[Q] Note3 Root from KitKat w/encrypted email...now phone wont boot

Search This thread

dd2fourteen

Dec 31, 2010
So I just wanted a simple root to get root access on my NOTE3 to stop some apps from auto starting.

I was at KK and went with one of popular youtube channel vids as I have done many times before. The only difference this time, is that I have my work email tied in and I am required to encrypt the phone. I assume that this is the problem here.

My phone asks me for my encryption password, and then the green android guy comes on the screen for a second, then disappears, then fade to black.

Nothing else happens, the phone then powers off.

I tried to revert back.

I quickly found out that I cant go back to MJ4 (at least not easily, I tried already, this fails with error basically stating that I cant go back).

I am able to apply (N900PVPUCNC5_N900PSPTCNC5_N900PVPUCNC5_HOME.tar.md5 - KK), but this is giving me the same results as the root (phone boots, asks for ecryption p/w, takes p/w, then powers off).

Is there anything I can do to get my phone back to a working state?

Any and all help is and will be greatly appreciated.

topherk

Nov 16, 2010
Los Angeles
I am able to apply (N900PVPUCNC5_N900PSPTCNC5_N900PVPUCNC5_HOME.tar.md5 - KK), but this is giving me the same results as the root (phone boots, asks for ecryption p/w, takes p/w, then powers off).

Is there anything I can do to get my phone back to a working state?

Any and all help is and will be greatly appreciated.

I am unfamiliar with encrypting phones, but I believe you should try to use the full-restore from rwilco12.

I hope this works for you.