samsung galaxy s2 SHW-M250K

Search This thread

ihwan23

Mar 16, 2014
Hello bro...

I have a phone . It's model is SHW-M250K and is currently running Android GingerBread 2.3.6 in galaxy s2 i9100.

I want to root and instal cwm in my phone (and if possible upgrade it ). my signal not work well.

I would really appreciate your help if you can refer me to a useful tutorial, as I have found none.

Thanks so much!

Paul_Kolanjian

Dec 12, 2012
Zahlah
OnePlus One
LG G3
Hello bro...

I have a phone . It's model is SHW-M250K and is currently running Android GingerBread 2.3.6 in galaxy s2 i9100.

I want to root and instal cwm in my phone (and if possible upgrade it ). my signal not work well.

I would really appreciate your help if you can refer me to a useful tutorial, as I have found none.

Thanks so much!
This tutorial always works on stock Gingerbread 2.3.x:
1- Download "siyah-2.6.14-CWM.zip" and extract the .tar file using any archiver.
2- Flash the .tar file using ODIN 1.85 (first, put your phone into download mode by turning it off and pressing Volume down + home button + Power button), and you need to select the PDA field for the .tar file.
You are now rooted on stock 2.3 and you have CWM which can possibly flash some new ROMs but notice that if you want to flash 4.4 KitKat ROMs, you need to upgrade your recovery to latest CWM 6.0.4.7 (6.0.4.5 should work too). Good luck :)

ihwan23

Mar 16, 2014
This tutorial always works on stock Gingerbread 2.3.x:
1- Download "siyah-2.6.14-CWM.zip" and extract the .tar file using any archiver.
2- Flash the .tar file using ODIN 1.85 (first, put your phone into download mode by turning it off and pressing Volume down + home button + Power button), and you need to select the PDA field for the .tar file.
You are now rooted on stock 2.3 and you have CWM which can possibly flash some new ROMs but notice that if you want to flash 4.4 KitKat ROMs, you need to upgrade your recovery to latest CWM 6.0.4.7 (6.0.4.5 should work too). Good luck :)

it still not run.. use suyah 2.6.14 swm not able to root this pone.. what happened... :confused:

Paul_Kolanjian

Dec 12, 2012
Zahlah
OnePlus One
LG G3
it still not run.. use suyah 2.6.14 swm not able to root this pone.. what happened... :confused:

The file to be flashed through ODIN (after extraction of course): http://gokhanmoral.desean.net/siyahkernel/v2.6/Siyah-v2.6.14.tar
You know the drill: Extract, flash with ODIN, enjoy a rooted phone with CWM 5.x.x.x which is quite-too-old now, and I don't see how one can fail using the method. Anyway, go for "update.zip" by simply googling update.zip for gingerbread 2.3 rooting and you should be able to flash that file from recovery with superuser app installed (worked for me on stock recovery back then) ;)