Mercury Slim Fit TPU / Best Nexus 4 Case

Search This thread

Fataldesain

Nov 1, 2011
First let me say I think this is the best overall case for the nexus 4 hands down and I ordered pretty much every other case off amazon. We would all love to use the nexus naked or with a bumper but we also know how fragile this phone is you probably break it or fear breaking it the whole time.

I say this case is the best for these reasons design, cost, and protection. First design, the main thing that stands out about this case it has hard edges when on case feels slick and firm. The whole case has a sparkle effect pretty cool. I absolutely love the white but the black is very nice also my gf loves it. The only flaw in design is probably the power and volume buttons are cut out and case does have a little thickness so can be hard to push buttons sometimes. This case does add to size but keeps nexus 4 shape exactly.

Cost was 5.21 plus 2 dollar shipping so that for me already puts it as number 1 since all others cost more. To me if you had to pick one case this would be it.

Protection to me cannot get any better than this. I don't know how but the case in your hand feels soft and bends like every other case but when on feels solid. Hard to put into words but I trust this case.

Now the only other cases that came close where the distronic (which is a little slimmer and buttons are not cut out. Also back is matte). I blazon was good to very similar to distronic minus the matte back. The mercury is just a tad thicker than these but you really don't feel it.

The other cases like the rearth to me is just a cheap piece of plastic not worth 10 bucks. There is a distronic hard shell that was pretty nice its like the rearth but done right. This would be my second choice if you really want ultra slim. Does not protect whole phone but good enough.

Here are some pics I took today this case is awesome. Comes in a ton of colors.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359260529892.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359260529892.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 9,747
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359260548502.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359260548502.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 8,667
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359260584918.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359260584918.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 8,511
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359260608746.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359260608746.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 9,209

LINXC88

Dec 31, 2010
Question, is the case a solid colour? or does it have sparkles/glitter like previous mercury tpu cases?
thanks

First let me say I think this is the best overall case for the nexus 4 hands down and I ordered pretty much every other case off amazon. We would all love to use the nexus naked or with a bumper but we also know how fragile this phone is you probably break it or fear breaking it the whole time.

I say this case is the best for these reasons design, cost, and protection. First design, the main thing that stands out about this case it has hard edges when on case feels slick and firm. The whole case has a sparkle effect pretty cool. I absolutely love the white but the black is very nice also my gf loves it. The only flaw in design is probably the power and volume buttons are cut out and case does have a little thickness so can be hard to push buttons sometimes. This case does add to size but keeps nexus 4 shape exactly.

Cost was 5.21 plus 2 dollar shipping so that for me already puts it as number 1 since all others cost more. To me if you had to pick one case this would be it.

Protection to me cannot get any better than this. I don't know how but the case in your hand feels soft and bends like every other case but when on feels solid. Hard to put into words but I trust this case.

Now the only other cases that came close where the distronic (which is a little slimmer and buttons are not cut out. Also back is matte). I blazon was good to very similar to distronic minus the matte back. The mercury is just a tad thicker than these but you really don't feel it.

The other cases like the rearth to me is just a cheap piece of plastic not worth 10 bucks. There is a distronic hard shell that was pretty nice its like the rearth but done right. This would be my second choice if you really want ultra slim. Does not protect whole phone but good enough.

Reactions: rlcassidy

Fataldesain

Nov 1, 2011
How thick is the case? Is the black case super shiny?

This one is not to thick but thicker than others on amazon just bit. But also this is the only one that keeps nexus 4 shape so it feels good in hand. Black is shiny not super though I suggest white as it has a gloss on it and does not get dirty. I'm two weeks on white still looks brand new and its been all over.

I'm not gonna lie I don't like the black but my gf does which good because I would not give her the white. All of them have a sparkle effect black shows it more.

Reactions: seojuhwan

Fataldesain

Nov 1, 2011
Sweet the mercury pearl case is my all time fave on each phone I've owned that they make one for. I'm in for one. Does it push up on the screen protector and make it bubble?

Depends which one you have I have the Xtremeguard the one you have to use water to apply. If center it you should be fine. But this case goes over the edges well so I would not worry about it.

aa_chow

Mar 2, 2012
Toronto
Thanks OP! Was waiting for this case to appear. I had these for my Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus; by far my favorite case.

Yeah, waiting for eBay sellers to sell them. Shipping to Canada is $9+....

MrMinh

Mar 27, 2011
Depends which one you have I have the Xtremeguard the one you have to use water to apply. If center it you should be fine. But this case goes over the edges well so I would not worry about it.

Yea, I was afraid they all would have sparkles. This case seems to be made for girls. Does the white show that much sparkle?

icepixie

Jul 16, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Thanks OP! Was waiting for this case to appear. I had these for my Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus; by far my favorite case.

Yeah, waiting for eBay sellers to sell them. Shipping to Canada is $9+....

There was some discrepancy between the shipping price on amazon vs the price stated on the Mercury storefront shipping information page. I emailed them about that and they quoted shipping for me in Ottawa at $7.35. They said they would refund me the $2.13 difference in shipping after the fact. :good: I know it's not too much, but it's good to know they're an honest customer-oriented company.

theSavant

May 5, 2010
Would anyone with this case mind taking a picture of the micro-usb port area with the case on?

I have a bunch of 6 ft micro usb cables that I like to use because of the length. However, these cables have a lot of excess plastic around the connector so I'm just wondering if they'll be compatible or not.

NLPUNITED

Aug 11, 2012
Montreal
If I'm the kind of guy who drops his phone like, once a week, should I guess this. Trying to searh for the best option since I just ordered a nexus 4.

I currently have a samsung S2X with a Trident Aegis case that I really liek for protection and such.

Also, still not sure if I will put a screen protector. Is the Nexus 4 screen tough anough not to? Not a fan of the "rubery" feeling they give but its better than a scratched screen.

clockcycle

Dec 28, 2007
Miami, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
Got mine. Here's my opinion. It makes the n4 more fatty. I'm not a fan of the strange edges, preferred the smoother more rounded edges on my s3 and iphone4 versions. It's very front lippy, it pushes my skinomi skin and causes it to wrinkle/ bubble/ peel.
Good protection. Excellent quality and material. Cut out perfect. Nice hold/ grip. Great colors.

Took it off and put my nillkin back on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Evil_munki

walrusaur

Jan 21, 2013
Did I receive the same case? The Mercury tpu case I got for my Nexus4 looks nice, does add a little bit more bulk than the Diztronic, but one giant problem. It is slippery as hell. The gloss on it is not a sticky gloss, but more of a smooth slippy gloss. It won't stick to any surfaces, and IMO actually makes the phone a little more slippery to hold than when it's bare, since the entire case is made of this stuff. The only time it will be grippy is if your hands are slightly moist or hot enough to leave a steamy fingerprint lol. Not only that, the cutouts make the buttons very hard to press (due to the thickness of the case and shallow-ness of the buttons). The power button is actually kind of ok if you use your fingertip, but it's very hard to press the volume button.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Diztronic tpu owns that crap, u mad bro
    Kind of wished I bought a black one. The case is excellent.

Sent from my Trinity powered Nexus 4
    Sweet the mercury pearl case is my all time fave on each phone I've owned that they make one for. I'm in for one. Does it push up on the screen protector and make it bubble?
    Ive been using the mercury case for quite awhile and definitely luv it however im noticing that the lettering on the back is starting to come off which is bugging me so for now i switched to the diztonic. So just a heads up that after a while the branding on the back will start to come off but its still a great case

the lettering on mine is still fully intact despite the case itself now being the worst white i have seen with denim bleed