KEXEC RELEASED!!!!! Kernels for one and for all incoming.

Search This thread

Shinare

May 18, 2008
Fantastic!!! I don't even know what this will get me but looking forward to it! :-D

Sent from my GALAXY NEXUS using XDA

romdroid.

Jul 27, 2010
Guys I've read something on there...
Just want to say some things!

My RAZR is fine and I'm still working on that: at the moment the only remaining problem is the dualcore.
The kernel gets booted just fine and it is also fast like using both cores...while it can only use a single core out of the OMAP4430... for now.

We haven't still released kexec because, at the moment, the procedure isn't that user friendly other than there's still the dualcore problem.

A release should anyway be ...imminent.

Just wait some other time.. :)

love u man :D kutgw

ps. forza italia!

gerazzo

Jan 3, 2005
Napoli

My RAZR is fine and I'm still working on that: at the moment the only remaining problem is the dualcore.
The kernel gets booted just fine and it is also fast like using both cores...while it can only use a single core out of the OMAP4430... for now.

We haven't still released kexec because, at the moment, the procedure isn't that user friendly other than there's still the dualcore problem.

At last it seems we will have some "mod time" with our RAZRs...

gierso

Aug 13, 2010
Monterrey
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)

Do you think it would be too dificult to. Port it to the droid 3???
Not the kernel But the kexec procedure to load its own compiled kernel??
Enviado desde mi XT862 usando Tapatalk

Last edited:

mannyAk47

Aug 21, 2010
i hope Motorola dont rolamota over kholk to stop him as this will really piss them off big time if he succeeds :D

omeomyo

Oct 13, 2011
somerset

Coolness

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA

thekidmoon

Aug 31, 2010
You won a Droid RAZR from Droidrzr.com and they are trying to get in touch with you so contract them before they give it away to someone else.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk

sevenup30

Jan 19, 2011
Montpellier
Kholk was able to make work only one core, so he might be working on the second and then he probably release kexec

Sent from my XT910 using XDA App

daddymikey1975

Feb 6, 2010
Anything new on this, kholk?

Sent from my MZ601 using XDA Premium HD app

from 3/8/12:

kholk said:
daddymikey1975 said:
Kholk,

I'm waiting for my razr maxx to arrive. I'm coming from Sprint to verizon. I did have the motorola photon which was a 4G phone (CDMA/GSM) like the razr.

They found a way to unlock the bootloader but it broke Sprint's 4G.. although, when unlocked, the GSM versions were fine.

Here is a link to the "Pudding" bootloader unlock from the photon that also works with the Atrix and Electrify. I'm not a developer, just another member trying to help. I sent a PM to the developers of the unlock to see if they can help but no reply.

I hope this helps.

Unfortunately nope, it won't absolutely work.

Anyway, my bootloader bypass solution is almost ready and it will be deployed soon! :)

FWIW.... It appears as though he's still working on it. Patience is a virtue here :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THE GSM AND CDMA RAZR'S BOOTLOADERS HAVE BEEN BYPASSED BY KHOLK & [mbm]!
    See here for proof: http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/9231/imag0002b.jpg

Only one core is working, but it's still smooth as hell. Can't wait to see what devs do with it!
    Download, source, and screenshots are here!

Guys, not only by me.

I'm actually not working alone but with [mbm], and he's an awesome developer.

Thanks anyway ;)
    Guys, sorry for the delay!
    We've decided to make it to be perfectly working and tested on CDMA RAZR and release it for both the XT910 (GSM) and XT912 (CDMA).

However, about the second core we've got a damn bad problem: since the OMAP4 in our device is working in Secure mode, making it to work will require some time and we'll probably release kexec prior fixing that problem.

In this week we will receive the CDMA RAZR, so, most probably, some days after receiving it we will be able to also release kexec.

I don't wanna give any sure ETA, but it should be released by the end of the week.
    KHOLK AND MBM ARE DOING WORK THAT NOBODY ELSE WANTED TO/CAN DO.

Asking if it's bull****, calling him a fake, etc. etc. every two posts is not exactly something you should be spouting every two posts when someone is doing something as a favor to you. If you're skeptical then be skeptical, don't be like romdroid and post about it two times on every page. You're just annoying and you're probably giving kholk a headache. It's his choice to fill you in or to not fill you in. Wait patiently like everyone else. Be grateful that someone's stepping up to the plate. This is why most devs don't post on XDA anymore.