Firmware 17.1.1.A.0.402 is out for Wifi tablet in Germany

Search This thread

ironbyron

Aug 3, 2010
Today I was notified that version 17.1.1.A.0.402 is available for update (through PC companion and Sony update app).

I am currently updating and hope for major improvements (eg. touchscreen response).

I am coming from 36 and this is the first update offered to me.

Has anyone found a changelog or similar?

iron

Last edited:

tumpin

Mar 10, 2009
Today I was notified that abover version is available for update (through PC companion and Sony update app).

I am currently updating and hope for major improvements (eg. touchscreen response).

iron

I also just received it for LTE in the UK. Its updated and I think the touch response could actually be better. For example I usually need a few tries to get the unlock pattern to work but now it works first time. Still I need more time to test before I can say its fixed.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

I cant see anything else new yet. A change log would certainly be nice. Great that Sony are active with updates though! This is the happiest Ive been with any Android device.

Reactions: SonyUser81

Chefproll

Apr 27, 2014
Germany, LTE model, findings so far:

- Far better touch response, waking up the Z2 via double-tap (using fingers, not firearms) now clearly better working
- Larger "hit zone" of Android symbols
- Less touchscreen problems in general, but needs some long-term experience

BUT ("but" seems to be an integral part of Sony devices nowadays):
- Waking up via double-tap does not always work, sometimes the Z2 reacts on tapping at special zones (center and above), only
- Hit zones of Android symbols sometimes shrink again to the former state; restart cures that for a while
- Short audio interruption when changing screen orientation a bit better, but still present
- SD card still read-only (I know, it's caused by Google - but not solving that problem is caused by Sony)
- Z2 still bent ;)

Strange: I've got Z2 tablets. One of them had extreme touchscreen issues, the other one showed almost no issues at all.
Now I've got the feeling that the "worse" Z2 (bare naked) works better than the previously "good" Z2 (enclosed by a protective case). But I am not real sure, yet.

psychomaniac82

Nov 5, 2010
In the Netherlands the update arrived also today.

I don't see any big differance in this short period of time.

hillbicks

Jun 13, 2012
I'm wondering if it's possible to downgrade again in case a root exploit is found that is only available in the original firmware. Any thoughts on that?

Sent from my SGP511 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ironbyron

Aug 3, 2010
I have not noticed any changes yet. The response of the touchscreen has definitely not improved on my tablet. I was so much hoping on this... Why is there no change log anywhere? I sooooo much would like to know the improvements of this firmware... Any ideas anyone?

Ironbyron

SWFlyerUK

Nov 9, 2010
The most recent firmware for the LTE version (.55) has this as a changelog, so I assume we can expect these fixes in the latest release amongst others.

• Improved camera performance & function with faster start time and better auto focus
  • Improved FM radio function
  • Graphics improvements with smoother scrolling and image movement
  • Improved stability with the latest bug fixes and enhancements

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

First things I've noticed is vibration now works with the keyboard. Google Keep is now installed as a system app, presumably to make up for no 'notes' and touch responsiveness is an improvement. The keyboard font size is also larger.

All on the WiFi model.

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Touch screen issue is still there but not as worst as before.

Just down load multi touch tester, you can notice the problem is still there

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Chefproll

Apr 27, 2014
Good news and bad news...

Good news first: .402 made the touchscreen response of a previously bad behaving device far better !
Bad news: .402 made the touchscreen response of a previously well behaving device far worse !

First, I had a Z2 with a BAD touchscreen and BAD creaking issues, and a Z2 with a GOOD touchscreen and NO creaking issues.
Now, I've got a Z2 with a GOOD touchscreen and BAD creaking issues, and a Z2 with a BAD touchscreen and NO creaking issues.
Both devices still have severe issues with multitouch - it's just same as with the Nexus 7 2013.

So again, Sony failed big time. :/
I start wondering if they ever manage to do just ANYTHING right.

tumpin

Mar 10, 2009
I used the device heavily last night and the touch is without doubt better. It used to be barely usable when laying on its back or in the cradle, now its ok.
But I am having a little problems with bluetooth. My keyboard drops out and sometimes the mouse pointer stutters. It used to be perfect so that's a bit annoying.

Last edited:

degraaff

Jan 21, 2012
Something I noticed: the display brightness when set to auto, now takes the brightness slider position into effect, so you can choose how much the screen will dim or brighten relative to environment light. Before, the brightness slider had no effect in auto brightness mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And obviously can't read, too - otherwise you would have studied the forums here first and know that ATM there is no root for .402...

hasenbein you make some very militant comments against people especially noobs.
    Its very quiet on the Z2 boards, we need this a happy helpful place not negative.
    Today I was notified that abover version is available for update (through PC companion and Sony update app).

iron

I also just received it for LTE in the UK. Its updated and I think the touch response could actually be better. For example I usually need a few tries to get the unlock pattern to work but now it works first time. Still I need more time to test before I can say its fixed.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

I cant see anything else new yet. A change log would certainly be nice. Great that Sony are active with updates though! This is the happiest Ive been with any Android device.
    Me again^^

So after I Flashed Global FW back to Vodafon .36, I recieved Notification about Update .402. Now I've got:
    -Branding: Vodafone Germany
    -Custom Nr. 1281-8836

Always changed Custom ID to generic DE. Hope i get now the German FW .402.
    when i get the right FW I'll upload...:angel: