error executing updater binary

Search This thread

bill1clinton

Feb 15, 2012
Hi Guys,

I have tried many of the ROMs available however, for the most part, I get this error "error executing updater binary" in TWRP. I have also tried CWM and Philz recovery. The only ROM that installs is CM11. Does any one know what is the issue? Anyone got a solution? Thanks.

Current Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.1

bill1clinton

Feb 15, 2012
No, I did not. However, having said that, would it really be the case of corrupt downloads across multiple roms? As well, CM11 installs perfectly fine.

I'll do some checking now.

Last edited:

bill1clinton

Feb 15, 2012
Well, just re-downloaded AOSP from the oneplus homepage and flapped AOSP. I also checked their md5 hashes; they match. I will report back.

doe or die

Nov 22, 2008
I'm getting this same message, except I'm getting it when trying to install the new OTA update. I'm rooted with custom recovery, but haven't flashed any ROM. After I download the update, I push "install update" and my phone reboots into TWRP to install the update, and then gives me the "error executing updater binary" error. I tried downloading the update manually off the web and installing it via TWRP on my own, but it gave me the same message. Not really sure what else to do at this point.

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Unzip the ROM that works and the ROM that doesn't with 7zip, then swap the update-binary from the working to the non. Rezip (set to store) then either sign the ROM or toggle SIG verification in recovery, then make nandroid, wipe clean, flash
By the way, what version do you have? 16 64? Chinese? Can you get bootloader info?

bill1clinton

Feb 15, 2012
Unzip the ROM that works and the ROM that doesn't with 7zip, then swap the update-binary from the working to the non. Rezip (set to store) then either sign the ROM or toggle SIG verification in recovery, then make nandroid, wipe clean, flash
By the way, what version do you have? 16 64? Chinese? Can you get bootloader info?

The ROM that works is CM11 nightly and the one that I would like to install is pure AOSP. Are you certain that their update binary files would/could be interchangeable?

And how to do you "set to store"? I use 7zip.

I have the international 64GB. And I am not sure how to check my bootloader.

I really do apologize for my newb-ness on this matter.

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
There shouldn't be an issue, but of course I can't promise as I don't know what specifically is going on in your case

When you choose zip, there you will have different compression options, choose store

Try
fastboot oem device-info
Write down output here

No worries, we all are noobs in our own ways

viriatis

Mar 2, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Same problem here

did anyone figure this out? im having the same issue trying to install lollipop roms
Hi have same problem here.
my Bootloader is unlocked, I have phone rooted, I use last bacon twrp version. I already clean all phone.

I could install any rom, finally I found cm-11.0-XNPH44S-bacon-signed-fastboot.zip with fastboot.bat file that helped me to recover my phone.

I did all steps from all guys I searched, I can't know why I always appear error "error executing updater binary".

I tried cm-12-20150124-NIGHTLY-bacon.zip, I tried BlissPop-v1.8-bacon-OFFICIAL-20150123-2230.zip, all same error. I also tried to install original cm-11, same error.

I don't know what to do more or why? I checked Bootloader is unlocked.

spooke

Dec 1, 2009
Bedfordshire
Hi have same problem here.
my Bootloader is unlocked, I have phone rooted, I use last bacon twrp version. I already clean all phone.

I could install any rom, finally I found cm-11.0-XNPH44S-bacon-signed-fastboot.zip with fastboot.bat file that helped me to recover my phone.

I did all steps from all guys I searched, I can't know why I always appear error "error executing updater binary".

I tried cm-12-20150124-NIGHTLY-bacon.zip, I tried BlissPop-v1.8-bacon-OFFICIAL-20150123-2230.zip, all same error. I also tried to install original cm-11, same error.

I don't know what to do more or why? I checked Bootloader is unlocked.

I get the exact same error, as you I can only flash CM-11, strange cause I was running Euphoria OS Lollipop!

Someone must know the cause!

Taza99

Nov 23, 2014
sad problem

I'm getting this same message, except I'm getting it when trying to install the new OTA update. I'm rooted with custom recovery, but haven't flashed any ROM. After I download the update, I push "install update" and my phone reboots into TWRP to install the update, and then gives me the "error executing updater binary" error. I tried downloading the update manually off the web and installing it via TWRP on my own, but it gave me the same message. Not really sure what else to do at this point.

I'm having exactly same problem. So is this common problem or what? I had multirom and xposed framework but after uninstalling them both I get the same error again. I hope this does not happen when we are getting the Lollipop-update. Sry for bad enklish.
Anyone help?