[ROM-AOSP] Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2_r1 for the Kindle Fire 2 [02-12 4.2.2_r1]

Search This thread

agentfusion

Jun 27, 2009
Baltimore
wr3tch.com
OnePlus 9
Would this require a wipe when coming from pp45's sgt7 rom? I know he bases his on yours, but I'm not sure of the amount of changes.

Also, I'm thinking about making a miui port and using your rom as my starting point if that's okay by you.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using xda app-developers app

Hinzman420

Oct 28, 2010
Just wondering if anyone has had a problem with the backlight not shuting off when charging. If I shut the screen off after I plug the charger in the backlight stays on.

uvstr36

May 30, 2011
Thank you very much its been driving me nutty. I haven't been able to charge with USB because the backlight kept draining what charge it was getting.

I just let the screen shut of by its self and the back light goes off.
I haven't tried lowering the brightness though

snoopdujour

Oct 3, 2006
Wasn't going to do it, but did. Now I'm happy.

I was pretty happy with my rooted KF2. I got everything working properly, but the nagging pop-up about Google Play being an external market. I installed TWRP last night. (lucky)

Today, my KF2 received the 10.3.0 update. No-more Root.

so I D/L'd this ROM and flashed it with GAPPS.Wow, this is so nice now. Boot animation still needs work. Even installed a different boot animation. not much better.

Kindle app is different than real nexus 7. I use Calibre to load books, and have to 'share' periodicals with my USERID@amazon.com (this option is there after you install the kindle app)

Overall, this is an Excellent build for those of you who are still trying to decide.

Last edited:

timmymarsh

Senior Moderator - Emeritus
Mar 26, 2007
Just one More
Good job

Hey hashcode,

Cheers for the rom, twrp and rom flashed in 5 mins, sweet as a nut no issues (hardest thing was getting mtp drivers on my vm win 7 install lol).

Good job.:highfive:

Reactions: Hashcode

grahamc1965

Feb 21, 2008
Detroit
not yet , just rooted it and installed all the google play apks and installed widgetlocker and adw launcher . rooted using bin4ry method .

s10010001

Mar 31, 2009
Im thinking about loading this up on my daughters KF2. Think this would be a good idea?

I don't like my options for how the stock KF2 connects to a amazon account. I would prefer a simple android+google account. and just use Google Play

timmymarsh

Senior Moderator - Emeritus
Mar 26, 2007
Just one More
Im thinking about loading this up on my daughters KF2. Think this would be a good idea?

I don't like my options for how the stock KF2 connects to a amazon account. I would prefer a simple android+google account. and just use Google Play

If you want a stock no nonsense uncomplicated Rom then this is perfect for your needs, whether it gets future updates or not :)

sent from my hd2 powered by 2.3.5 (think jb is fast, try this :p)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    jb-kfire-trio-screenshot.png

AOSP JELLY BEAN 4.2.2_r1

*** READ CAREFULLY BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ***
    *** Kindle Fire 1st-gen ROMs/KERNELS are *NOT* compatible with the Kindle Fire 2. Please only flash ROMs/KERNELS that are made for the Kindle Fire 2. ***

This ROM represents exactly what is being pushed to Nexus 10/7 owners. Now you can join in the fun too!

WHAT'S NEW IN ANDROID 4.2
    See for yourself: http://www.android.com/whatsnew/
    (Note that we don't have a camera or NFC so some of these are obviously not going to work for us)

[2013/02/12] Download 4.2.2_r1 ROM here
    md5sum: fed5a3e6d4c66498d8c6412a13663617

PLUS YOU WILL NEED TO FLASH GAPPS AFTER
    Jelly Bean 4.2 Gapps here (CM10.1)
    (use top row CM10.1 link for 12/12)

WHAT WORKS
    (Basically, most items I tested work, except I couldn't get the new swype-style input going on the keyboard)
    • [02/12] AOSP 4.2.2_r1
    • [01/22] Updated with new 3.0.50 kernel including better battery life
    • [01/22] Newest PVR/Imgtec graphics binaries
    • [01/22] Update wifi firmware to R5.SP3.06
    • [12/18] Fixed battery deep sleep
    • [12/18] Added multi-user login fix mentioned by NotShorty found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2018146
    • Hardware Acceleration (hwcomposer)
    • HD Codecs (YouTube/Netflix)
    • Small amount of OTG (some devices w/ powered hub supported)
    • Sound, but no microphone

NOT WORKING
    • Bootanimation needs a display bugfix
    • Need to enable the swype-style 4.2 keyboard
    • I'll check out photo sync options
    • Looking into USB camera support (will probably be more useful when the 3.4 kernel is ready)

REQUIREMENTS
    1. Have 2nd-bootloader + custom recovery installed: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2100963
    2. OR Easy APK method by FMKilo: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2106463

INSTALLATION
    RECOMMEND FULL WIPE UNLESS UPDATING A 4.2 ROM Use Titanium Backup to restore apps.
    1. Download the ZIP
    2. Grab the GAPPS (12/12 from goo.im/gapps)
    3. Reboot into recovery
    4. Make your backup (You do make a backup right?)
    5. Wipe Data/Cache)
    6. Flash both the ROM and the gapps .zip files
    7. Reboot and Enjoy

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    • Q: Does this include the new 3.4 kernel? A: No, it's not ready yet.
    • Q: Where's the "Developer" settings menu? A: Go into Settings -> About tablet, and tap the "Build number" box about 7 times. That enables it.

BUILDING THIS ROM
    [ It's a rough build. Probably not going to update the public manifest ]

Enjoy
    I'm holding off on updates, as we should be seeing new source drop in the next month or 2.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    This should include the MAC address fix, but I can't confirm if its working correctly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Just wondering if anyone has had a problem with the backlight not shuting off when charging. If I shut the screen off after I plug the charger in the backlight stays on.

Lower your brightness setting.
    Here are the changes from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2

4.2.2 (11 February 2013)

- Fixed Bluetooth audio streaming bugs
    - Long-pressing the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings now toggles the on/off state
    - New download notifications, which now shows the percentage and an estimated time remaining for your app downloads while they are happening
    -New sounds for wireless charging and low battery.
    -Removed option to show all calls in the phone app's call list.
    -New Gallery app animation allows faster loading.
    -USB Debug whitelist
    -Bug fixes and performance enhancements

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2