[Q] Screen resolution problem

Search This thread

Soreng

Feb 19, 2013
The first pic is from my tablet, the second one is from my friends.
Look at the point of the pen and the paper beneath. Maybe its not so visuable on the picture but its very obvious with the naked eye. Any idea of what might have happend with my tablet? Its like my resolution gone down to 800x600.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 798

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh
Look at the point of the pen and the paper beneath. Maybe its not so visuable on the picture but its very obvious with the naked eye. Any idea of what might have happend with my tablet? Its like my resolution gone down to 800x600.

Are you stock ROM, have you done any MODS to the unit or are you running any tweaking apps?

Soreng

Feb 19, 2013
i upgraded to JB 4.1.1 manually through odin except that nothing. And what do you mean with tweaking apps? Any example?

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh

What is the model number of this unit?

Have you ever changed the wallpaper?

Did you install any apps that could change the tablets resolution like DPI Changer, System Control pro or anything like these apps?

Have you tried factory reset?

Have you tried reloading the current ROM, switch to new ROM or re-flash the original factory ROM?

Soreng

Feb 19, 2013
Sv: [Q] Screen resolution problem

What is the model number of this unit?

Have you ever changed the wallpaper?

Did you install any apps that could change the tablets resolution like DPI Changer, System Control pro or anything like these apps?

Have you tried factory reset?

Have you tried reloading the current ROM, switch to new ROM or re-flash the original factory ROM?

Gt-n8010 (wifi)

I changed wallpaper yes. No change when i change it again still crappy resolution.

No apps like that, no.

Havent tried factory reset, not sure how to backup my material in a good way...

And no i havent reloaded the rom either, iam not very informed on how to do this. I will try factory reset and let yiu know how it goes

Sent from my GT-N8010 using xda app-developers app

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh
Change wallpaper again.....

This time do home and lock screens

then chose wallpapers folder not gallery

Then choose one of the factory wallpapers and hit set wallpaper

Then let us know how it looks.

Oh, one more thing... do a screen capture and then open it from your computer and see if it looks the same as your tablet screen

Last edited:

Soreng

Feb 19, 2013
Change wallpaper again.....

This time do home and lock screens

then chose wallpapers folder not gallery

Then choose one of the factory wallpapers and hit set wallpaper

Then let us know how it looks.

Oh, one more thing... do a screen capture and then open it from your computer and see if it looks the same as your tablet screen

Ive changed wallpapers, didnt work.

I did factory reset just now, didnt work same problem remains..

I did a screen capture though, and opened it on my computer, i think it does look a little bit better on the screenshot than on the tablet screen actually. Any idea?

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh
Ive changed wallpapers, didnt work.

I did factory reset just now, didnt work same problem remains..

I did a screen capture though, and opened it on my computer, i think it does look a little bit better on the screenshot than on the tablet screen actually. Any idea?

I think it maybe time to call Samsung customer support.