4G Problems with D802 (3 UK)

Search This thread

kedaha

Dec 29, 2008
Had a Nexus5 that performed flawlessly on 4G, but wanted/needed the extra battery of the G2.

Bought an unlocked new D820 G2 from Ebay UK. Phone is great except for 4G.

Firstly, it defaults to GSM/WCDMA. I can change it to GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto, but every reboot will reset it to GSM/WCDMA only.

Secondly, when connected to 4G, any incoming call goes direct to voicemail.

Thirdly, when on 4G and making a call, it first drops to H/3G, then loses all mobile internet, and when the call starts to dial out, reconnects to H/3G (but never 4G). Afaik, the D802 G2 should support SVLTE?

I can get into the service menu, but when clicking LTE-Only I get "not supported".

Any ideas what the hell is going on?

The software version, baseband version and firmware version all check out as being UK/up to date - and the phone hasn't been rooted or tinkered with. The SIM is the same 4G SIM that worked fine on the N5

microlinkro

May 20, 2010
Any reply on this issue?

Had a Nexus5 that performed flawlessly on 4G, but wanted/needed the extra battery of the G2.

Bought an unlocked new D820 G2 from Ebay UK. Phone is great except for 4G.

Firstly, it defaults to GSM/WCDMA. I can change it to GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto, but every reboot will reset it to GSM/WCDMA only.

Secondly, when connected to 4G, any incoming call goes direct to voicemail.

Thirdly, when on 4G and making a call, it first drops to H/3G, then loses all mobile internet, and when the call starts to dial out, reconnects to H/3G (but never 4G). Afaik, the D802 G2 should support SVLTE?

I can get into the service menu, but when clicking LTE-Only I get "not supported".

Any ideas what the hell is going on?

The software version, baseband version and firmware version all check out as being UK/up to date - and the phone hasn't been rooted or tinkered with. The SIM is the same 4G SIM that worked fine on the N5

Hello,

I am encountering the same issue...:crying:...have you got any reply on this?

Thank you.