[Release] JOdin3 CASUAL Cross Platform and Web-Based Flashing For Samsung Phones

Search This thread

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
For anyone else not to waste time. TL;DR;

Here's the download
You think givin a thx click for mirroring is wasting time????

You could at least link to my mirror post instead of a direct link!

Posts like this will prevent uploading or helping the next time. It is not ok to act like this so don't cry next time when you need help or to download something and no one will do so. The reason is posts like yours. Direct download links without giving a thx is just bad behavior.

Instead you should link this:
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2598203&p=69021732

So please remove your direct link!

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: braggralph

seiskaseiska

May 3, 2011
Got a pit with Heimdall and trying to get TWRP to my tabler, but Jodin has some problems:

[VERBOSE]Added PDA to list [/Users/jyrki/Downloads/twrp-3.1.1-0-gtanotexllte.img.tar]
decompressing file:/private/var/folders/k8/czx0x9kj7cj992n0hg7nzf680000gn/T/CASUALjyrki-2017-05-30-23.30.20/recovery.img
Exception in thread "Thread-722" java.lang.NullPointerException
at CASUAL.communicationstools.heimdall.odin.Odin.getHeimdallFileParametersFromOdinFile(Odin.java:66)
at com.casual_dev.jodin.JOdinController.getHeimdallCommandFromOdinPackageList(JOdinController.java:621)
at com.casual_dev.jodin.JOdinController.access$3300(JOdinController.java:54)
at com.casual_dev.jodin.JOdinController$13.run(JOdinController.java:572)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Any ideas?

xdsgn

Jun 1, 2017
Hello, why some ROMs just not working, they dont do anything when i press start...

i make the recovery with stock and it went fine, with Semphore recovery either, but i try like the JW4 stock and press start, and nothing happens, the box at the top corner say its RUNNING but it is just hanging

can someone still help in this thread ?

fennucci

Mar 21, 2016
So for the pit file, if I just have one is that good? Or do I need to make a new one each time I do new flashing?

baltics

Feb 18, 2014

oniyogini

Jul 20, 2017
Using Jodin it is necessary to obtain a PIT file. The easy and best way is having connected the device to the Macbook, open Jodin3 and Heimdall. Jodin3 will show the device. Then switch to Heimdall, select the Utilities tab, select a destination for the PIT, I use desk top. Name it [device] pit. Hit download and within a minute Heimdall should confirm the download which will then appear on the desktop.

Note this PIT download is from the device, not the web. Downloading a PIT file from the web is not advised.

Back to Jodin select PIT and search for the downloaded PIT. Select PDA and find the tar file to be flashed.

Care now needs to be taken to ensure that the repartition box is not ticked. The purpose of adding the PIT file to Jodin is merely to guide Jodin as to the correct destination on the device of the file to be flashed, not to change the device partitions.

Followed this to the letter but green robot with progress bar appeared after Heimdall found PIT file, JOdin says running, pressed Start but no action in the message box.
Did I miss something or is the firmware file still too big to flash?

oniyogini

Jul 20, 2017
what is the handshake?
I installed wakelock and it is keeping my note 4 running smoothly so will forget about flshing anything but a smile these days.
Thanks.

forgetmyname

Oct 18, 2010
Amazon Fire TV

Is there a trick in MacOs to allow the executable to run in general? I can OpenAnyway if I go into System Pref., Privacy & Security, but it's only for this app and once. New Sierra features to annoy people.

“JOdin3CASUAL” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the App Store and identified developers.
Safari downloaded this file today at 11:46 from xdaforums.com.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Is there a trick in MacOs to allow the executable to run in general? I can OpenAnyway if I go into System Pref., Privacy & Security, but it's only for this app and once. New Sierra features to annoy people.

“JOdin3CASUAL” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the App Store and identified developers.
Safari downloaded this file today at 11:46 from xdaforums.com.

Problem solved:
# spctl --master-disable

Although the app just launched a Terminal and did nothing. Time to read the file to see what this really did....

$ ./JOdin3CASUAL
-bash: ./JOdin3CASUAL: cannot execute binary file
$

Not much.

Has anybody got a link to some README file or similar? The main web site I cannot find except the link above to the download.

This youtube video does not tell me how to run the app. He started it before hand and from a web site.
https://youtu.be/HIHIJRVUHXM

$ java JOdin3CASUAL.jar
No Java runtime present, requesting install.

Looks like we need the Java JDK, at which point I stop because it's 389MB to download from Oracle and I don't have that data usage spare. Shall wait until I visit a cafe and use their free wifi.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble with downloading PIT file from my device. Everytime creating the PIT file, it'd be corrupted. I'm using:

Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64bit, the system set to allow installation from anywhere.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime (SM-G532G)
Heimdall-1.4.1-Unofficial-Signed.dmg from github
JOdin3 CASUAL
Java 8 Update 151 (64bit)

When using KOdin3 directly to download PIT (rebooted the device in download mode), it failed and returned this:
Code:
<ID:0/008> Added!!Device Connected
Device Removed
Device Removed
Device Removed
/var/folders/4d/44hhln7n4sdcy_j81dkcm1_c0000gp/T/CASUALbhe-2017-11-20-18.50.10/ElevateScript.sh: line 2: export: `download-pit': not a valid identifier
/var/folders/4d/44hhln7n4sdcy_j81dkcm1_c0000gp/T/CASUALbhe-2017-11-20-18.50.10/ElevateScript.sh: line 2: export: `--output': not a valid identifier
/var/folders/4d/44hhln7n4sdcy_j81dkcm1_c0000gp/T/CASUALbhe-2017-11-20-18.50.10/ElevateScript.sh: line 2: export: `/var/folders/4d/44hhln7n4sdcy_j81dkcm1_c0000gp/T/CASUALbhe-2017-11-20-18.50.10/part.pit': not a valid identifier
Usage: heimdall <action> <action arguments>Action: close-pc-screenArguments: [--verbose] [--no-reboot] [--resume] [--stdout-errors]           [--usb-log-level <none/error/warning/debug>]Description: Attempts to get rid off the "connect phone to PC" screen.Note: --no-reboot causes the device to remain in download mode after the action      is completed. If you wish to perform another action whilst remaining in      download mode, then the following action must specify the --resume flag.Action: detectArguments: [--verbose] [--stdout-errors]           [--usb-log-level <none/error/warning/debug>]Description: Indicates whether or not a download mode device can be detected.Action: download-pitArguments: --output <filename> [--verbose] [--no-reboot] [--stdout-errors]    [--usb-log-level <none/error/warning/debug>]Description: Downloads the connected device's PIT file to the specified    output file.Note: --no-reboot causes the device to remain in download mode after the action      is completed. If you wish to perform another action whilst remaining in      download mode, then the following action must specify the --resume flag.Action: flashArguments:    [--<partition name> <filename> ...]    [--<partition identifier> <filename> ...]    [--pit <filename>] [--verbose] [--no-reboot] [--resume] [--stdout-errors]    [--usb-log-level <none/error/warning/debug>]  or:    --repartition --pit <filename> [--<partition name> <filename> ...]    [--<partition identifier> <filename> ...] [--verbose] [--no-reboot]    [--resume] [--stdout-errors] [--usb-log-level <none/error/warning/debug>]Description: Flashes one or more firmware files to your phone. Partition names    (or identifiers) can be obtained by executing the print-pit action.Note: --no-reboot causes the device to remain in download mode after the action      is completed. If you wish to perform another action whilst remaining in      download mode, then the following action must specify the --resume flag.WARNING: If you're repartitioning it's strongly recommended you specify        all files at your disposal.Action: helpDescription: Displays this dialogue.Action: infoDescription: Displays information about Heimdall.Action: print-pitArguments: [--file <filename>] [--verbose] [--no-reboot] [--stdout-errors]    [--usb-log-level <none/error/warning/debug>]Description: Prints the contents of a PIT file in a human readable format. If    a filename is not provided then Heimdall retrieves the PIT file from the     connected device.Note: --no-reboot causes the device to remain in download mode after the action      is completed. If you wish to perform another action whilst remaining in      download mode, then the following action must specify the --resume flag.Action: versionDescription: Displays the version number of this binary.

From the log file:
Code:
[VERBOSE]Heimdall Device detected!
[VERBOSE]Done with message object
[ERROR]Heimdall Failure Detected
[ERROR]Setting up interface failure
[DEBUG]Executing ELEVATED Heimdall Command:  "/usr/local/bin/heimdall" "download-pit" "--output" "/var/folders/4d/44hhln7n4sdcy_j81dkcm1_c0000gp/T/CASUALbhe-2017-11-20-18.50.10/part.pit" 
[DEBUG]Write Finished
[VERBOSE]/var/folders/4d/44hhln7n4sdcy_j81dkcm1_c0000gp/T/CASUALbhe-2017-11-20-18.50.10/ElevateScript.sh
[DEBUG]Setting executable /var/folders/4d/44hhln7n4sdcy_j81dkcm1_c0000gp/T/CASUALbhe-2017-11-20-18.50.10/ElevateScript.sh. Result=true
[DEBUG]###executing real-time command: /var/folders/4d/44hhln7n4sdcy_j81dkcm1_c0000gp/T/CASUALbhe-2017-11-20-18.50.10/ElevateScript.sh###
[VERBOSE]Did not find pit
[INTERACTION][SHOWERROR] Title:Could not obtain pit.
Message:We could not obtain the pit file. We tried, but it didn't work. 
press: Empty

When using Heimdall frontend it returned this error:
Code:
Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
Claiming interface...
Setting up interface...
ERROR: Setting up interface failed!
Releasing device interface...
Any idea?

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

cant get heimdall to install .. incompatibility issue ? (mac os x sierra 10.12.6)

Try downloading it from github: https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/Heimdall/issues/291

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bumpy bump

I'm looking for the same installs and the links are not working for me either.

Hello,

Links for JOdin3 are not working, why?

Thanks

Hi guys, the links above are not working & I'm having a very hard time finding Jdoin3 for MAC OS X Can someone help me?

I have re-upped my latest version I had for JOdin3 here

http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=20803
    As the above link sometimes seems to stop working (XDA wassup??) here a mirror: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673956719939825345

EDIT:
    20 downloads in 1 day. 0% clicked thanks. Can't believe that at least coming back to click on thanks is too much for you. I really understand why so many ppl decide to NOT help others if this one click is too much for you.
    Ok I don't care. suck as much and often as you like but don't cry again if some day no one will be here to answer or help.

EDIT2:
    Thanks for all those given a proper thanks click in the meantime!
    Yea time goes by and JOdin is included since a long while even in FWUL ( https://bit.do/FWULatXDA ). Check it out ;)

EDIT3:
    AFH mirror added (see above)

JOdin3 Web Browser Based and Offline flashing tool
    This is the official support page for JOdin3, a CASUAL-X project. JOdin3 allows you to flash Odin files on Linux, Mac and Windows. It is powered by CASUAL and @Benjamin Dobell 's Heimdall tool. Using the power of CASUALcore, LibPit and Heimdall, it enables flashing of Odin files in the same manner you'd expect from the offical Samsung Odin tool.

Read more: http://casual-dev.com/2014/01/04/jodin3-web-browser-or-offline-flashing-tool/
    Download:http://goo.im/devs/AdamOutler/JOdin3

Never download from anywhere except the link above. I won't have the CASUAL name tarnished with malware. Also, verify that your download has the proper signatures with the "jar-signer -verify" command.

Easy flashing
    We expect this to be relatively trouble-free. However, there are some stumbling blocks. First, JOdin3 requires a PIT file, which can be automatically obtained, but it requires a device reboot. Jodin3 will walk you through this process. On windows, drivers should be auto-installed. On Mac, Heimdall will be auto-installed. On debian-based Linux, Heimdall will be automatically installed and you will receive in-app instructions on all platforms.

With that said, 99.9999% of problems should be solvable with the simple troubleshooting guide below

Troubleshooting Guide
    Mac: Visit the Heimdall Website and install the packages for your distribution, then reboot: http://glassechidna.com.au/heimdall/
    Linux: Visit the Heimdall Website and install the packages for your distribution: http://glassechidna.com.au/heimdall/
    Windows: Put your device into Download mode, install this driver and reboot. http://android-casual.googlecode.co...ALcore/src/CASUAL/resources/heimdall/CADI.exe

media

F14SylYRgwRIZxRf1c8--99wzymycpzeYY36oFiZfF9z=w900-h864-no

modal1.png

Special instructions for Mac:

About
    This is a CASUAL-X project. CASUAL-X projects are based on or around CASUAL but not part of the main stream. This CASUAL-X project will be updated alongside of CASUALcore and will be available as long as our servers can handle the load. You can read more about CASUAL at http://casual-dev.com

Credits
    @Benjamin Dobell for creating Heimdall
    @jrloper for streamlining processes and creating drivers
    @Loglud for providing the server space and many helpful utilities which enable this
    @Ralekdev for analyzing PIT files helping me to gain a better understanding of how they function
    Neither download links or web links are working..
    This is well known just read the last few posts...

if you like you can download the latest version here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69021732&postcount=353

As long as the developer Adam allows me to do so I will mirror the latest version I have

first of all HAPPY NEW YEAR TO @AdamOutler

i wanna ask that what is meant by web based flashing and then i wanna ask that what is the difference between this and simple odin

Its exactly what it sounds like. You go to a website and flash your phone. If you want, you can download the app and use it like that.

The difference: This works on Windows, Linux and Mac. This works from a website or a download. This will auto-install drivers on all platforms except Mac ( @Benjamin Dobell needs a Mac Developer ID signer). This is a self-contained single-file executable. This provides better errors and will troubleshoot and fix problems for you. This is a single file rather than multiple ones. This provides way more detailed logs rather than a simple failure like Odin. And its open source.

Its not all roses though.. This can only flash a single device per-start-button-press and not 8 like Odin. Heimdall also has a problem with extremely large files like Note III system images.
    Unfortunately, Jodin can not be downloaded for a very long time. I'm trying to download jodin3 but the official download link keeps timing out.

Why is that so? Why does the developer not offer the last version for download? Other developers, for example Chainfire, offer the latest version for download at XDA

I don't know why Adam is ignoring us but in the meanwhile you could download the latest file here (if you like);
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69021732&postcount=353