get the Original Tweaks From here, or here There are also some Sense MODs which you can try from here... All may Not with the VGA port.
For Raphael:
HTML:
Kitchen\EXT\Raphael\Common\030_Tweaks_Manila_2016

For Diamond:
HTML:
Kitchen\EXT\Diamond\Common\030_Tweaks_Manila_2016

IMP: Just Note That The Tweak Folders Numbering Should Be Greater Than The Ported manila 2.5.2016 Packages'.

Now If You Have Added A Tweaks Folder Your EXT Folder Tree Structure Should Be Something Like This:
HTML:
Kitchen
 +-- EXT
     +-- Diamond / Raphael
         +-- Common
             +-- ...
             +-- 010_Manila_2_5_2016_WVGA
             +-- 011_Manila_2_5_Requirements
             +-- 020_Manila_2_5_2016_VGA
             +-- 030_Tweaks_Manila_2016
             +-- ..
         +-- Shared
             +-- ..
 +-- MyTools
 +-- OEM
 +-- ..
 +-- ..

Numbering The Directories:

Ervius Visual Kitchen will read and process the EXT directories in alphabetical order, i.e. the '010' files will overwritten by identically named files in '011',
and '011' files will be overwritten identically named files in the '012' directory, and so on.

This is the reason why numbering the VGA Packages Higher than the WVGA packages is necessary .
Then only will the VGA Packages overwrite the WVGA packages.

Similarly The Tweaks' Folders numbering should be Higher than the Ported Manila 2.5.2016 Packages'.

And You Are Ready For Cooking:

And You Are Ready, Cross Check The Steps Once Again, Execute Erviuskitchen.exe, and wait as a fresh ROM is baked with the latest cutting edge manila 2.5.2016.

Be happy.
Enjoy.
But, Also Be Grateful To All The Developers Who Have Worked Very Hard To Give You This.
Say Thank You To All Of Them.
And Do Not Complain.

My Thanks To:
programmatix
mkucuksari
ted973
etoy
cnzq
And everyone who has contributed to this port.​

Last edited:

mkucuksari

May 11, 2008
My Small Contributions to this Great Work

Hi programatix and the other developers / Helpers

Great Work. Thanks for your effort

Regards

EDIT:17/07/10

My Small contributions to this great work :)

MODS
1- People Tab 4x3 Mod : POST-355 (Thks to Etoy for fixing layout prb)

2- Calendar Add Day On Mod: POST-167

3- Colored Calendar Mod-International: POST-362 (Thks to "ted973" for international tweak)

4- Endkey Replacement v3.6- VGA Package POST-321

EXTRA TABS
1- Manila GPS Track V2 Tab : POST-342

2- CALL History Tab : POST-306

Last edited:

ted973

Feb 5, 2008
Beijing
Mods and Fixes for 2.5.2016 VGA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mods

1)WM Classic SMS
Every sms function of manila will be replaced by WM default interface

POST 330

2)No HTCPhoneCanvas
Just ported amarullz's NoHTCPhoneCanvas mod to sense 2.5.2016

POST 330

3)Clock Flip Disable(both minute flip and double flip)
Reg to control

POST 419

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fixes

1)Sense 2.5.2016 programatix's VGA port Rel3 MusicFix
Fixed 1 and 2,but 3 didn't know how to fix it

POST 388

attachment.php

Last edited:

sharkie405

Dec 22, 2008
the depths
Hi all! I'm posting this question here and in the old 2012 VGA port thread cuz I'm not sure which one is better.

Using 2016, as I'm sure you're aware the people page no longer has the updates & events tab. I read in the 2012 VGA port thread that it is disabled by default (in 2016?). I didn't see how to enable it. How can I enable it? I've gone through the registry and changed several Facebook values and still a no go.

I've also tried using 2012, 14 and 15 people packages and I have no all people facebook with those either, which leads me to believe that the problem is somewhere other than the actual people package?

Keep in mind that I'm using a WVGA package. I didn't think this problem would be resolution dependant.

cubetto

Dec 2, 2008
WVGA packages are necessary to cook?
Is it possible to add it on first post?

hasseye

Jun 15, 2008
amazing job programmitx....thankk you and thank you for creating this new home for us :)

havent cooked yet, but ill be cooking as soon as you update the EXT packages page hopefully today or tomorrow? :)

programatix

May 17, 2005
Hi all! I'm posting this question here and in the old 2012 VGA port thread cuz I'm not sure which one is better.

Using 2016, as I'm sure you're aware the people page no longer has the updates & events tab. I read in the 2012 VGA port thread that it is disabled by default (in 2016?). I didn't see how to enable it. How can I enable it? I've gone through the registry and changed several Facebook values and still a no go.

I've also tried using 2012, 14 and 15 people packages and I have no all people facebook with those either, which leads me to believe that the problem is somewhere other than the actual people package?

Keep in mind that I'm using a WVGA package. I didn't think this problem would be resolution dependant.

I have Update & Events tab working in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. You have Facebook Engine and Album with Facebook Online cooked in?

EDIT: Also, do you cook in Social Networks Engine?

WVGA packages are necessary to cook?
Is it possible to add it on first post?

The last time I checked, the link is in the first page.

amazing job programmitx....thankk you and thank you for creating this new home for us :)

havent cooked yet, but ill be cooking as soon as you update the EXT packages page hopefully today or tomorrow? :)

I'll be busy tomorrow... family life. Then I'll cook my Exquisite ROM, and then I'll update the EXT packages. I can't believe I'm doing the opposite of what people normally do... releasing my works to the public first before releasing them to my ROM users... :)

Last edited:

hasseye

Jun 15, 2008
I'll be busy tomorrow... family life. Then I'll cook my Exquisite ROM, and then I'll update the EXT packages. I can't believe I'm doing the opposite of what people normally do... releasing my works to the public first before releasing them to my ROM users... :)

hhaha thank you your the best :)

i guess ill be cooking all next week/weekend then :)

any ETA on when u think u'll be officially releasing the final version of your sense? no rush obviously

AdamiX

May 24, 2009
Bratislava
The following packages have not been ported (please use older packages+VGA port for them):
Manila Twitter v2.5.20161326.0

Why? Isn't there something new in Twitter tab?

But thanks fot porting this manila in VGA :)

mkucuksari

May 11, 2008
Thanks and Bug Reporting

Hi programatix,

Again many thanks for your great work. Just cook my first Manila 2.5 2016 for testing. Perfect and great job :)

Also thanks to "Etoy" for original "WVGA" packages.

But I find one minor and one major issue (may be it is not general prb, not sure):eek: mentioned at below :

1-Picture Tab :Portrait Layout is perfect. But when you compare wth Manila 2012, landscape pict and vidoes are a little bit small. :eek:

2-Weather Tab :Every time when I select "Weather Tab", Sense is launching (manila restarting)itself. As I said before, not sure if it is a general problem or if it is only related with my kitchen.

If yes, could you please give a suggestion where to look at ?

Regards,

PS :Using Non-CFC package

icke

Feb 12, 2007
Ahaus
Google Pixel 6
2-Weather Tab :Every time when I select "Weather Tab", Sense is launching (manila restarting)itself. As I said before, not sure if it is a general problem or if it is only related with my kitchen.

Regards,

It's caused on missing 2330fc3c_manila. Had the same issue like you...then i cooked in this file from previouse port and weather tab is working like it should. Hope, this will help you.

programatix

May 17, 2005
The following packages have not been ported (please use older packages+VGA port for them):
Manila Twitter v2.5.20161326.0

Why? Isn't there something new in Twitter tab?

But thanks fot porting this manila in VGA :)
I don't use twitter and has no account for it. Need to login to test if I ported it correctly. For the moment, I'm not into tweeting.

Hi programatix,

Again many thanks for your great work. Just cook my first Manila 2.5 2016 for testing. Perfect and great job :)

Also thanks to "Etoy" for original "WVGA" packages.

But I find one minor and one major issue (may be it is not general prb, not sure):eek: mentioned at below :

1-Picture Tab :Portrait Layout is perfect. But when you compare wth Manila 2012, landscape pict and vidoes are a little bit small. :eek:

Regards,

I'm using the original untouched package. During my test while porting, I never have restarting problem with Weather tab, except Settings tab. But it's not restarting anymore after I finished porting the Settings tab.

For Photo tab, I'll see what i can do to enlarge them.

madnish30

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2009
New Delhi-India.
Do you guys need a "How to cook " i can do it like i did for the 2012.... i'll try to better it..
if so i'll have to ask MOD to give me a post on first page, do let me know guys, thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can not restart sense , the phone will hang and I have to reset the phone .
    Hi ceesheim,

Which WVGA package did you use and get this problem ??

For me, Etoy's Non-CFC WVGA package works at WWE ROM with some little issues mentioned at below :)

PS.DELETED

Regards