Samsung Alarm clock app no longer reliable since 4.4.2 update

Search This thread

Techno79

Jun 23, 2008
I've started to get some reliability issues with the stock Samsung Alarm app since I moved to 4.4.2. My alarm setup is as follows:

Alarm 1: Mon to Fri weekly repeated, only when in Location A
Alarm 2: Mon to Fri weekly repeated, only when in Location B
Alarm 3: Sat weekly repeated
Alarm 4: Sun weekly repeated

The time I need to wake up Mon to Fri depends on whether I'm in Location A or B but there's no routine to which days I'll be in which locations. Therefore, Alarm 1 and 2 are set at different times.

While I was on 4.3, this worked flawlessly and never had a single issue. However, since moving to 4.4.2, Alarm 1 hasn't gone off twice when it was supposed to. The first time it happened, I put it down to me turning it off in a half sleepy state (quite unlikely as I'm a very light sleeper) but the second time it happened, I was fully awake with the phone in my hand and it never went off at all. However, Alarm 1 and 2 have both gone off correctly on at least 1 occasion so it does seem intermittent.

To help diagnose the issue, I've turned off the location aspect of the alarm and I'm manually managing the alarms but it's not ideal. I've yet to used the weekend alarms.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
Oh God, I feared this, I so badly feared this. God no. When I first saw that the lock-screen time and phone's actual time don't synchronize since the arrival of bloody KitKat that was the first thought came into my mind!! And now I am seeing this post.

Please tell me how can I go back to 4.3?