[App][Mod]Google Wallet Installer

Search This thread

telveer

Dec 10, 2008
Abort, clear data on wallet and re-open to try again. This happens sometimes. Once your all set up remember to restore your build.prop through the wallet installer app to finish off the process.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for the tip. I aborted the process but the phone rebooted a few seconds after the abort. After reboot, there still was no Wallet. I ran the installer again and this time, it ran for a few seconds and rebooted the phone by itself (no abort). And Google Wallet was installed this time. I set up my Google Wallet and used the app to restore build.prop. The phone rebooted again but build.prop does not appear to have been restored because product.model is Galaxy Nexus. I don't see a backup copy of build.prop. I am not sure if this is the only mismatch because build.product is d2vzw, which is correct.

WettbackMartyr

Nov 18, 2012
Chicago
Thanks for the tip. I aborted the process but the phone rebooted a few seconds after the abort. After reboot, there still was no Wallet. I ran the installer again and this time, it ran for a few seconds and rebooted the phone by itself (no abort). And Google Wallet was installed this time. I set up my Google Wallet and used the app to restore build.prop. The phone rebooted again but build.prop does not appear to have been restored because product.model is Galaxy Nexus. I don't see a backup copy of build.prop. I am not sure if this is the only mismatch because build.product is d2vzw, which is correct.

Weird weird weird...never had that happen before. You should be able to edit your build.prop manually from this point tho if you haven't already. Here are your lines to change and their values

ro.product.model=SCH-I535
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=d2vzw
ro.product.device=d2vzw

Do that reboot and you should be good as new.

Reactions: telveer

telveer

Dec 10, 2008
Weird weird weird...never had that happen before. You should be able to edit your build.prop manually from this point tho if you haven't already. Here are your lines to change and their values

ro.product.model=SCH-I535
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=d2vzw
ro.product.device=d2vzw

Do that reboot and you should be good as new.

Thanks! Unfortunately, I tried to restore build.prop again using the wallet installer. This time the phone rebooted and got stuck with a blue glowing led. I took a full backup before trying this whole thing and am restoring from the backup and will try again. BTW, this is the second time that it happened to me :(

All I am doing is installing the latest stock ROM available at this location http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2301814 and then using Wallet Installer.

WettbackMartyr

Nov 18, 2012
Chicago
Thanks! Unfortunately, I tried to restore build.prop again using the wallet installer. This time the phone rebooted and got stuck with a blue glowing led. I took a full backup before trying this whole thing and am restoring from the backup and will try again. BTW, this is the second time that it happened to me :(

All I am doing is installing the latest stock ROM available at this location http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2301814 and then using Wallet Installer.

There is some weird stuff going on with the latest OTA md3 updated ROM you pointed to. That may have something to do with why it isn't working for you. Maybe post you're issue over there as well? Just my 2cents. Be sure you're checking Touchwiz and VZW in the installer (just to be sure, you don't sound noobish) I'd say give it one more go then if not wait until the OP updates wallet on the server side.

Anyone else have any input here???

OP????

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
There is some weird stuff going on with the latest OTA md3 updated ROM you pointed to. That may have something to do with why it isn't working for you. Maybe post you're issue over there as well? Just my 2cents. Be sure you're checking Touchwiz and VZW in the installer (just to be sure, you don't sound noobish) I'd say give it one more go then if not wait until the OP updates wallet on the server side.

Anyone else have any input here???

OP????

Hey! I'm planning on releasing a new build this coming week. Hopefully it will fix some problems, but as far as unstable ROMs go, I can't control that. As of the moment, I am having my own fair share of problems with some unstable ROMs.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

tdawg0213

Aug 25, 2011
Houston
Set up and install went perfect. Added what I wanted with no issues. Only issue I'm having is the annoying device is not compatible on the top of the app when open. Any suggestions.

BTW, I have yet to use it so I can't say much on that end.

Mikecolorama

Sep 30, 2010
Valinda, CA
i just flashed a new ROM and in the middle of the process, i remembered that i forgot to go through the process of clearing Wallet. did i just screw up the secure element in the phone? what are my options?

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
i just flashed a new ROM and in the middle of the process, i remembered that i forgot to go through the process of clearing Wallet. did i just screw up the secure element in the phone? what are my options?

More than likely, you're fine. There's the off chance that you may have caused some trouble, but it seems like most people who accidentally screw up on occasion, myself included, are usually fine.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

uberbdon

Oct 6, 2010
Phoenix
Iirc we shouldn't update wallet through the play store, correct?
Edit: scrolled back a couple pages.the answer is no.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Wallet Installer for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3.

Requires ROOT, an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, and BUSYBOX!(A deodexed ROM is just recommended)

My newest project, RemoteFlash, was just released! Take a look and give it a try!

Wallet Installer Is Now Available For Free To All Supported Carrier Models On XDA! (Donations Appreciated)

My application, "Wallet Installer", will install Google Wallet on almost any US based Samsung Galaxy S3. It simply edits your build.prop and then places the correct modifications into your system. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which is pretty quick. Just select the appropriate Rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz, and then your carrier: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or US Cellular. I also added a restore option for your build.prop, so you can restore it after you setup Google Wallet. Hopefully this helps you out and makes the process easier!

Wallet Installer has been updated on the server side. The credit goes to Paul Obrien for the new version! To install it, simply reset Google Wallet, delete it, and then rerun Wallet Installer! Make sure to also have BusyBox installed/updated!

Please donate if my work helps you : )

V3: No Recovery/More Stable

And as always: I take no responsibility for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.​
    No time table just want to know if not when my friend... Lol...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

There will be an update to wallet on my end. I still need to figure out how I want to solve the patching problem though. I have a new method, but until I'm positive it works you'll have to wait for me or someone else to release a patched version. If all goes well though in the future you won't need to come here to know of compatible updates, Wallet will be tricked in real time. I'm not quite there yet though!

Hey guys! Sorry for not being around lately, but I wanted to give you a heads up that I hope to update on the server side this weekend. Thanks for your patience!

Confirmed working nfc tap payments100% New wallet version on as aosp.
    -Uninstall any version of wallet currently installed
    -run washer installer app
    -after reboot set up wallet completely
    -update wallet from the playstore
    -open wallet to confirm tap+pay
    -close wallet
    -restore build.prop using wallet installer

Been testing at several locations, all working correctly. Super easy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    The other patch I've seen involves xposed framework and looks cumbersome for those of us who are flashing ROMs a lot and therefore resetting and reinstalling wallet regularly. Hope whatever you devise is a little smoother ;)

I plan on keeping the installation process very easy as it has been! As far as my plans go, you shouldn't notice any big differences. There will more than likely be a new installer though when I make a full swap to the new method I've been considering.