unroot I9505....

Search This thread

christty31

Oct 7, 2008
Bucharest
I hope that you guys have an answer for me....
3 days ago i rooted my S4 I9505 with towelroot https://towelroot.com/. KNOX was not tripped.
i there any way to unroot in the same way, without tripping KNOX, to upgrade it to 4.4.2?

Thanks!

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
Official firmwares never trip knox. :)

It is always safe to flash the OFFICIAL firmware.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: adilabdi110

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
If knox 2.0 is in 4.4.2 then how can you avoid it when updating to 4.4.2?

Knox 2.0 is not in 4.4.2 it is an update that rolled out a few weeks ago.

Not sure if once in 2.0 it can be downgraded by flashing a previous 4.4.2 rom.

It has many new updates like the pattern lock and simplified method of transfer of data from our phone to the knox containers.

It looks like this now

Press Thanks if I helped :)
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via XDA app.

Attachments

• 1408045120254.jpg
    1408045120254.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Bingley

Bingley

Jan 6, 2011
Netherfield

It has many new updates like the pattern lock and simplified method of transfer of data from our phone to the knox containers.

It looks like this now

I've only updated to 4.4.2, never updated or run knox-i have the app disabled-but it's listed as being 2.0.0 in Manage Apps, with no updates to uninstall as I've not updated it., yet it's still already 2.0.

Last edited:

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
I've only updated to 4.4.2, never updated or run knox-i have the app disabled-but it's listed as being 2.0.0 in Manage Apps, with no updates to uninstall as I've not updated it., yet it's still already 2.0.

Well i call it knox 2.0 because when i had a 100mb upgrade, it stated that your phone is going to upgrade to 2.0 with a kids mode functionality.
Rest even I have never noticed the version no. Just many UI changes from knox 1.0 to 2.0. :)
Plus Even samsung calls it 2.0. It was stated on the samsung's website that it knew about towel root exploiting the linux kernel and it shall resolve this in an update.
Rest idk what that update was. I clearly remember samsung calling it knox 2.0 upgrade update.

Bingley

Jan 6, 2011
Netherfield
Well i call it knox 2.0 because when i had a 100mb upgrade, it stated that your phone is going to upgrade to 2.0 with a kids mode functionality.
Rest even I have never noticed the version no. Just many UI changes from knox 1.0 to 2.0. :)
Plus Even samsung calls it 2.0. It was stated on the samsung's website that it knew about towel root exploiting the linux kernel and it shall resolve this in an update.
Rest idk what that update was. I clearly remember samsung calling it knox 2.0 upgrade update.

So you had a 100mb non-4.4.2 update? I'm sure you mean knox 2.0 was in the ota for 4.4.2, which I think can be rooted. Are you sure 2.0 can't be towelrooted?

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
So you had a 100mb non-4.4.2 update? I'm sure you mean knox 2.0 was in the ota for 4.4.2, which I think can be rooted. Are you sure 2.0 can't be towelrooted?

Well yes. I am already on 4.4.2. Received the uodate 2 days back.
PURELY KNOX 2.0 update.

Well many people,including my sister did that upgrade and towelroot stopped rooting. And many are complaining now that towelroot has stopped working.

That is why I blame the update.

I cannot use towelroot altogether as it does not work on i9500.

Bingley

Jan 6, 2011
Netherfield
Well yes. I am already on 4.4.2. Received the uodate 2 days back.
PURELY KNOX 2.0 update.

Well many people,including my sister did that upgrade and towelroot stopped rooting. And many are complaining now that towelroot has stopped working.

That is why I blame the update.

I cannot use towelroot altogether as it does not work on i9500.

Ok. I can't find any update info you're talking of, especially saying knox uodatebwas 100mb :) was it an ota or play store update? I didn't think apps updated in such a weird way, no mention of this anyone else that I can find :/

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida

Bingley

Jan 6, 2011
Netherfield

Brilliant, thanks. I've been on xxugne8 4.4.2 build date May 21st since I got this phone in the uk about 2 weeks ago but can't find it listed on sam, perhaps I just had an early update? I guess no way to root without typing knox on post-june kernels as towelroot now @google :/

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
Brilliant, thanks. I've been on xxugne8 4.4.2 build date May 21st since I got this phone in the uk about 2 weeks ago but can't find it listed on sam, perhaps I just had an early update? I guess no way to root without typing knox on post-june kernels as towelroot now @google :/

Well maybe. Because samsung was keen on stopping towelroot anyhow. They patched the linux kernels.
You can read samsungs take on towelroot on www.samsungknox.com
:)

christty31

Oct 7, 2008
Bucharest
Why unroot again and again if you have to flash a stock rom?

Just flash a stock rom and youre unrooted :D

But remember. Knox 2.0 wont let you use towelroot.

ok, so:

upgrade to 4.4.2 with Odin will update it without tripping KNOX, just no to upgrade KNOX to 2.0 when receive this update, and the towelroot will work.
If necessary, for warranty reasons, re-install 4.4.2 with Odin will unroot it and have stock ROM as brand new.
Correct?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    and after 4.4.2 official will be on my I9505 can i root again without tripping KNOX or other problems? :(

No problems buddy.

Towelroot you phone again :D

But before rooting dont upgrade to knox 2.0. People cant root with towelroot after that update.

good :)
    but, if I want to unroot it for different reasons, re-flash again 4.4.2 with Odin if safe?
    thanks!

Why unroot again and again if you have to flash a stock rom?

Just flash a stock rom and youre unrooted :D

But remember. Knox 2.0 wont let you use towelroot.

Official firmwares never trip knox. :)

It is always safe to flash the OFFICIAL firmware.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app
    If knox 2.0 is in 4.4.2 then how can you avoid it when updating to 4.4.2?

It looks like this now

ok, so:

upgrade to 4.4.2 with Odin will update it without tripping KNOX, just no to upgrade KNOX to 2.0 when receive this update, and the towelroot will work.
    If necessary, for warranty reasons, re-install 4.4.2 with Odin will unroot it and have stock ROM as brand new.
    Correct?

Yup :)