[Purchase Advice] Gaming phone with good batterylife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shawly

Jul 30, 2012
Hello,

I am currently using a HTC One X, it's a good phone but the batterylife sucks balls...
I got many problems with Roms and even with undervolting, no wakelocks and brightness level zero, I lose about 1-2% batterycharge per minute when I start for example Drastic, which is incredibly high!
Most of the time I only use Whatsapp, nothing more, yesterday I started at 7 AM with 100% battery and at 9 PM I had about 11% left and I didn't even play a game.

And I am sick of it's bugs.. with CM I get bugs all the time and with ARHD I have a higher drain and my screen unlocks when I double tap it anywhere and I don't know why, and because of this it unlocks my phone and somehow starts the camera app and then it's getting warm in my pocket until I recognize it. So I am sick of this piece of crap and I want a new phone.

I know the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has an amazing battery life, but it's just too big for my pocket and I actually don't want a phone bigger than 5 inches...

I thought about the Nexus 5 because AOKP and CM run so wonderful on it and there are so many developers for the Google Devices, so I have a plenty of choice what kernel I could use. A friend of mine has the N5 and his battery lasts about 2 days with the stock kernel and now modifications which I only could dream of.

Could you recommend which phone I could use instead of the Nexus 5?

Nokiacrazi

May 26, 2011
Manchester
Currently released or soon to arrive to market?

Honestly the Nexus 5 is a good choice mainly for the price.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

shawly

Jul 30, 2012
Currently released or soon to arrive to market?

Honestly the Nexus 5 is a good choice mainly for the price.

Hmm it actually doesn't really matter, because I'll have to wait anyway until april.
The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact will release this month, some people recommend it too.

If find the Nexus 5 is really appealing, it has all the features I want and so many custom roms and kernels and the price is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.