[Q] XT926 Stuck on Bootloader/Eye

Search This thread

MaverickCoast

May 11, 2009
Illinois
That's what I hate about the M8. You can't pull the battery. I came from the the Galaxy 3 and I miss that! If all else failed, pull the battery! Love everything else about the M8, though!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
That's what I hate about the M8. You can't pull the battery. I came from the the Galaxy 3 and I miss that! If all else failed, pull the battery! Love everything else about the M8, though!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

battery pull would not have fixed this issue in my opinion.
i have seen it before and usually something is corrupt.

scoeas1982

Apr 28, 2014
hi i am having the same issue. I downloaded your script and tried on this phone and its still stuck at droid eye. Problem is this is not my phone and i dont know the history of it or whats the issue. I have tried multiple times with the rsd tool. I dont know what i am doing anyway lol but it always fails at 1/19. Any advice would be useful. I do mostly samsungs and i dont understand driods that well.

amirka28

Jul 9, 2015
hiii

hi ..im new in XDA..
my phone is XT926 and rooted.. i wanna upgrade it to android 4.4.2 or 5.0
in past 3days worked in this & tried Motopocalypse & motorola site for unlocking bootloader but i didnt reach any success!!!
is unlocking bootloader necessary to upgrade android? and is there another way to unlocking?
i will be thanksfull if some one help me:(:(:(:(

Spott07

Jun 14, 2015
Idaho
hi ..im new in XDA..
my phone is XT926 and rooted.. i wanna upgrade it to android 4.4.2 or 5.0
in past 3days worked in this & tried Motopocalypse & motorola site for unlocking bootloader but i didnt reach any success!!!
is unlocking bootloader necessary to upgrade android? and is there another way to unlocking?
i will be thanksfull if some one help me:(:(:(:(
You need to read the threads about rooting and unlocking your phone, not this one. Your question has been answered hundreds of times over, already.

Short answer: If you have the latest official update, you can't unlock the bootloader. You can get root, though. Without an unlocked bootloader, you can't install updated or custom ROM's. If you don't have the latest update, you can unlock everything, so be careful not to accept the OTA update if that's the case.

tualek

Jul 12, 2015
ok, im uploading the file, it will be about an hour.
its not guaranteed to work but i think it will. i removed the wiping commands so it should reflash everything stock but not touch the data partition, again not guaranteed but i removed the commands.
ill post back when its done.

bWen,

I'm having a similar problem that my RAZR HD gets stuck at the eye screen. My apps had been crashing, so I tried to do a reset, and now my phone stays in the eye boot up screen until the battery dies. I downloaded your files and replaced the windows utility, but I'm not sure of two things: 1. When I highlight the AP fastboot option, how do I "select" it. Just leave it highlighted? 2. Must I have the Motorola drivers installed before doing this process? Thank you.

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
bWen,

I'm having a similar problem that my RAZR HD gets stuck at the eye screen. My apps had been crashing, so I tried to do a reset, and now my phone stays in the eye boot up screen until the battery dies. I downloaded your files and replaced the windows utility, but I'm not sure of two things: 1. When I highlight the AP fastboot option, how do I "select" it. Just leave it highlighted? 2. Must I have the Motorola drivers installed before doing this process? Thank you.

i have had a couple phones since this one, so i may be a little rusty.
you generally push the power button to select items highlighted.
yes, you should have the drivers installed on your pc first. there is no harm in trying to do it without, if the needed drivers are missing, the process will simply not be able to continue as it cant see the phone.

tualek

Jul 12, 2015
i have had a couple phones since this one, so i may be a little rusty.
you generally push the power button to select items highlighted.
yes, you should have the drivers installed on your pc first. there is no harm in trying to do it without, if the needed drivers are missing, the process will simply not be able to continue as it cant see the phone.

Thanks bWen for your reply. My phone just isn't recognized when I USB it into the PC. I installed the driver, at least I've tried several times, but it won't work. I can get to the DOS looking boot screen, but then it just reboots back to the eye and gets stuck there. I don't really know what else to do. (I probably don't belong on this forum since I'm not technically smart, but I did my best.) I've purchased a new phone, which should arrive in about a week (moto x had a factory delay) so I'm phoneless for now. I hope the new one lasts me at least two years. Thanks again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, my phone is stuck on the Droid BL with the eye thing on it. I tried to post a picture, but since this is a new account it won't let me. The phone is completely stock, no CWM, no root, no ANYTHING. I know I can factory reset it to try and make it work again, but I need the pictures from it for the previous owner. Is there any way to recover anything, or will I have to wipe to stock to have it work again?

power + vol up and down
    then go to recovery
    then vol up and down and select factory reset
    She said that it just rebooted itself while she was on an app one day, and it was fine for a day, then it died and it wouldn't boot back up. She said she got it to boot ONCE (WHY THE **** DIDN'T SHE BACK IT UP THEN) and then she rebooted and it wouldn't start.

Yes I know how to do FB and I do have the moto drivers already.

ok, im uploading the file, it will be about an hour.
    its not guaranteed to work but i think it will. i removed the wiping commands so it should reflash everything stock but not touch the data partition, again not guaranteed but i removed the commands.
    ill post back when its done.
    So what am I doing, flashing a modified firmware?

no, its 100% stock. its just going to re-flash the key partitions and should not touch data which is a different partition. im hoping you just have a corrupt file that will be replaced by the re-flash.
    if this doesnt work, i have one more idea to use rsd, but i will have to give you another modified file.
    im optimistic the utility will work though and we wont have to try rsd.
    So what do I use to flash this firmware? Odin or something else?

no, its a 1 click utility. you just put the phone into ap fastboot, connect to your pc, then open the utility and follow the instructions. its very simple. i removed everything from the utility except the option you need.

ok mediafire is not playing nice today and restarted my upload.
    lets do this another way.
    download this file http://www.mediafire.com/view/vda0q55kocydsci/WindowsUtility.bat
    then download this one http://www.mediafire.com/download/ucae9ljgfpda2jc/DROID_RAZR_HD_Utility_1.34.rar

extract the second file to your desktop (its already in a folder), inside near the bottom is a "windows utility" file, delete it then copy the first file i posted in its place.
    next follow the instructions in my other post to flash then double click the windowsutility file to start the utility and follow the instructions.