Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
For detail guide about how to root N7100 -
Read
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1896696
Post # 2 and 3 of above said thread

---------------------------------------------------------------
This guide basically written when there was only available method to root device was flashing chenglu's recovery, which was causing to raise flash counter 1 even after triangle away. That was due to samsung's bootloader for Note 2 which have autosum check for recovery. So if you are using any custom recovery your flash counter will raise to 1. Also read this if you want to use CWM recovery and want to reset counter at every boot.

Later Chainfire have introduce 'Cf Auto root' and in that case no need to use this tutorial as CF auto root package includes stock recovery.

Still this guide is useful who have flashed CWM and want to move to stock recovery with reseting counter '0'

Here is guide How to reset counter to '0' and keep device rooted

All credits to Chainfire and chenglu, without their amazing tool we can't have this......

-If you have rooted with CWM recovery
- Your device will have CWM recoovery with root access.
- Download this stock recovery OR This latest stock recovery from LL7 which believe to be patched by samsung.
- Flash with PC Odin for PDA tab.
- Reset counter with Triangle away
- Now your counter will be '0' and you will have now stock recovery but root access will be intact
- You will have binnary count '0' but system status still will be 'custom'
- Reboot to recovery, wipe cache and data
(this step is just for keeping status' official '
You can skip if you have too much data, as this status can be achieved even in semibricked condition by wiping from recovery Or by flashing stock rom from download mode. And in hard bricked this status can't be read :p) important thing is to just keep count' 0'.

- You will have binary count '0' and current binary 'official' as well system status 'official'
- with latest bootloader you can't achieve system status 'official' with wipe cache and data too, in that case you may need to reflash stock ROM, reboot normally, play for 10 min and it should be 'official'

New :
How to change system status 'Modified' to 'Normal' in device setting without factory reset.

you can enjoy full root access without worrying of warranty

:)

Last edited:

tchitchicruise

Mar 19, 2008
France

All credits to Chainfire and chenglu, without their amazing tool we can't have this......

As we have many reported case after reseting counter with Triangle Away, recovery gets broken
So I have manage to keep recovery and Root intact

Right Now updating short instruction
Full video guide and detail instruction for newbie tomorrow.

- Flash chenglu's custom recovery (first line on my signature post #2)
- Your device will have CWM recoovery with root access
- Here your counter will be zero but,this will break recovery and you won't be able to reboot to recovery.(Don't attempt to check it otherwise count will be raise)
- Download this recovery
- Flash with PC Odin for PDA tab. (Don't use Mobile Odin, otherwise binary count raise)
- Now your counter still will be '0' and you will have now stock recovery but root access will be intact
- You will have binary count '0' and current binary 'official' as well system status 'official'
- still you will have root but with stock recovery

Hi Dr !
Your recovery is for this problem ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Reactions: knight210

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
No No
This is bootloader bug
while entering recovery just release power button once splash screen appear, above said error will go, and you can entre to recovery.
Plz remove quating of full post.
I have said is different thing, once you reset counter, you won't able to reboot to recovery at all.

Mobile Odin Pro flashcounter raise is fixed in version 3.40 afaik :)

dr.ketan

Mobile odin 3.40 itself first version which have add Note 2 support.
And i have tried (as well many other user reported) that to flash stock recovery, but it does raise counter.

the duderino

Sep 18, 2012
Pls help

Hi guys where is the flash counter these posts r making me paranoid. Right now I flashed like 3 or 4 things but where is the counter???

afilopou

Oct 21, 2010
Athens
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi guys where is the flash counter these posts r making me paranoid. Right now I flashed like 3 or 4 things but where is the counter???

Vol down +home+power and enter ind download mode.on the upper left screen you see three or four lines.One of them saying something like current binary status

Sent from the Beast

afilopou

Oct 21, 2010
Athens
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yes.
It wasn't necessary for the s3 before.
Maybe is needed but doesn't make any sense (for me at least)

Niko this changed in note 2.Did it few times before dr. Ketan's great guide and system status changed from custom to official.

I just know few basics in android but my feeling is that samsung changed their security flags(if this is the correct phrase) for rooting making our "life" harder but more interesting ;)

Sent from the Beast

Last edited:

afilopou

Oct 21, 2010
Athens
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Wiping data makes system status 'official'
Hope thus can be find helpful to understand that point

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Doc i see few posts for the bootloader bug (you know the screeny thing).Because you are speaking to various devs,the xlaie (french) did not have this bug(for sure) and remember the first time have it is after flashing the prerooted stock lj1, how easy is to take bootloader from that version and check
1.bootloader without bug+stock unrooted
2. Bootloader without bug+stock rooted
??

Sent from the Beast

dr.ketan

I think pre rooted rom just updated with new boot loader
Edit :
Here is post

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32632717
I have still didn't get this bug, may be I have did it correctly. Anyway I will check again if it is not in Indian ROM (which i have right now) Then I will port it.

Last edited:

dr.ketan

I have just checked on my device
Indian rom too don't have this issue. But yes keep pressing all three button just gives bootloop, but not that buggy screen, for recovery you have to release power button. But i think that should be basic procedure as default.
Before porting let's caculate cases who are having flash anything else or just stock rom + cwm

afilopou

Oct 21, 2010
Athens
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I have just checked on my device
Indian rom too don't have this issue. But yes keep pressing all three button just gives bootloop, but not that buggy screen, for recovery you have to release power button. But i think that should be basic procedure as default.
Before porting let's caculate cases who are having flash anything else or just stock rom + cwm

My case

Flashed stock prerooted rom lj1 (with old bootloader) (as i9000+bodivas post) and have stock recovery

Sent from the Beast

Reactions: dr.ketan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For detail guide about how to root N7100 -
    Read
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1896696
    Post # 2 and 3 of above said thread

---------------------------------------------------------------
    This guide basically written when there was only available method to root device was flashing chenglu's recovery, which was causing to raise flash counter 1 even after triangle away. That was due to samsung's bootloader for Note 2 which have autosum check for recovery. So if you are using any custom recovery your flash counter will raise to 1. Also read this if you want to use CWM recovery and want to reset counter at every boot.

Later Chainfire have introduce 'Cf Auto root' and in that case no need to use this tutorial as CF auto root package includes stock recovery.

Still this guide is useful who have flashed CWM and want to move to stock recovery with reseting counter '0'

-If you have rooted with CWM recovery
    - Your device will have CWM recoovery with root access.
    - Download this stock recovery OR This latest stock recovery from LL7 which believe to be patched by samsung.
    - Flash with PC Odin for PDA tab.
    - Now your counter will be '0' and you will have now stock recovery but root access will be intact
    (this step is just for keeping status' official '
    You can skip if you have too much data, as this status can be achieved even in semibricked condition by wiping from recovery Or by flashing stock rom from download mode. And in hard bricked this status can't be read :p) important thing is to just keep count' 0'.

- with latest bootloader you can't achieve system status 'official' with wipe cache and data too, in that case you may need to reflash stock ROM, reboot normally, play for 10 min and it should be 'official'

New :
    How to change system status 'Modified' to 'Normal' in device setting without factory reset.

No No
    This is bootloader bug
    while entering recovery just release power button once splash screen appear, above said error will go, and you can entre to recovery.
    Plz remove quating of full post.
    Now Chainfire have added 'CF Auto Root' to keep counter '0' with Stock recovery

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31801060&postcount=2

Moderator can close this thread Now

Mobile odin 3.40 itself first version which have add Note 2 support.
    And i have tried (as well many other user reported) that to flash stock recovery, but it does raise counter.

Vol down +home+power and enter ind download mode.on the upper left screen you see three or four lines.One of them saying something like current binary status

Sent from the Beast