Horrible battery life on S3

Search This thread

sammy29

Aug 18, 2014
Hello guys i have been facing absolutely horrible battery life on my s3 i9300 for the past 3 months or so....im currently running archidroid 2 which has absolutely amazing battery life as compared to the other roms that i have used and by that i mean almost all the popular roms that have been made for the s3 i9300 i have changed chargers....i just got a new battery about an hour ago and thats also not helping me at all i lose 2 percent in every 5 mins while doing light tasks like writing this thread and 2 percent in every 3 mins while playing games like clash of clans /fifa 14 ....one of my friends who has an s3 has abolutely amazing battery life he says he loses just 5 percent in one hour of fifa 14 i have disabled sync put my phone on 2g brightness on auto greenified almost all apps...pls help :'(

luq529

May 12, 2012
Świętochłowice
Yeah, those friends xD. On s3 you can play for about 3-4 hours depending on game. You must take care of screen on time. Look at it on yours friend phone :) Thats the real time of using your smartphone. Max screen on time that i had was about 5.5h but I was only reading a book. And the 3g browsing eats your battery like a boss :D I discharged my phone in 2h so thats normal.
Peace :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

bornlivedie

Aug 29, 2012
Buenos Aires
Hello guys i have been facing absolutely horrible battery life on my s3 i9300 for the past 3 months or so....im currently running archidroid 2 which has absolutely amazing battery life as compared to the other roms that i have used and by that i mean almost all the popular roms that have been made for the s3 i9300 i have changed chargers....i just got a new battery about an hour ago and thats also not helping me at all i lose 2 percent in every 5 mins while doing light tasks like writing this thread and 2 percent in every 3 mins while playing games like clash of clans /fifa 14 ....one of my friends who has an s3 has abolutely amazing battery life he says he loses just 5 percent in one hour of fifa 14 i have disabled sync put my phone on 2g brightness on auto greenified almost all apps...pls help :'(

Use BetterBatteryStats to have full control over it. Also, I don't know what apps you have running, but try to use Greenify.

You're running a custom rom, so the culprit can be the kernel too. Use an untouched stock kernel if you want or heavily tweak the custom one you're using.

We can't tell you more than this, because we don't know what you have installed, what you have running and how do you use it.

jiggajigga88

Dec 25, 2012
check out BetterBatteryStats, as already mentioned for the real battery killers.
put down the brightness to a low level
turn off your mobile internet in moments you dont really need it (i.e. during sports). just like you turn off wifi, when you leave your house

hansen5265

Aug 17, 2012
Kota Kinabalu
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Looks like your battery needs to be recalibrated.
Completely drained your battery & charge it for 8 hours without stopping during the night.
It happened to me too a few weeks ago when I bought a new battery.

Use BBS, greenify & tweaks your kernel settings will definitely help too.

Good luck :)

Last edited:

Kev600

Jul 2, 2014
Replace your battery

Either get another Samsung battery - or go big and get ZeroLemon 7000mAh - worth every penny! and you get used to the size & weight pretty fast.

:)