The Moto G Battery Life Tips & Tricks Thread

Search This thread

Ani0o7

Mar 9, 2014
Indore
Moto G
Moto G 2014
Can you give me more information about it? Do I need to be rooted? Do you have a profile example from where I can start my own?

Yes you have to be on rooted device..... Yes for sure you can create power saving profile, even I use profiles but not exactly power saving profile..... I use auto aeroplane mode at night and it works well..... For tutorial YouTube tasker and you will find many basic to intermediate tutorials...

Gtr143

Jul 9, 2018
My moto g3 34-20% 4g net access automatically shutdown! Why this issue? How to solve?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***MOTO G BATTERY TIPS & TRICKS THREAD***

Hello fellow Moto G users! As we all know, our shiny new phones get great battery life right out of the box... but a little more is always better, right?:D The purpose of this thread is to share bits of knowledge on how to squeeze the most juice out of our batteries. Feel free to post any personal tips you may have, or correcct anything that may not be accurate. What works for one might not work for another, so let's see what we can come up with ;) I'll start...

P.S. please do not post your battery usage screenshots here, there is already a thread for that: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2538691

- Mobile data can be a huge battery drain, specifically 3G/4G. Use wifi when possible, and also if you know you are not going to be using your phone for a while (e.g. at work), set your preferred network to 2G. The long way to do it is Settings>More>Mobile Networks>Network Mode. There are apps in the play store that can create a shortcut to the network settings, or if you are using Xposed you can usually put a toggle for it in your quicksettings for ease of access.

- Screen brightness will always be one of your biggest battery drains. I personally turn off auto brightness and manually set my brightness slider to as low as comfortably possible for best results.

- Apps can run in the background without you even knowing, hogging up memory and battery. Disabling the ones you dont need can help big time. Go to settings> apps and slide all the way to the left to the All category, select the unwanted app and hit Disable. You can re-enable these apps anytime also. My suggestions would be to disable the Moto apps - Assist, Migrate, and Help, and also any of the Google apps you dont use such as Magazines, Newsstand, Movies, etc.

- Uninstall unnecessary apps. Even though you may barely use them, they could still be running in the background by themselves.

- Use a lightweight launcher, such as the stock launcher, Nova, Apex or G.E.L. Heavier launchers such as Go Launcher, Themer, Next Launcher 3D use a lot more RAM and can slow down your phone + drain battery.

- If you don't use any of the special functions of Google Now, turn it off. You will still be able to use the Google search, but without the massive battery drain that comes along with the Now functions.

- Greenify can help with some apps that constantly run in the background like Maps or Facebook, basically it freezes the app when you're not using it. You must be rooted to use Greenify though. *Note: Greenify only lets you freeze downloaded apps, so if you want to freeze a system app, for example Google Maps, use Titanium Backup to uninstall the app, then reinstall the app from the playstore. Problem solved:good:

- Check your sync settings to make sure you're not syncing stuff you dont need. Go to settings>Accounts and tap Google, then tap your account name. Uncheck any of the services you dont use, for example Books, or Photos, or Google+. Do the same for anything else in you Accounts section.

- Location: Go to Settings>Location>Mode and make sure its on Battery Saving. Simple enough.

- Turn off Bluetooth and Wifi when you're not using them.

- Turn off Location Reporting in Facebook AND Facebook Messenger. In fact if you don't absolutely need it, delete the Facebook Messenger app altogether. The Facebook app will still give you your message notifications just fine without it.

- Custom kernels are well known to give better battery life, but usually need to be tuned/adjusted to fit individual needs. Such adjustments include underclocking your CPU/GPU, changing governors, undervolting, and limiting cores. If all of this sounds new to you :confused: I suggest you start reading the kernel threads in one of the Development sections.

Well that's all I can think of for now, if I think of anything else I'll add it. Feel free to add any other tips:good::laugh:
    And also, to get maximum battery life possible, simply keep your phone turned off.

p.s. couldn't resist the temptation to make some fun. good suggestions though...

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I use Tasker to automate some of my battery saving scenarios. At home and at work I disable the mobile data and turn on the wifi, and I do the opposite when I'm somewhere else. I use my home / workplace wifi signal to switch between locations, I find it way more accurate than cell tower positioning with minimal power usage. (Android 4.3 can scan the wireless networks even with turned off wlan.) I'm currently not rooted ,but with rooted phones and some plugins you can also switch between 2G and 3G or put the phone to airplane mode during night all automatic, set it once and forget it :)

Tasker is a paid app with a lot of fancy functions but for simpler automation tasks there is a free app called Llama.
    Switch off the phone...
    By this way the battery can last a year or two... ;)

seriously guys stop worrying about battery, this phone has better backup than most other phones..
    if thats not still enough for your usage patterns.. carry a charger or a power bank
    Greenify - tho' it requires root, probably the best concept in battery saving apps - and with the pro version you can keep the notification from applications that are using GCM and are hibernated/suspended from running in background.