[Release] Chacha Stock Rom [Updated]

Search This thread

wdwray

Sep 9, 2008
Will this work with a US (AT&T) Cha Cha (AKA Status)? If there a fallback to the original ROM if needed?

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Link doesn't work. After signing into my Facebbook acct and attempting to post the message to my wall, I get this error message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method TransactSocially::error() in /home/transact/public_html/lib/class.lib.php on line 91

What's with this Transact Socially anyway?

wdwray

Sep 9, 2008
OK, I got the download to work, but the image won't install on my phone. Recovery says it can't find the system.img, cache.img, or data.img files. When I look at the extracted folder, it has system.yaffs2.img, data.yaffs2.img, and cache.yaffs2.img. This leads me to think my Recovery doesn't recognize .yaffs2 files and maybe I need a newer version of Recovery? Or is it something else?

Reactions: Vaiobuddy

NIK3SH

Apr 12, 2012
Hello All,
Link provided by OP is not working at all,
Can some one please provide any mirror or anything else ?

MrKaon

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
Mirror:

Code:
chacha_stockrom_v2.rar (116.1 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!LcZUDQoI!IrOK3Ah9G0btatWpEW5e_C1Hb0xPBeOZ4kZqE3ZkZco

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have noticed that the stock roms that are floating around are all filled with bloatware, you wont believe all the crap that is installed in the roms, specially what you cant see with the naked eye.

This is a stock rom with all the bloatware removed but I have kept 100% functionality.

This rom does not have the Dialer Bug.

Rom Info :

Android Version 2.3.5
    HTC Sense 2.1
    Software number : 1.57.707.2
    Kernel version : 2.6.35.10

Currently installed on the rom :

Accounts & sync
    Alarms
    Android Live Wallpapers
    App Sharing
    Archive Viewer
    Bluetooth Share
    Bluetooth Services
    Calculator
    Calendar
    Calendar Widget
    Camera
    Clock Widget
    Connect to PC
    Contacts
    Customization Setup
    Dialer
    Download Manager
    Facebook
    Facebook Chat
    Flashlite
    FM Radio
    FriendStream
    Gallery
    Gmail
    Google Services ( all of them )
    Google Search
    HomeScreen Tips
    HTC Hub
    HTC Likes
    HTC Widgets
    HTC Sense
    HTC Weather
    HTML Viewer
    Live Wallpaper Picker
    Location Picker
    Low Storage Wizard
    Email
    Mail Widget
    Maps
    Market
    Market feedback Agent
    Market Updater
    Playlists
    SMS/MMS Messenger
    Music Player
    Music Widget
    People ( contacts )
    People widget
    Voicemail/ Phone
    Photo Widget
    Profile Widget
    Quick Lookup
    Ringtone Widget
    Scribble
    Wallpaper/Settings
    Settings
    Settings widget
    Setup / setup Wizard
    Sim Toolkit
    Skin Picker
    Sound Set
    Status bar
    Streaming media player
    Street View
    Talk
    Transfer
    Voice Dialer
    Voice Recorder
    Voice Search
    Weather
    Weather Widget
    Wifi-hotspot
    Youtube

Free Space after initial install : 120MB

UPDATED V2 :
    • Removed further bloatware from the rom including
    • HTC Tell
    • HTC Report
    • HTC HUB
    • HTC likes
    • Friend stream
    • FM Radio
    • Home Screen Tips
    • Most of the facebook widgets ( Facebook button still has full functionality.
    • Photo Widgets
    • Profile Widget
    • I also removed the Default Flashlite plugin, it is useless as it doesnt work or do anything but waste space.
    • Rom download size has been reduced from 160mb to 116mb.

I have left the Clock and weather widgets, including the default HTC widgets.

Download CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD Stock Rom V2
    Filesize = +/- 116MB

Install ( Must have bootloader unlocked/Root/recovery installed !!! Click Here for Guide if you need to unlock/root ) Works with both S-on/S-off:

Install is Simple :

• Extract the folder "2012-05-10.22.47.02" to your SD Card->Clockworkmod->backup (keep the folder name and structure as is, dont change anything !)
    • Pull out your battery and reinsert it.
    • Boot phone into bootloader ( hold volume down and press power button ).
    • Choose "recovery"
    • Clear ALL cache ( Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Battery stats )
    • Select backup/restore, then select restore
    • Choose "2012-05-10.22.47.02"
    • Once restore is done, reboot phone ( choose "reboot now" )
    • Once Booted up Follow the Prompts
    • Once phone is setup and everything is working, Go to "Settings->applications->development" and tick "USB debugging".
    • under settings -> sound, check that these 3 items are un-ticked, "Quiet ring pickup", "Pocket mode", "Flip for speaker"

You are done :)

Some Hints and tips :
    • Switch off Auto Update in the market ( open market, press menu->settings untick "notifications" ) This will save ALOT of space in the long run.
    • Install DX Battery booster ( search it on the market) its free and good for battery managing.
    • Install App2SD ( search it on the market), it is free. this will allow you to move all installed apps to your SD card and freeing up internal memory.
    • Stay away from Live Wallpapers.
    • If your battery doesnt last long Order the 2430MA Battery on Ebay, i use it and it lasts much longer than the stock 1250MA that comes with the phone.
    • You can also set your screen brightness lower, this also saves on battery life.
    • If you dont need to have your sync on all the time switch it off and manual check mail and facebook updates.
    • for a file manager download Es F Explorer ( search it on the market) it is free, it lets you browse the files on your phone, on your lan via wifi and it has FTP functions, not to mention it has really nice icons and it displays all the file icons as well.
    • By far the best browser to use is Opera Mini ( search it on the market), with the compression technology they use it will maximize your bandwith usage.
    • Install Whatsapp ( search it on the market), its a free messenger which 95% of all your friends are guaranteed to have, you can chat to them for hours for free!

Screenshot :

HTC-ChaCha-User-Interface.jpg

If you don't have anything nice to say then rather don't post, my last thread was hijacked and completed destroyed by stupid remarks.
    The dialer bug is easily explained :

under settings -> sound :

• Quiet ring pickup
    • Pocket mode
    • Flip for speaker

if those 3 boxes are ticked your phone gets stuck in a dialer mode and eats battery. and the stock roms all 3 are ticked.

I simply disabled them by default, so unless you go and manually enable them you will be free of the dialer bug.

[Edit]

I see something i forgot to do. ill edit it on the rom in later release, but for now just go to "Settings->applications->development" and tick "USB debugging".

Make sure it is ticked !

It is part of the dialer bugfix.

ill edit the install instructions on first post as well.
    Hey man, trying out your rom. And wanted to inform you that by default those 3 are sticked.

Are you sure, when i install on my phone it is un ticked. i will check it again. however its not end of all things, I did edit first post instructions so user can just check that they are un ticked.
    Sorry but that is the only rom i found. you can use the English options available they will work fine. English (Singapore) will work without problems. its just language options, the differences between English of different countries are very minor, mostly not even noticeable.

unless you have a link to a better rom ?
    Please host this somewhere that is -reliable- and does -not- have pirated software and videos on it.

The main download is missing from this host.

Please upload it to somewhere like MediaFire.