[Q] is my new screem bad?

Search This thread

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
i just received the screen i bought to replace on my Verizon G2 (VS980) and just installed it, when i went to turn it on this is what the screen displayed, good thing i did not glue it down, but i tried connecting the cables again but still get the same thing. have you ever seen this?

sorry about the pic quality i had to use my laptops webcam.

Attachments

• WIN_20140305_171647.JPG
    WIN_20140305_171647.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 342

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
That might just be a bad screen are you sure the cables are all correctly plugged in

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

WolfmanJack

Feb 11, 2014
Going to sound really weird. When you reassembled the phone your white antenna cable near the bottom of the phone crosses over a connection right before it plugs in. Is that connection covered with a non conductive material or no? Reason I ask is that I have recently performed this repair myself and ran into an issue similar to this. Believe it or not but shielding that connection from the antenna cable with a piece of electrical tape fixed the crazy acting screen I had.

Here's a link to the thread I had with a video how to I found.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2660266

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
Going to sound really weird. When you reassembled the phone your white antenna cable near the bottom of the phone crosses over a connection right before it plugs in. Is that connection covered with a non conductive material or no? Reason I ask is that I have recently performed this repair myself and ran into an issue similar to this. Believe it or not but shielding that connection from the antenna cable with a piece of electrical tape fixed the crazy acting screen I had.

Here's a link to the thread I had with a video how to I found.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2660266

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

i actually watched that to do this repair and found out about this when i put my cracked screen back about that. so i tried putting the other one back in and nothing. so i already contacted the seller and will be getting a refund, and this time will just make sure i buy a screen with a Verizon logo on it, then i should work, also for some reason now my speaker is not working. :(

WolfmanJack

Feb 11, 2014
i actually watched that to do this repair and found out about this when i put my cracked screen back about that. so i tried putting the other one back in and nothing. so i already contacted the seller and will be getting a refund, and this time will just make sure i buy a screen with a Verizon logo on it, then i should work, also for some reason now my speaker is not working. :(

Here is the link to the one I bought. Select accesories4 as a seller.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HNBALO4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1394127735&sr=8-1

Reactions: clapper66

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013

WolfmanJack

Feb 11, 2014
ok thanks, when i ordered the one i organically bought i took a chance. The annoying this is i could find any information online about the screen being universal with all models and i took a chance with the one i bought that said compatible with all models.

Ya I tried to cheap out and initially bought a screen without an LCD.

Top Liked Posts