Hot to touch

Search This thread

S121Guy

Mar 30, 2011
Anyone else's getting hot to touch after bit of use? I took off my dot case after fifteen minutes of use and the back was almost too hot to touch. Even with the case off it never cooled down. I'll check my wife's phone to compare tonight.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

justin94

Oct 31, 2010
Definitely something wrong with the phone you have. This is by far the coolest running phone I've ever had. Doesn't get even remotely hot.

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Should not be doing that. Exchange it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app

This! I have the incipio dual pro case which is basically 2 cases in one and still doesn't get hot after 15+ minutes of straight dead trigger 2 gaming full graphics! While connected to 4g LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Can install GSam battery monitor for free. Nice to see battery info in the drop down notification screen and will tell you how hot the battery is. People can have different "opinions" on the definition of hot but this way will give you an actual number. Under heavy use my device gets to 97 degree F. Believe that is the highest i've seen it get so far. Will try and play some dead trigger 2 for a solid 15min or so and check battery temp, that will get it high if anything else would!

I can say though coming from an HTC One X+ with overclocked Tegra 3 chip, that phone got up to 120 degrees F, that is freaking hot! Not a bunk device, just made with poor design as the Tegra 3 chip was never made for mobile devices, especially overclocked. Got in over my head with that device!

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
My silver model gets toasty with moderate use. My brothers grey is always ice cold though.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

S121Guy

Mar 30, 2011
Well according to the battery monitor my phone was dropping voltage ridiculously high so I'm going to install a battery monitor and keep an eye on it and see if I can duplicate the problem I'm still not sure what it was but I do know that I was in an area that should have had 4G in the highest setting I got was 3G not sure if that causes an issue or not but it's something I'll keep an eye out

Frankie1588

Sep 26, 2011
I have the grey model and it definitely gets warm after some heavy use. I was slightly disappointed by this because I remember reviews said it would never get even remotely warm. Its about on par with how warm my M7 got. I definitely wouldn't say it gets too hot to the point where I couldn't keep it in my hand for an extended period of time though.

justin94

Oct 31, 2010
I know I said that mine stays cool. With heavy use like gaming while charging, it gets a little warm, however no where near the level the lumia icon got. I'd have to put that brick down every 10 min or so and let it cool because it got to hot to touch.

S121Guy

Mar 30, 2011
Just wanted to give an update. Google services was the culprit. disabled a few unneeded items and all is well. In fact i been using it all day on reddit and digg and 8 hours later I'm still over 80%. Loving this phone over my dna. But i can't wait till root to get rid of all the Verizon bloat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Should not be doing that. Exchange it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app