Post Your CyanogenMod 7.2 Nightly Questions HERE!!

Search This thread

A_fisa

Nov 17, 2011
Is it okay if i use Amonra recovery.to flash nightly 10
??

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

Last edited:

funkysonic

Nov 9, 2011
racconigi
The nightly are out every night. Who compile and upload the rom? Is it automatic the compilation? So when there is not changelog it means that the last nightly is the same of the one before?

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

TimeWalker75a

Apr 26, 2011
Digging new ICS animations SO MUCH :)

I'm not sure about this but, if I set the search button to act as a camera shutter button it works with still images, however it won't start the recording on camcorder. Is this supposed to be like that or its partially broken ?

nightly-8(9):
- alarm worked today while phone was on charger
- my mobile service provider has changed APN settings, I'm still able to access internet with mobile data (HSDPA w/ WCDMA preferred) but every time I open a page it says that my APN settings are wrong and I should receive an "APN settings message" soon. Apparently CM does not support this kind of service messages.
- no blackscreen bug when receiving calls or snoozing the alarm.
- default camera works well, even though I can't seem to attach pictures in default Twitter client most of the time. it shoots the picture, you confirm it with the "OK" button and it does nothing, no attachment to the tweet whatsoever. occasionally it attaches the picture though ...
- restart still seems broken for me! like seriously, what is the bloody deal about this? It works 2 out of 10 times. Recovery works 1 out of 10 times and approximately 3 to 5 times it will throw me in fast boot mode for reasons unknown... May this be related to the version of cwm? I'm on 5.0.2.7 if that helps...

nightly-10:
- everything mentioned above still applies

Reactions: Fuma

werewolfo

Nov 14, 2011
Desenzano
There are certain types of SIM card that contain extra data areas, usually to enable GSM banking etc. Unfortunately CyanogenMod 7 does not fully support this type of SIM card. This is why certain SIM cards work and others don't, usually provided by different operators, but also possible within the same operator if one SIM is older etc.

The only fix is to use the proprietary LG files. A patch can be created, but I've been a bit busy working on CyanogenMod 9 to test it, and I don't have one of these SIM cards...

I haven't tested this, but I think It will make data work:

• replace /system/bin/rild with this file (just click 'view raw' and check the permissions once it's flashed)
  • delete these two lines from /system/build.prop
    Code:
    ril.subscription.types=NV,RUIM
    ro.telephony.ril_class=lgeqcom

let me know if that fixes everything in the nightlies.

Thank you very much!!

I'll try this and let you know ASAP
I'll post this solution even into the italian forum for extended test with other users and report you if works. Would be a dream if finally i could switch to the new baseband and use all the functionalities it offers.

fratermus

Jan 6, 2008
  • replace /system/bin/rild with this file (just click 'view raw' and check the permissions once it's flashed)
  • delete these two lines from /system/build.prop
    Code:
    ril.subscription.types=NV,RUIM
    ro.telephony.ril_class=lgeqcom

let me know if that fixes everything in the nightlies.

I tried this on a fresh flash of nightly-08; no joy.

Notes in case I screwed up:

1. adb remount, edited build.prop.

2. Copied rild.txt into same dir with rild so I would have easy access to it later.
Couldn't replace rild while phone was running, so mounted /system from recovery and replaced it there. Verified perms before and after.

Code:
system/bin # ls -l ril*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     shell         5692 Aug  1  2008 rild
---xrwxr-x    1 root     root          5688 Jan 23 09:21 rild.txt
/system/bin # cat rild.txt > rild
/system/bin # ls -l ril*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     shell         5688 Jan 23 09:25 rild
---xrwxr-x    1 root     root          5688 Jan 23 09:21 rild.txt

3. Booted up and enabled mobile data: the data symbol flashed briefly in the notification bar then went away. No data.

Here's the pastebin from logcat -b radio if it helps. Mobile data had been enabled for several seconds by that time. Seems to be looping/repeating the same info at the end.

Last edited:

D_Viper

Dec 20, 2011
Chioggia (VE)
Huawei P9 Lite
OnePlus 5T
Hi... I'm trying cm7 nightly #10 and i've noticed a bug
camera flashes as if it couldn't set the right exposure ... Photo ok but video flashing
can confir bug?
It's a try to fix camera exposure problem?
Sorry for bad english buy i'm italian

Umang96

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 1, 2011
New Delhi
sensor wakelock

Hey, I'm facing a problem in both N2 and the nightlies, whenever I use camera and rotare the phone and then exit the app, then it leads to huge continous wakecock which is SENSOR WAKELOCK(checked in spare parts) any suggestions on how to solve this ?

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Hey, I'm facing a problem in both N2 and the nightlies, whenever I use camera and rotare the phone and then exit the app, then it leads to huge continous wakecock which is SENSOR WAKELOCK(checked in spare parts) any suggestions on how to solve this ?

Me2!! Maybe it gets fixed in ICS, time will tell

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

TimeWalker75a

Apr 26, 2011
Thats because for some reason camera app thinks its native orientation is landscape. the moment you open camera it jumps to landscape no matter what. you can see it by holding the phone in portrait and pressing the menu button - > menu appears on the left side of the screen. when you exit the camera app holding the phone in portrait you can see it rotates back to landscape and quits. this behavior can be seen exceptionally well with new nightly-10 because of ICS rotation animation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Добро пожаловать, друзья! Welcome, Friends! आपका स्वागत है, दोस्तों! Benvenuti, amici!
    Bem-vindos, amigos! Ласкаво просимо, друзі! Bine ati venit, prieteni! 欢迎 朋友们
    Vítejte, přátelé! chào đón, bạn bè! Willkommen, Freunde! Bienvenidos, amigos!

in7kew.jpg

The latest CyanogenMod Nightly can be downloaded here or via ROMManager.
    The new recovery in ROMManager (5.0.2.7) is not required, but is necessary to receive automatic updates.

Changelog
    [I'm not going to provide my own changelog as all updates to CM7.2 are minor bugfixes only...]

Other necessary files: Google Apps (Also available in ROMManager)

night·ly /ˈnaɪtli/
    adj.
    1. Of or pertaining to the night, or to every night; happening or done by night, or every night.
    2. A Fresh CyanogenMod ROM automatically built with the newest available code, usually compiled at night. Often contains many bugs.

This is the place to discuss the CyanogenMod nightlies. Feel free to talk about anything related to these ROMS, but to receive acknowledgement by a developer of any problems you find, the following conditions should be met:
    • Use the stock CyanogenMod kernel
    • Do not overclock
    • Use the default system apps (launcher etc.)
    • Do not use apps2sd or similar
    Before posting a problem you should:
    • Check the posts below for a solution / fix
    • Read the last 10 pages of this thread for a post with a similar problem
    • Backup, reflash with a full wipe, check if the bug is still there
    • Wait 24 hours for the next nightly, the devs probably already know about it
    If the problem still persists after the next nighlty appears and all the above steps have been followed, post your problem and we'll see if there is something we can do. Please include the following information:
    • Which Nightly you are running
    • Which Nightly the bug first appeared (if known)
    • *Confirm Stock Everything* (shows that you have read all the above)
    • Detailed steps to reproduce the bug (add a screenshot if it helps)

OLD BASEBAND?

If your phone uses the old baseband, you need to upgrade to the new baseband. This improves 3G signal and battery life. There are many guides on how to do this so just have a quick look around, or even watch a video on Youtube.

NO-APN PROBLEMS?

All APN problems related to 'funny SIMs' have been fixed, please thank werewolfo for generously donating an Italian funny SIM for me to test with!.
    Major improvements include:
    • New baseband support
    • Better 3G Reception
    • .35 kernel support (only)
    • Offline charging
    • Quicker GPS lock
    • Smoother Accelerometers
    • Better 3G signal
    • Better battery life
    • CyanogenMod Updates
    I noticed its difficult to get the pop-up menu when I hold the power button down.

Hold the power button down until you feel it vibrate twice.

I'm getting an error when trying to turn wi-fi on after flashing the testing kernel and the last nightly.

The test kernel is a kernel only, none of the other included files came with it. If you flashed another kernel it won't work.

With screen on animation there are white noise before animation and when receive a call, need some time before i can answer.

You shouldn't really be enabling screen on animation, it's always been buggy for msm7x27 chips which is why it's disabled by default. But if it works, static is a small price to pay for a phone that doesn't reboot on an incoming call...

PS here's a KANG that includes the fixed kernel and fixed camera...

http://www.mediafire.com/?p0di9g79ck80a0c
    Ok. As you know, init is the first process after kernel started. Init parse /init.rc and /init.[device_name].rc and execute early-init action in it. Ueventd is one of the very first services started by the default init.rc. It proceeds to read its main configuration files, /ueventd.rc and /ueventd.[device_name].rc, replays all kernel uevents (i.e. hotplug events), and then proceeds on to wait, listening for all future uevents. Kernel uevents are delivered to ueventd through a netlink socket, a common way for certain kernel functionality to communicate with user-space tools and daemons. [device_name] we get from "androidboot.hardware" kernel commad line - in our case it "thunderg" (look BoardConfig.mk). In early builds we got file /uevent.thunder.rc , after typo fix we have /uevent.thunderg.rc and have problem with /dev permissions - ril, sensor, gpu not work. Download latest nightly, flash, then apply patch in attachment - and manual network selection was work :fingers-crossed:
    Finally audio with headphones is fixed!

I spent ages looking for a way to enable the microphone with stereo output, then I realized I can just detect if we are in a call or not and swich to mono with working mic :rolleyes:

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14710/

EDIT: here is an unofficial build to play with

http://www.mediafire.com/?4b933wa09351rjv

changelog: 'stuff' is fixed ;)