[Q] Nanodroid back up question.

Search This thread

tkienzle

Feb 9, 2008
Hello I've never really used it before can I back up just the apps with this and restore them after I flash a different rom?
Currently I'm on skydragon google play edition but want to try viperone and don't want to re-install all my apps again.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated..

guyd

Feb 12, 2011
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hello I've never really used it before can I back up just the apps with this and restore them after I flash a different rom?
Currently I'm on skydragon google play edition but want to try viperone and don't want to re-install all my apps again.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated..

That's not recommended using a nandriod backup to replace your data partition when switching to a different ROM. What you can do is use Titanium Backup to backup all your user apps with data, and then restore them after you've flashed a new ROM.

FYI, only backup and restore "User" apps with Titanium when switching ROM's.

Phoneguy589

May 1, 2011
S.E. Florida
+1 to what guyd said. I paid for the titanium backup app years ago and I use it every day. Don't really know what the free version doesn't have compared to the paid. I never restore system data though. Makes flashing roms and setting them up sooo much quicker.

tkienzle

Feb 9, 2008
Thank you very much will do and if there is a pro version I will buy got to support your developers!!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Free version does not allow message or favorites backup easily. It also doesn't allow cloud backup. Great app. Well worth buying the paid version.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
Free version does not allow message or favorites backup easily. It also doesn't allow cloud backup. Great app. Well worth buying the paid version.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

From what i've read, titanuim backup has had problems with restoring on the 4.4.2 platform. Has this been resolved yet? I never used it as I'm accustomed to ROM toolbox. I know that app works well.

Also not mentioned. Titanuim backup free doesn't allow you to batch restore which is a real biggie!

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
From what i've read, titanuim backup has had problems with restoring on the 4.4.2 platform. Has this been resolved yet? I never used it as I'm accustomed to ROM toolbox. I know that app works well.

Also not mentioned. Titanuim backup free doesn't allow you to batch restore which is a real biggie!

I only restore data, never the app itself and I have never had a problem. Never restore system.