[Rom]HellFire kindle Sandwich v1.3 4.04 (lock screen and themes)5132012

Search This thread

powerpoint45

Jan 31, 2012
Dallas
Hey hell,are you or anyone else ever gonna add theme support for kindle fire cm9?what's the deal on that?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using XDA

Pkt_Lnt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
CM9 added it already.

Kindle Fire w Hashcode ICS ROM + 3.0 kernel & Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1338270660409.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338270660409.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 254
Reactions: powerpoint45

PhishShticks

Jun 25, 2010
Lyndhurst, NJ
I followed your instructions to the "T". I flashed the cleaner and ROM via TWRP, fixed the permissions and rebooted the device.

You said it'll appear to be stuck since you ran out of boot animation, but it's been stuck at the same screen for quite a few minutes now.

What can I do???

EDIT: Got it! I did a factory reset and all is well!

Last edited:

outlaw2384

Jul 15, 2010
Need help accessing books

I'm loving the rom, I just have one question, how do I access my books that I bought for my Kindle? Otherwise so far no complaints about the rom.

TahrirSquare

Jan 22, 2012
I'm loving the rom, I just have one question, how do I access my books that I bought for my Kindle? Otherwise so far no complaints about the rom.

You have to go to sdcard/books and copy all files to sdcard/kindle. You should then see them when you start the kindle app.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

dragon9324

Feb 12, 2012
problems?

hey guys this rom looks really good and i would like to know more about it. My main question is that what are the cons of it? i am quite sure that many of you have already stated them in this thread but i am too lazy to go look for them all :p another thing is that since this is an ICS rom i have heard ppl say that gameCIH does not work with ICS rom. is this true and if so any way i can bypass it? this rom really looks awesome and i hope that i end up trying it and also come to love it. great job guys

Edit: oh and i forgot. will ALL gameloft games be compatiable with this? and all android market apps will show? no more your device is incompatiable?

Last edited:

powerpoint45

Jan 31, 2012
Dallas
hey guys this rom looks really good and i would like to know more about it. My main question is that what are the cons of it? i am quite sure that many of you have already stated them in this thread but i am too lazy to go look for them all :p another thing is that since this is an ICS rom i have heard ppl say that gameCIH does not work with ICS rom. is this true and if so any way i can bypass it? this rom really looks awesome and i hope that i end up trying it and also come to love it. great job guys

Edit: oh and i forgot. will ALL gameloft games be compatiable with this? and all android market apps will show? no more your device is incompatiable?

I'm not sure what CIH is but I can confirm that game loft games do not work but I think you can fix that by changing the build.prop device Id or something. I saw something on it before just look it up or search xda. This rom has many advantages and nearly no disadvantages. It is fast an all HW acceleration works obviously. it has a nice boot animation :) , it is nicely Theamed and it overall looks and performs great. One thing as of now is that their is no volume slider in the notifications bar but it comes with the on screen volume slider. I think hell will add a volume slider in the notifications in his next update. Not sure what else I can say about it. Its just a great rom and I recommend it.

Edit:
I just changed the ro.product.model to Samsung then cleared cache and then game loft games worked.

Last edited:

Stage

Dec 21, 2010
St. Louis
Ro.product.model? Can you tell me where this is located? Is it in settings? I've been dying to play asphalt 6.

powerpoint45

Jan 31, 2012
Dallas
Ro.product.model? Can you tell me where this is located? Is it in settings? I've been dying to play asphalt 6.

Go to system/build.prop then change

ro.product.model=Amazon Kindle Fire
To
ro.product.model=samsung

All lowercase if it matters.
Then go into recovery and clear cache.

Last edited:

powerpoint45

Jan 31, 2012
Dallas
Thank you!

Your welcome.did it work or did you not even try it yet?

Edit:after it downloaded the files the game kept crashing but then I uninstalled the game. Changed the build to Amazon Kindle Fire without clearing cache then reinstalled it then it worked.I'm not sure what fixed it but if you can't get it to work then try what I did.

Another edit: oh wow xda even made my post say sent from Samsung even though I'm on my fire.and I'm glad u got it working.

Sent from my samsung using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: Stage

Stage

Dec 21, 2010
St. Louis
Trying it now

Sent from my samsung using xda premium

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

works great! Thank you!

Stage

Dec 21, 2010
St. Louis
Never mind. Something isn't right. My XDA premium app is missing now. had to download the other one.

Sent from my Samsung using XDA

Last edited:

dragon9324

Feb 12, 2012
Trying it out

So, i think that this is a completely awesome ROM and thus i am going to try it out. But this is going to be the first rom i will have ever tried and so i need help. i am listing out step by step instructions as to what i should do. plz correct me if i am wrong or if i missed anything.

download cleaner and HellFire rom in SD card.

reboot into recovery and create a backup. and then clear cache dalvik cache and then do factory reset.

install and then flash cleaner.

reboot and go to recovery install and then flash HellFire rom.

reboot.

is that it? plz tell me if i am missing anything. thx for ur help

powerpoint45

Jan 31, 2012
Dallas
So, i think that this is a completely awesome ROM and thus i am going to try it out. But this is going to be the first rom i will have ever tried and so i need help. i am listing out step by step instructions as to what i should do. plz correct me if i am wrong or if i missed anything.

download cleaner and HellFire rom in SD card.

reboot into recovery and create a backup. and then clear cache dalvik cache and then do factory reset.

install and then flash cleaner.

reboot and go to recovery install and then flash HellFire rom.

reboot.

is that it? plz tell me if i am missing anything. thx for ur help

do not reboot after flashing cleaner.The cleaner totally deletes the system besides recovery and bootloader.Its not a good idea to risk rebooting while the system is gone.right after you flash the cleaner then flash hellfire.after you boot into the rom wait ten minutes before you do anything. "let the rom settle in".If you want to back up your apps then copy the data/app directory to the sdcard.then rename that folder to something else besides app

I love this thread :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: dragon9324

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
after you boot into the rom wait ten minutes before you do anything.let the rom settle in.
What does that even mean? From a computer standpoint there's not much logic to that statement. I saw it in the original HF cleaner thread also and wondered what the reasoning behind it was.

I'm not debating the ten minute rule, but I would like to know what's actually going on. Call me cynical but I don't buy the "the rom has to get comfortable in it's new surroundings" bit.

powerpoint45

Jan 31, 2012
Dallas
What does that even mean? From a computer standpoint there's not much logic to that statement. I saw it in the original HF cleaner thread also and wondered what the reasoning behind it was.

I'm not debating the ten minute rule, but I would like to know what's actually going on. Call me cynical but I don't buy the "the rom has to get comfortable in it's new surroundings" bit.

honestly I'm not sure. it seems kind of weired to me too. I just follow the directions. I asked something like u did before and people said that it was a general rule for any rom on any device. It was weired because i have never heard of that rule before i saw in the hellfire guide section(just like you).

here is what one person said in exact words:
"The 10 minute guideline applies for any device and any rom anywhere, I even do it on my Acer iconia. It may or may not be mentioned, but it's a good habit to get into."

Last edited:

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
Well, unless someone can provide a better explanation I'll continue to chalk it up as paranoid superstition. Kinda like wiping system and cache while performing a factory reset three times. It makes no difference.

Reactions: powerpoint45

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ringbanner.gif

Thank you:

Jblah - boot-animation he is amazing

JackpotClavin - for your source and tips

iHashcode - for your wonderful kernel

Cyanogenmod - for your wonderful source from witch i dev'ed

NRGZ28 - cause i borrowed some little titbits from your rom

Betatesters - creamypuffness, dw9906, jsantiago.antonio, DJLamontagneIII, Da-Pharoh ,thibor69

(if i forgot someone im sorry)​

Now That the Thank yous are out of the way lets get down to the goodies​

o0yys.png
    LYra5.png
    3wclV.png
    nrlSK.png

No need to flash Gapps already pre installed

Change Log​

Code:
    [CENTER][B]Ia6c05951	Render effects - port from CM7 Steve Kondik CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base

I05c1f515	Render effects - port from CM7 Steve Kondik	CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Settings

I67a5f904	CM Preferences Category nebkat	CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Trebuchet

Themes 

new lock screen 

loads of updates a must try [/B][/CENTER]

HellFire Kindle Sandwich V1.2

Change Log​

Code:
    [CENTER][B]kernel 3.0 from Hashcode

dynamic custom lock screen 

very clean and fast 

overclocked 

god i love bacon

removed supernote found it was cutting off some of the screen so used a new app

removed go launcher hd was causing a bug for me 

some other goodies 

gapps updated to 4/29/12

[/B][/CENTER]

Change Log​

Code:
    [B][CENTER]*updated with latest of cm9

*did alot of cleaning up and speeding up 

*updated all the the apps that come preinstalled in this rom

*new cleaning zip 

*lag should be alot less this time around [/CENTER][/B]

Change Log​

Code:
    [B][CENTER]*removed unnecessary keyboard 

*Hellpaper

*Boot animation (by jblah)

*updated Trebuchet

*removed useless live wallpaper

*profile quiet hours

*File manager 

*ics live wall paper

*Ganoptimizer 

*all apks are optimised and zipalined 

*zipalign on every boot 

*Ram optimized

*Profiles 

*cm music app themes(more themes to come )

*SuperSu (chainfire)

*Tweakhelp from (brainmaster)

*Titanium backup  (o yes we did)

*single Flash (unlick the others we fixed this bug)

*made fixes for a cleaner Flash

*new lock screen (OMG we did it again )[/CENTER][/B]

installation instructions​

flash the cleaner (download it hear)

install rom

fix permissions enjoy

Note ran out of boot animation he he so it will seem like it is stuck but it is not
    Thanks for all the help i will try it this afternoon when i get home :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Hello - sorry I am late to the "help you fix your Fire" party. First I would try what "Soupmagnet" told you to do and get back to us. FireKit is awesome.

What can it do

Fix power on problems: If the Fire's screen never seems to turn on, you may have wrecked the bootloaders or the partitioning. Fortunately most of the time this results in the CPU falling into the low level USB boot mode. Use the "usb_fix_parts_and_install_fff_twrp" to rebuild the flash enough to boot TWRP. You don't need to use the USB shorting trick for this one, just power up the Kindle after running the script.

Let us know exactly what it does when it tries to start again ( any light in the black screen at all ? or the power button ) ( do you have twrp or cwm )

I do not think you Fire is a full brick ( unless something fried internally) but I have never heard of that. Sounds like a phuqed partition issue maybe (boot) .... Kindle's are almost un brickable ( 98% ).

If you still have issues, let us know. I do have a Factory USB cable that takes you straight into fastboot mode that might help ... it has un bricked many fire's in the past, but I have never heard of anything like what you are experiencing.... I see your in the USA I would lend you the cable if needed, (or) you can buy one for $15 from a guy here on xda ( ill tell you his name if you want )

Either way, hang in there. DONT throw your fire away. Keep us updated. We will help as much as possible.

Cheers
    THiBOR
    Happy Easter

reserved for later