[GUIDE] The easiest way to install CWM in ICS (no unbricking needed)

Search This thread

fearfighter88

May 5, 2014
Bricked Lg p930

Hey swetness can u plz help with this:

i bricked my LG p930 a month ago by replacing sim cards, i have looked through this forum for methods to unbrick it, followed hereric's method and got it back to stock ICS and rooted it, but the device keeps rebooting randomly every now and then. i found in a different forum that this is will be solved by flashing a new baseband firmware but i can't do it since the cwm i downloaded from play store is old. will your method work for me? if so please provide me with the details on how to proceed with it since i'm a newbie in this world. thank you!

xxAirwickxx

Jun 13, 2013
Should b able to put philztoch cwm on it n flash whatever u want. Yes baseband can help.

Mrozik1990

Sep 8, 2010
Zielona Góra
I have P936 with 2.3.6 and I can't root it by any methods... I tried everything... If I'll update it to ICS can I root mine device, install CWM and then CM 10.1 by this metod FOR SURE?? I'm confused because of posts I read in this topic.

Swetnes

Aug 2, 2012
OnePlus 8
I have P936 with 2.3.6 and I can't root it by any methods... I tried everything... If I'll update it to ICS can I root mine device, install CWM and then CM 10.1 by this metod FOR SURE?? I'm confused because of posts I read in this topic.

Yes....only the original version of Gingerbread can be rooted. ICS IS the way to go.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

Swetnes

Aug 2, 2012
OnePlus 8
Hey swetness can u plz help with this:

i bricked my LG p930 a month ago by replacing sim cards, i have looked through this forum for methods to unbrick it, followed hereric's method and got it back to stock ICS and rooted it, but the device keeps rebooting randomly every now and then. i found in a different forum that this is will be solved by flashing a new baseband firmware but i can't do it since the cwm i downloaded from play store is old. will your method work for me? if so please provide me with the details on how to proceed with it since i'm a newbie in this world. thank you!

Baseband won't do it....some Nitros just cannot handle ICS, but are stable with Gingerbread. What version of ICS, you might try 100% stock?

fearfighter88

May 5, 2014
Baseband won't do it....some Nitros just cannot handle ICS, but are stable with Gingerbread. What version of ICS, you might try 100% stock?

Hey Swetnes thx for replying, well i got back to Gingerbread using hererics method but it's still rebooting, random shutting, and freezing sometimes. i think it just got bricked once for all :( unless you can recommend something...

Swetnes

Aug 2, 2012
OnePlus 8
Hey Swetnes thx for replying, well i got back to Gingerbread using hererics method but it's still rebooting, random shutting, and freezing sometimes. i think it just got bricked once for all :( unless you can recommend something...

This might be a long shot, but have you tried a different sd memory card or SIM card? Just to eliminate those as possibilities.

Mycro99

Aug 11, 2013
help

does it mean that when i use this method to install cmw i dont need to unbrick it before installing roms of my choice

Barbo1

Nov 10, 2015
i used this method whit bin4ry root and it seemed liked it worked but when i try to enter CWM whit Rom Manager, it reboots but it gives me an error screen,
"Secure booting Error
cause: boot certification Verify
enter the fastboot ...
enter the fastboot ...
Long time noo see!"
and i cannot enter CWM. did i do something wrong?
It inst bricked, if i take the battery out and turn it on again it boots fine, but i cannot enter CWM, and im trying to install CM10 but i cant because it wont boot CWM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOW YOU CAN INSTALL CWM DIRECTLY FROM ICS
    INSTALL AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER WITHOUT UNBRICKING

A few months ago I found this thread on XDA :http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42657066

This thread provided a way to install CWM from Jellybean V30C for the SU640 without unbricking the phone first. Now not exactly the same, the phones are close enough that it peaked my interest. Digging into it I discovered that the partition mmcblk0p7 contains the bootloader, and it was as simple as pushing the unlocked bootloader from Gingerbread to the correct partition, therefore bypassing the entire need to unbrick the phone first and thus allowing the install of CWM. :)

So I got brave enough and installed the P936 v10i Gingerbread ROM and used the command in ADB shell to extract the bootloader:
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 of=/sdcard/bootloader.img. After this I restored my phone completely to stock. Rooted using the root at the above link, then ran my batch file and I had CWM no Security Error!!

The steps are simple:

Start with stock ICS (any version, carrier or phone version p93x). v20c, v20d, v20e, or v20f.

1. ROOT PHONE with the root from the above link or any method that works for you.

2. Run my batch file.

3. Install a custom ROM.

Before anyone asks me I used v 6.0.1.5 TOUCH for CWM. There are actually several reasons why. For me v 6.0.4.5 was incompatible with any ROM with kernel version 3.4. Also if I would initiate a backup from the Rom Manager app, CWM couldn't locate the backup directory.

ENJOY
    :victory:

First this only is recommended for LG's Nitro HD models P930, P935 & P936. I do not recommend installing on the SU640 or LU6200.
    Thnks!

Worked like a charm! (the second time lol)
    I've been waiting for an easy workaround like this, you're great!
    Awesome work.

Where did you get CWM 6.0.1.4? Is it the recovery.img located in the zip in the OP? I have two P930s and both have 6.0.4.5 installed. On one, I can get into recovery without a problem, the other one can't.

Thanks
    Awesome work.

Where did you get CWM 6.0.1.4? Is it the recovery.img located in the zip in the OP? I have two P930s and both have 6.0.4.5 installed. On one, I can get into recovery without a problem, the other one can't.

Thanks

Hereric's guide.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2044645

And yes it's the recovery.img

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app
    Awesome work.

Thanks

You know what, I had a typo and will fix, it should have been....6.0.1.5 and not 6.0.1.4. Sorry I was going off of memory.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app