What rom or what do I get?

Search This thread

diegolopezjr

Apr 14, 2014
What rom or what do I get im stuck on the recovery philz touch 6 clockwork mod 6 i cant get into download more or anything. my last resource they told me to try the otg cable and try that. i have ordered it and i haven't received the cable yet but im not sure what rom to get or what can i do? I just want to be able to start my phone and use it. If that cable doesnt work then im out of luck because my phone doesnt show up on the list of devices on adb. Anyone know??

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011
I take it you wiped system and internal storage? So no ROM installed and no ROM package on the internal SD? Do you have adb installed and working? If so adb push /path/to/ROM/or/gapps.zip /sdcard/

That should move a ROM package to your phone so you can flash. Besides that just choose a ROM that matches closest to what you had before . . so matches your ota version/baseband.

Any this belongs in questions and answers and will likely get moved

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

intrloper

Jun 15, 2010
So I been playing around with different roms for the LG G2 and so far I will admit not to impressed.

Is there any good AOSP roms that dont have odd hackups like camera not working or BT being busted, etc.

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
What is your specific LG G2 model and firmware currently, VS98012B? VS98011A?, VS98010B?, VS98024A?

You can't go wrong with 24A based roms like Malladus 2.0.1 or XDABBEB 1.0 as everything works with XDABBEB having 4K camera and hacked hotspotting (you can install the 4K camera and hotspot hacked apk into Malladus as well afterwards).

AOSP/CM11 based on 24A have been spotty with JackpotClavin's CM11-24A being very good on 4/5/14 build except Pandora is broken. dr87 has Mahdi ROM 2.5 Beta built on 24A with broken vibration and camcorder (still in beta testing).

If you're still on JellyBean or VS98012B or younger firmware, then there is a bunch of ROMS for you to chose from (many KitKat AOSP/CM11/AOKP/PA/pacman/SlimKat/etc appearing ROMs based on JellyBean. There are also a bunch of ROMS based on JB stock like Malladus 1.2.9, CloudyFlex 1.4, AeonFlex 3.0.2, etc.

Don't forget to look at all the LG G2 (nonspecific to provider) Forums as they have a bunch of ROMS and KERNELS for LG G2 Verizon also.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

What rom or what do I get im stuck on the recovery philz touch 6 clockwork mod 6 i cant get into download more or anything. my last resource they told me to try the otg cable and try that. i have ordered it and i haven't received the cable yet but im not sure what rom to get or what can i do? I just want to be able to start my phone and use it. If that cable doesnt work then im out of luck because my phone doesnt show up on the list of devices on adb. Anyone know??

Sounds like you have the broken "download mode". You need to learn how to "sideload" via adb (google youtube adb sideload and you'll learn quick). You need to install the unified drivers for LG G2 on your Windoze PC, the original LG microUSB cable to do the deed. I'm not sure if Philz touch 6 has sideload capability but TWRP 2.7.0.0 does which is what I use and recommend. Once you know how to sideload then you have to flash XDABBEB's zip file to fix download mode (found in his 24A ROM thread, 1st post: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407586639 ). Good luck.

diegolopezjr

Apr 14, 2014
I take it you wiped system and internal storage? So no ROM installed and no ROM package on the internal SD? Do you have adb installed and working? If so adb push /path/to/ROM/or/gapps.zip /sdcard/

That should move a ROM package to your phone so you can flash. Besides that just choose a ROM that matches closest to what you had before . . so matches your ota version/baseband.

Any this belongs in questions and answers and will likely get moved

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

No what happened was it updated through ota and I had a custom recovery on it and when i saw it. it was just on the recovery screen i reboot and everything and it still goes there. Adb doesnt want to work well i don't get it because it has sideload apps through adb but they wont go on there I don't know what is wrong. and when i put adb devices into the command it doesnt show me any devices connected

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
No what happened was it updated through ota and I had a custom recovery on it and when i saw it. it was just on the recovery screen i reboot and everything and it still goes there. Adb doesnt want to work well i don't get it because it has sideload apps through adb but they wont go on there I don't know what is wrong. and when i put adb devices into the command it doesnt show me any devices connected

adb is very picky. You must have the correct Windows drivers (or different laptop with Windows 7) and original LG microUSB cable. See post above to fix broken download mode. Once that's fixed then you can go into download mode and KDZ Verizon 24A file to stock. Then you can IOROOT25 and use AutoRec to get recovery back on your 24A stock phone.

Last edited:

diegolopezjr

Apr 14, 2014
What is your specific LG G2 model and firmware currently, VS98012B? VS98011A?, VS98010B?, VS98024A?

You can't go wrong with 24A based roms like Malladus 2.0.1 or XDABBEB 1.0 as everything works with XDABBEB having 4K camera and hacked hotspotting (you can install the 4K camera and hotspot hacked apk into Malladus as well afterwards).

AOSP/CM11 based on 24A have been spotty with JackpotClavin's CM11-24A being very good on 4/5/14 build except Pandora is broken. dr87 has Mahdi ROM 2.5 Beta built on 24A with broken vibration and camcorder (still in beta testing).

If you're still on JellyBean or VS98012B or younger firmware, then there is a bunch of ROMS for you to chose from (many KitKat AOSP/CM11/AOKP/PA/pacman/SlimKat/etc appearing ROMs based on JellyBean. There are also a bunch of ROMS based on JB stock like Malladus 1.2.9, CloudyFlex 1.4, AeonFlex 3.0.2, etc.

Don't forget to look at all the LG G2 (nonspecific to provider) Forums as they have a bunch of ROMS and KERNELS for LG G2 Verizon also.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Sounds like you have the broken "download mode". You need to learn how to "sideload" via adb (google youtube adb sideload and you'll learn quick). You need to install the unified drivers for LG G2 on your Windoze PC, the original LG microUSB cable to do the deed. I'm not sure if Philz touch 6 has sideload capability but TWRP 2.7.0.0 does which is what I use and recommend. Once you know how to sideload then you have to flash XDABBEB's zip file to fix download mode (found in his 24A ROM thread, 1st post: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407586639 ). Good luck.
Its a lg g2 vs98012b 4.2.2

diegolopezjr

Apr 14, 2014
adb is very picky. You must have the correct Windows drivers (or different laptop with Windows 7) and original LG microUSB cable. See post above to fix broken download mode. Once that's fixed then you can go into download mode and KDZ Verizon 24A file to stock. Then you can IOROOT25 and use AutoRec to get recovery back on your 24A stock phone.

how do i correct them? i redownloaded the lg mobile drivers and installed it but what other drivers?

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Last edited:

SimsDelt

Aug 31, 2010
No offense... But can someone move this to Q&A please. This is not development related.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

SimsDelt

Aug 31, 2010
Actually, he crashed his phone by doing stuff we recommended here in DEVELOPMENT thread and we should try to help him fix his phone.

I understand that. But this is for development purposes. Would just keep our forum cleaner if we posted stuff in the right place. Not mad at the OP. Just needs to be in a different section so it might get more attention.

diegolopezjr

Apr 14, 2014

SimsDelt

Aug 31, 2010
^^^^ What he said. Also can't he enter ADB in CWM or is that just a TWRP thing?

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011

Top Liked Posts