Cm7 port status(Dev)

Search This thread

pintek

May 10, 2011
Ive looked deeper into the code and heres my two biggest issues....one is the keyboard on this device...if i do get cm7 on this then there are going to be bugs bugs and more bugs...4G is questionable....and the drivers is a whole other mess in it self. Ill do my best.....theres a saying.....when life gives you lemons make lemonade :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

As Cave Johnson said "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!"

ReActiveDisorder

Apr 12, 2012
As Cave Johnson said "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!"

But i like lemonade....and its a great way to give whoever gave you those lemons the finger.... In this case would be Tmobile and Samsuck :p Mmmmmmmmm Lemonade

Dr.Gonz0

May 21, 2007
But i like lemonade....and its a great way to give whoever gave you those lemons the finger.... In this case would be Tmobile and Samsuck :p Mmmmmmmmm Lemonade

When life hands you lemons kick it in the balls and say "I wanted a beer... *****"

Perhaps once the device can be broken down to AOSP (or close enough) status in froyo then porting may go a little easier.

N00b-un-2

Jan 29, 2011
Glendale
ryancuda.blogspot.com
That thread basically sums up every gripe I have had about the sidekick ever since I had the misfortune of buying one. Every single so called rom available is nothing more than a dressed up stock rom and the so called enhancemnts cause bugs and stability issues. I'm going to be replacing this device as soon as I can. Its ****ing ludicrous that between samsung and the community here we STILL don't have even a buggy half assed gingerbread rom yet. My last device has official cyanogen support for 2.3.7 and there are ics and jellybean roms and that phone is a gutless pile of crap compared to this phone. Such a shame because it has an awesome keyboard a decent cpu and gpu and it has 4g. Too bad its plagued by the absolute worst, buggiest and by far and away the absolute ugliest stock android rom I've ever had the displeasure of using. Can't wait to get a nexus device and hurl this piece of junk into oncoming traffic. There is not a single real dev here and this device is pretty much dead, running an ancient version of android

stryfe1986

Sep 20, 2010
That thread basically sums up every gripe I have had about the sidekick ever since I had the misfortune of buying one. Every single so called rom available is nothing more than a dressed up stock rom and the so called enhancemnts cause bugs and stability issues. I'm going to be replacing this device as soon as I can. Its ****ing ludicrous that between samsung and the community here we STILL don't have even a buggy half assed gingerbread rom yet. My last device has official cyanogen support for 2.3.7 and there are ics and jellybean roms and that phone is a gutless pile of crap compared to this phone. Such a shame because it has an awesome keyboard a decent cpu and gpu and it has 4g. Too bad its plagued by the absolute worst, buggiest and by far and away the absolute ugliest stock android rom I've ever had the displeasure of using. Can't wait to get a nexus device and hurl this piece of junk into oncoming traffic. There is not a single real dev here and this device is pretty much dead, running an ancient version of android

My thoughts exactly, I've never felt like punting a phone across the city until I owned this phone the worst part is my g2 broke and got replaced by this........because it was a "better" phone, like hell it is, I wish I had my G2 back

Sent from my SGH-T839 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: orange808

orange808

May 9, 2011
Please stop posting garbage in the dev section. Complaints belong in the general discussion.

If you do not have a Linux rig and have not examined (and compiled and tested) the (partially) working roms from ayoteddy's AOSP and windixxi's CM7, you probably should not be posting here.

N00b-un-2

Jan 29, 2011
Glendale
ryancuda.blogspot.com
Please stop posting garbage in the dev section. Complaints belong in the general discussion.

If you do not have a Linux rig and have not examined (and compiled and tested) the (partially) working roms from ayoteddy's AOSP and windixxi's CM7, you probably should not be posting here.

Oh... but I do have a Linux partition on MANY of my computers, have done a bit of Android development in my free time (I posted some beta builds of VLC on here a few months back) and I HAVE compiled windxixi's code, but seeing as how he never posted updates and has given up on his porting efforts it was a waste of time. I will admit that I don't have the expertise to debug the mess of code, but it amazes me (in a bad way) that 3 major versions of Android have been released (four if you count Honeycomb) since the release of this device and T-Mo and Samsung have yet to release even a gingerbread ROM, much less the independent devs here. My last phone had CM7 on it MONTHS before the official gingerbread ROM was leaked. This device suffers from a total lack of interest from a dedicated developer. I find it hard to believe that no one in this community has the capability to port gingerbread to the SK4G. I'm taking some Java classes coming up here so hopefully I'll get a better understanding of how to write code for Android but I don't see why I should when it would be easier to do what everyone else seems to do and just buy a different phone.

Reactions: AFAinHD

nxd

Oct 19, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Oh... but I do have a Linux partition on MANY of my computers, have done a bit of Android development in my free time (I posted some beta builds of VLC on here a few months back) and I HAVE compiled windxixi's code, but seeing as how he never posted updates and has given up on his porting efforts it was a waste of time. I will admit that I don't have the expertise to debug the mess of code, but it amazes me (in a bad way) that 3 major versions of Android have been released (four if you count Honeycomb) since the release of this device and T-Mo and Samsung have yet to release even a gingerbread ROM, much less the independent devs here. My last phone had CM7 on it MONTHS before the official gingerbread ROM was leaked. This device suffers from a total lack of interest from a dedicated developer. I find it hard to believe that no one in this community has the capability to port gingerbread to the SK4G. I'm taking some Java classes coming up here so hopefully I'll get a better understanding of how to write code for Android but I don't see why I should when it would be easier to do what everyone else seems to do and just buy a different phone.

TMO and Samsung really did mis-manage this device. It's too bad.

Kernel drivers are a major obstacle in terms of a Gingerbread port for the SK4G. If I recall correctly, the display driver was closed source and thus almost impossible to port/debug, and the GPIO keyboard driver was a horrifying giant table of similar values -- difficult to port/debug. I guess windxixi solved these problems, which is very impressive.

An Android developer experienced and comfortable with Froyo and Gingerbread could perhaps get the SK4G onto a more modern development track, but it's hard to imagine anyone with the necessary skills would be interested in the project. For some reason, slider phones are out of vogue.

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
Well, doing with what we have, Id say were doing the best we can. But yes, I admired your VLC port, thank-you for your work.

sent from my SGH-T839 (Sidekick 4G) running Glorious Overdose V3.0.3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WORKING
    - Screen
    - GSM, Only sms and edge
    - power manager(not full test)

NOT WORKING
    - Wifi
    - Cell data (Phone Can not work)
    - camera (Use t759 libs, Can not work)
    - bluetooth
    - key mapping (special keys)
    - audio (Only play sound now)
    - sensors

fix libaudio

source:https://github.com/windxixi/

2012-3-22
    fix edge dns
    2012-3-23
    try to use froyo libaudio
    2012-3-23
    test froyo libaudio :fail
    2012-3-24
    record sound work
    2012-3-28
    use amix for test cell phone
    2012-3-28
    I think I fix the opengl 3d
    2012-3-31
    Respond to phone call. You can answer the phone. (Ring tones, call silent). Signal display completely normal(Thank bye Jax184)
    2012-4-5
    I think I can start in fascinatemtd libaudio
    2012-4-5
    fix battery Capacity status ( E/BatteryService( 2733): batteryCapacityPath not found)
    This is some pic
    01.jpg
    02.jpg
    03.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA
    电话打来时有反应了。可以接电话。(有铃声,通话无声)。信号显示完全正常
    so fixing audios
    3d hw is fixed.I can play game
    please del or lock this thread. I open source on github.
    For those who don't speak Chinese, that appears to say
    "Respond to phone call. You can answer the phone. (Ring tones, call silent). Signal display completely normal"