[Q] AT&T Ion (LT28a) Flashed with Hong Kong (LT28i) ftf issues

Search This thread

lagunabrooks

Nov 10, 2010
Laguna Beach
I have been a longtime XDA member in the X10 community, but have never before posted.
I purchased an Ion through AT&T the 24th of June, the day it launched, and after scouring the web, and XDA, I found the Hong Kong based ftf file from the link below and successfully flashed it to my phone.

Hong Kong based ftf, build 6.0.F.0.72, baseband 9x00B-SCAQCSZQ-34702060-04
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1711466

Maybe this was premature, as I am not sure how to make an ftf file, and therefore did not have my original AT&T ftf to revert to if this failed. (I would appreciate someone creating and sharing the original AT&T ftf for those who may need / want it.)
The firmware flashed successfully, and it is without all of the AT&T ware that can not be removed, and it also has a much nicer Xperia boot animation than the AT&T one, but I have noticed 2 issues with this firmware:

1. I did not back up or write down the APN or mobile network settings, and after flashing, the automatic internet settings feature in Settings, Xperia, Internet settings fails to find the AT&T network information. I did find some posts that have some AT&T APN settings (is that all that I need?) but I only occasionally get the 4G icon in the status bar when I was always there before flashing. Does this firmware possibly not utilize all of the available radio bands available on the LT28a phone as it is intended for the LT28i? Is there a hardware difference, or do I just need the correct APN settings? Can someone share these settings from the original AT&T firmware

2. Over the course of the last few days on this firmware, I have noticed that several friends have sent text messages that will show notifications on the lock screen, but as soon as I unlock the phone, I can't find the text messages anywhere. This does not happen for all people that try to send me texts, only some of them. I have tested with other people standing next to me, texting, we see it on the lock screen, then when I unlock the phone, no new messages to be found.

Can anyone provide the APN settings from AT&T for this phone, the original ftf files, and maybe provide some insight about the missing text messages?

Thanks!

Reactions: kvssvarma
D

Deleted member 1483200

It could be possible that version doesn't even support LTE? Since its international?

Sent from my LT28at using xda app-developers app

earbrain

Dec 29, 2010
Dallas
Here's mine:

NAME: ATT
APN: wap.cingular
PROXY: <NOT SET>
PORT: <NOT SET>
USER NAME: wap.cingulargprs.com
PW: <NOT SET>
SERVER: <NOT SET>
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS PROXY: wireless.cingular.com
MMS PORT: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
AUTH TYPE: <NOT SET>
PROTOCOL: IPv4

Of coarse this is for 3g but not sure will work for LTE. Worth a try though. eb

Sent from my X10a using xda premium

Spectre51

4cad828c-b740-e257.jpg
4cad828c-b748-21ca.jpg

Here is the default apn for at&t on the ion. Be interested to see if lte still works for you.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

earbrain

Dec 29, 2010
Dallas
Spec feel free to copy paste my post and change settings as needed, save ya some thumb typing maybe.
Also I have StraightTalk if needed. eb

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

earbrain

Dec 29, 2010
Dallas
Hey mines still on the way, Ill do that first thing. If anybody needs anything else that an untouched stock unit can provide, leme know. eb

lagunabrooks

Nov 10, 2010
Laguna Beach
Thanks for the screenshots Spectre51, I had the same settings though that I found on another post, the only difference was that "APN type" has "default, admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri,internet". I don't know that my results are really any different, but I will try with the settings you provided for a few days.
Thanks!
Earbrain, if you could make an ftf of the AT&T stock, I think it would be great. I think we should begin building a repository of firmware, basebands, etc, and keep it organized right from the beginning.
We already have the HK firmware so graciously donated by liuxueyuan1990, that I linked to in my first post. As soon as we have original AT&T, firmware to flash back to, maybe some other flash junkies will want to try it out as well.

lagunabrooks

Nov 10, 2010
Laguna Beach
How the internation firmware with all AT&T setting work? or do you have to flash back to original firmware?

I don't even have the original firmware to flash back to yet. The international firmware is great., my biggest issue is that some text messages, from some people ( not all, not sure if it had to do with phone Contacts vs my gmail contacts) will show on the lock screen, but when the phone is unlocked, I can't find the text messages anywhere.
I also don't get the 4G icon in the status bar up top to often, it usually says 3G or H, but I think it really is 4G speed, it is much faster than what I have seen of 3G.
I prefer this firmware to the AT&T variant, it is more like a pure Sony firmware like you would see on an unlocked phone. Missing text messages are kind of a big deal, and I may want to switch back, wish we had root so I could just back up and restore easier.:-(

earbrain

Dec 29, 2010
Dallas
I'll post the att fw soon as pos. You should be able to restore via pc connect, just fyi. eb

earbrain

Dec 29, 2010
Dallas
Hey guys, got my ion in-hand. Wanted to backup firmware b4 doing anything for all our sake. Will flashtool work without screwing anything up?
Also, can't help but notice the missing curved screen. Anybody know what up? All pics even ones on the box show it curved but mine certainly ain't. Is that the case w you alls or did I just get fckd??? eb

Spectre51

I've only made the ftf after getting the two largest blob_f files from the sues folder. Don't even know how you would do it using just the software on the phone.

What do you mean by curved screen?

Last edited:

earbrain

Dec 29, 2010
Dallas
Yeah, like the Nexus. Look at all the pics in the ads, am I imagining things???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4cad828c-b740-e257.jpg
    4cad828c-b748-21ca.jpg

Here is the default apn for at&t on the ion. Be interested to see if lte still works for you.

LTE works on the international rom on my LT28at. Love that speed.

Sent from my LT28i using Tapatalk 2
    Loaded the international firmware on my LT28at and it works fine so far. Loaded the apn that I posted earlier and the wifi hotspot worked fine. Not in an LTE area though so I couldn't test that. I'm setting it all up now and will try using it for the next few days and see if I notice any issues.
    I have a Xperia S bought this one because 4G (still waiting for deliver). Please test 4G if it's working. If it does I think should create a guide for flashing inter nation ROM, setting etc...

Hspa is working fine. Wont be in a LTE area for at least another week. Once I can test LTE I'll let you know.

Don't really need to make a guide. There are plenty of flashtool guides explaining how to use it. I have put links to both AT&T and international firmwares in the firmware thread in the dev section (which will be moved to the general thread eventually)

Sent from my LT28i using Tapatalk 2
    I have been a longtime XDA member in the X10 community, but have never before posted.
    I purchased an Ion through AT&T the 24th of June, the day it launched, and after scouring the web, and XDA, I found the Hong Kong based ftf file from the link below and successfully flashed it to my phone.

Hong Kong based ftf, build 6.0.F.0.72, baseband 9x00B-SCAQCSZQ-34702060-04
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1711466

Maybe this was premature, as I am not sure how to make an ftf file, and therefore did not have my original AT&T ftf to revert to if this failed. (I would appreciate someone creating and sharing the original AT&T ftf for those who may need / want it.)
    The firmware flashed successfully, and it is without all of the AT&T ware that can not be removed, and it also has a much nicer Xperia boot animation than the AT&T one, but I have noticed 2 issues with this firmware:

1. I did not back up or write down the APN or mobile network settings, and after flashing, the automatic internet settings feature in Settings, Xperia, Internet settings fails to find the AT&T network information. I did find some posts that have some AT&T APN settings (is that all that I need?) but I only occasionally get the 4G icon in the status bar when I was always there before flashing. Does this firmware possibly not utilize all of the available radio bands available on the LT28a phone as it is intended for the LT28i? Is there a hardware difference, or do I just need the correct APN settings? Can someone share these settings from the original AT&T firmware

2. Over the course of the last few days on this firmware, I have noticed that several friends have sent text messages that will show notifications on the lock screen, but as soon as I unlock the phone, I can't find the text messages anywhere. This does not happen for all people that try to send me texts, only some of them. I have tested with other people standing next to me, texting, we see it on the lock screen, then when I unlock the phone, no new messages to be found.

Can anyone provide the APN settings from AT&T for this phone, the original ftf files, and maybe provide some insight about the missing text messages?

Thanks!