[ROM][32A-MT3G] T-Mobile MyTouch 3g Fender Edition Stock ROM with ROOT! [01-25-2010]

Search This thread

SteezyR

Jan 26, 2010
Sorry haha im a noob to rooting. Is there a thread i can look at to see the pros of rooting?

I was wondering this too.

I told you guys before... we are not going to get our Fender splash screens back because there is no way to backup the offcial rom completely. We have to downgrade in order to flash the recovery so that right there takes our splash off since the downgrade process overright the original rom.
:(

Im trying to get a pure dump, but even with that it still seems to show the HTC magic screen.

Sorry guys,but that little fender splash may be gone till someone makes one from scratch.

Sale7

Feb 4, 2010
Any new roms?
When ever I make a change to the system files after flashing this rom, the phone won't work. Any ideas?

setzer715

Jan 29, 2009
North Phoenix
I rooted with the above directions and everything seems to work great accept I cannot download from the market. The market loads, I can search, select and Install but then it just says "Starting Download" and stays that way. It will not download anything. Anyone have any ideas?

M

movikun

Cursordroid : 2 things:

#1 /etc/ppp/ip-up-vpn has wrong permissions. It precludes vpn from working. chmod a+x did the job.

#2 Could you integrate Superuser.apk from cyanogen? It works sooooo much better and looks more elegant :)

Last edited:

ccriffman

Sep 5, 2009
Spokane, Wa
Just for the 32A Fender MyTouch 3g, which is not a standard 32A phone.
Hi- just thought I would tell you that crypysmoker (steve) and I gtalked while I rooted my fender this morning, and after loading your rom and the downgraded radio and engineering spl, everything is working. I wanted to make sure you knew, as in your post you of course informed us that you don't have a Fender to try it on. We also didn't run into the issue he had with changing from G to H, etc. And I used the goldcard method if anyone asks- Thanks Chris aka ccriffman

:D

thebluecoat

Aug 7, 2009
Has anyone found an original dump of the myTouch 3G Fender Edition?

I'm interested in selling it on ebay, but I don't think it will sell if the splash screen is different/rooted, etc.

haitiankid4lyf

May 25, 2008
anyone mind uploading a system.img of this rom, im trying to deodex the htc music app and see if i can get it working on the g1 with out having to edit other frameworks