att $35 plan

Search This thread

sicmadek

Nov 16, 2010
louisiana
I have a verizon moto x and I purchased the $35 att prepaid plan. No matter what APN I try I can't get data to work. Can anyone help me out with this?

larry62

Sep 1, 2012
I have a verizon moto x and I purchased the $35 att prepaid plan. No matter what APN I try I can't get data to work. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thought I remember reading somewhere that Verizon Moto X was SIM unlocked for international use only. Sounds like the kind of thing Verizon would do.

Not to sound like a douche, but this has been discussed many many times, and the answer is: Older Verizon handsets were "international" meaning they had international bands but wouldn't work on US networks. That's since changed, as now all Verizon phones that have GSM capabilities are unlocked for US networks and international GSM too.

The issue the OP is having is not based on the network working at all, it's that his data specifically won't connect. OP, I'd double check all the possible APN's you could find online and see if changing them would work. Remember, H+ is all you'll get on a VZW Moto X that's on ATT's network.
Thought I remember reading somewhere that Verizon Moto X was SIM unlocked for international use only. Sounds like the kind of thing Verizon would do.

sicmadek

Nov 16, 2010
louisiana
Not to sound like a douche, but this has been discussed many many times, and the answer is: Older Verizon handsets were "international" meaning they had international bands but wouldn't work on US networks. That's since changed, as now all Verizon phones that have GSM capabilities are unlocked for US networks and international GSM too.

The issue the OP is having is not based on the network working at all, it's that his data specifically won't connect. OP, I'd double check all the possible APN's you could find online and see if changing them would work. Remember, H+ is all you'll get on a VZW Moto X that's on ATT's network.

I'm happy with hspa+ but I can't get the APN settings to save.

It could ultimately be an issue with the way VZW "modified" the firmware. When on VZW's network, APN's aren't editable at all. I'm assuming you're able to edit them as you're saying that the APN's won't save, but sounds like it's giving you the option to edit them.

Try these various APN's

Code:
APN: phone
mmsc: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
mms proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN type: default,supl,mms,hipri

Code:
mms proxy: 66.209.11.32
MMS port: 8080

Code:
APN: wap.cingular
mmsc: http://mmsc.cingular.com
mms port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410

I'm happy with hspa+ but I can't get the APN settings to save.

larry62

Sep 1, 2012

Thank for the clarification. My mistake. (BTW - this is an example of how a person can be civil and gracious in an online forum.)

Reactions: balleron24z

sicmadek

Nov 16, 2010
louisiana
It could ultimately be an issue with the way VZW "modified" the firmware. When on VZW's network, APN's aren't editable at all. I'm assuming you're able to edit them as you're saying that the APN's won't save, but sounds like it's giving you the option to edit them.

Try these various APN's

Code:
mms proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80

Code:
MMS port: 8080

Code:
APN: wap.cingular
mmsc: http://mmsc.cingular.com
mms port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410

I've tried these but it won't save

sicmadek

Nov 16, 2010
louisiana
I haven't cancelled my verizon line yet. Would that affect anything. Do I have to do a factory reset before using another carriers Sim?

EDIT:
May try using something like an app to modify the APNs, such as this > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tweakker
That's honestly the only thing I know, if the phone won't let you add them from the system settings.

You shouldn't have to FR the phone just to use another SIM. If that were the case, then using the phone globally wouldn't work right as the APN's wouldn't sync up. I don't think that having the line active on VZW would hurt it either because ultimately, the device needs the SIM to even register on a CDMA network, let alone LTE.

There's bound to be a way to save the APN's properly. If it's allowing you to add them, then there should be a way to save them. Does it give you the 3-dot menu button? Or a button at the bottom to save or anything?

I haven't cancelled my verizon line yet. Would that affect anything. Do I have to do a factory reset before using another carriers Sim?

Last edited:

sicmadek

Nov 16, 2010
louisiana
EDIT:
May try using something like an app to modify the APNs, such as this > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tweakker
That's honestly the only thing I know, if the phone won't let you add them from the system settings.

You shouldn't have to FR the phone just to use another SIM. If that were the case, then using the phone globally wouldn't work right as the APN's wouldn't sync up. I don't think that having the line active on VZW would hurt it either because ultimately, the device needs the SIM to even register on a CDMA network, let alone LTE.

There's bound to be a way to save the APN's properly. If it's allowing you to add them, then there should be a way to save them. Does it give you the 3-dot menu button? Or a button at the bottom to save or anything?

Yes there's the 3 dots then save. When I click save it goes to the main APN screen and there is no APN profiles there.

Just to confirm, you're typing a name for the APN right? Make sure that under mobile networks, the network type is set as LTE/GSM (or Global, I forget the option), and that roaming is allowed, and then try the APN. I wish I had my ST SIM active so I could test this with you.
Yes there's the 3 dots then save. When I click save it goes to the main APN screen and there is no APN profiles there.

sicmadek

Nov 16, 2010
louisiana
Just to confirm, you're typing a name for the APN right? Make sure that under mobile networks, the network type is set as LTE/GSM (or Global, I forget the option), and that roaming is allowed, and then try the APN. I wish I had my ST SIM active so I could test this with you.

Yes I am typing a name for the APN. I'm on the $35 feature go plan. Its possible it may not work on the moto x but it should still let me create a APN right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank for the clarification. My mistake. (BTW - this is an example of how a person can be civil and gracious in an online forum.)