problem with google voice search

Search This thread

trdsol23

Jun 2, 2009
I am trying to send a text message using google voice search, but I keep getting "message couldn't be sent" dialogue while it is trying to send the message. Everything works fine until the app tries to send the message. I am using the stock samsung message app on android 4.3. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I am trying to send a text message using google voice search, but I keep getting "message couldn't be sent" dialogue while it is trying to send the message. Everything works fine until the app tries to send the message. I am using the stock samsung message app on android 4.3. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Send a message from messaging app and see if it works from there.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

trdsol23

Jun 2, 2009
Send a message from messaging app and see if it works from there.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
I can message through the app just fine. It works with S-Voice as well. It just doesn't seem to work with Google Voice Search. I would use S-Voice, but it's slow and never recognizes the contact name or what I am saying correctly.

trdsol23

Jun 2, 2009
At first, I thought I froze something in Titanium Backup that might have caused the issue, but I unfroze everything and rebooted, still same problem.

trdsol23

Jun 2, 2009
nevermind, I figured it out, the contact number has to be formatted a certain way for google to recognize it, all is working well now :)