[Q] custom low battery notification?

Search This thread
Feb 20, 2014
Hey guys,

New here. I have been an android user/fan for years but I have mostly been a Samsung person, I recently got myself the new red 32GB Nexus 5 and it is a really different experience but I like it so far.

Anyhow I wanted to know where to go to change the notification sound for a low battery. I tried looking around in the settings but I can only find the option for changing the general notification sounds and not the sound for the low battery specifically.

If anyone knows how to do this and can help me out it would be appreciated! Thanks

Feb 20, 2014
Is there anyway to do it without using an external app? I know that somewhere in android is a place for the low battery notification sound because my Nexus 5 is completely in default mode and the sound for the low battery warning is totally different from any other notification sound I have heard from the phone thus far.

I am sure there is a folder somewhere in android where that sound is kept I just do not know where it is. If there really is no other way then I will try the app that you suggested but for a completely stock version of an open source OS there has to be a way to do this without using an app right?

H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

Hi,

You need root, in /system/media/audio/ui/LowBattery.ogg

:)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

Feb 20, 2014

Top Liked Posts