★ [Rom][G900TUVU1ANE5][4.4.2] Stock Root Odex/Deodex/Knox-CarrierIQ-Free[Firmware]★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

numbR7

Dec 1, 2011
via lactea
@BeansTown106 -- so your ROMs are optimized ANE5 based with ANCH modems till the smoke clears on the speed issue? Sounds like we should be running ANE5. I just switched to T-Mobile (it's so nice to have my custom recovery back!) and going from the S4 to the S5 I'm learning the ropes. I want to build a decent DD with a stock-like ROM till I can find something that works for me. Pickings are a little slim so far but I'm sure they will pick up. Right now the S4 on Hyperdrive 15 is still winning probably because I don't know exactly what the heck I'm doing yet with the SM-G900T.

Thanks... Any tips for a repatriated custom recovery user?

Last edited:

fknfocused

May 24, 2007
Las Vegas
Edit: Nevermind, Factory Reset in recovery fixed it. The timing was just coincidence.

Hi guys, I'm on this ROM and I Odin'ed the new firmware as well as the old modem in one go (without rebooting) and now I'm stuck at the T-Mobile screen. Then I tried reflashing just the new firmware and rebooting and I'm still stuck on the T-Mobile screen. I even tried reflashing the ROM through recovery, is there anyway I can get out of this without reflashing the entire stock tar?

probably hosed something up by flashing consecutively. probably cant get away from flashing full stock tar. you should be fine after that.

slimc84

Nov 22, 2011
@BeansTown106 -- so your ROMs are optimized ANE5 based with ANCH modems till the smoke clears on the speed issue? (I say this becuase I flashed the DeOdexed version and still have the ANCH Baseband and am just checking. Sounds like we should be running ANE5. I just switched to T-Mobile (it's so nice to have my custom recovery back!) and going from the S4 to the S5 I'm learning the ropes. I want to build a decent DD with a stock-like ROM till I can find something that works for me. Pickings are a little slim so far but I'm sure they will pick up. Right now the S4 on Hyperdrive 15 is still winning probably because I don't know exactly what the heck I'm doing yet with the SM-G900T.

ROMs will never change the baseband as they are not included in the ROM. In order to change the baseband, you need to flash it through ODIN.

Reactions: numbR7

numbR7

Dec 1, 2011
via lactea
ROMs will never change the baseband as they are not included in the ROM. In order to change the baseband, you need to flash it through ODIN.

Told you I missed my custom recovery. I had a folder full of modems to flash in the old days. Had a brain f@rt and wrote that.
Thanks for shocking me back into reality lol. I've known that for years yet I typed it out just the same. I went ahead and deleted that moronic comment. It detracted too much from the main question. That is, " is the update more than just mms stuff and are the speed issues real?" Thanks again...

slimc84

Nov 22, 2011
Told you I missed my custom recovery. I had a folder full of modems to flash in the old days. Had a brain f@rt and wrote that.
Thanks for shocking me back into reality lol. I've known that for years yet I typed it out just the same. I went ahead and deleted that moronic comment. It detracted too much from the main question. That is, " is the update more than just mms stuff and are the speed issues real?" Thanks again...

There are still custom recoveries available for this phone and you can set everything up just like you had your previous phone. If you check Beans Firmware thread, it will contain the modems once they are uploaded.

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
I found it too. I thought it was removed in this ROM... I uninstalled it with no problems. I also found an app called "SilentLogging 1.0.1". I froze it yesterday with no ill effects so far.

BeansTown106, what's going on with this?
silent logging looks like modem settings via its package name i will have to open it up and look around but if u check voodo carrier iq detector all ciq should be gone
Also these show up:
5a9ade2a.jpg
tytary3a.jpg
jeqapu7a.jpg
gadagy9a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using AllianceR(●)m
some knox files are needed for certain things like enterprise email etc. but all the root related knox files are removed

@BeansTown106 -- so your ROMs are optimized ANE5 based with ANCH modems till the smoke clears on the speed issue? Sounds like we should be running ANE5. I just switched to T-Mobile (it's so nice to have my custom recovery back!) and going from the S4 to the S5 I'm learning the ropes. I want to build a decent DD with a stock-like ROM till I can find something that works for me. Pickings are a little slim so far but I'm sure they will pick up. Right now the S4 on Hyperdrive 15 is still winning probably because I don't know exactly what the heck I'm doing yet with the SM-G900T.

its def nice on tmobile with custom recovery and ya ne5 rom nch baseband is the way to go for now

update is equivalent to the international update im rebasing alliance right now and SO much has changed i dont understand why tmobile said its just mms because its def the same update international got with a ton of fixs

nysoprano

Nov 5, 2009
I'm on stock NCH (that came with phone) ... Is it OK to flash just the firmware to NE5? I'm having major data issues.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

edgarf28

Nov 15, 2007
I've flashed this ROM on my G900F, it's running great...

But I've one problem...
When I flash back an G900F rom then the GPS doesn't work at all.
I've tried different G900F roms, but all have this bug after flashing this rom.

Also tried to flash back the G900F XXU1ANE2 Odin firmware, but doesn't help.

When I flash back this ROM then GPS works... but on all other roms it doesn't work anymore :(

Anyone knows what I can do?

Last edited:

mhaner

Aug 30, 2007
So Cal

But I've one problem...

When I flash back this ROM then GPS works... but on all other roms it doesn't work anymore :(

I would odin completely back to stock and go from there.

chefp2010

Aug 18, 2010
Been out of loop for awhile so what the best way to do this ...do I flash ROM or do I flash tar I'm already running alliance ROM and I just want firmware but not the new radio and will I lose root?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
Been out of loop for awhile so what the best way to do this ...do I flash ROM or do I flash tar I'm already running alliance ROM and I just want firmware but not the new radio and will I lose root?

If you flash the full tar, you will lose root. If you flash the firmware-only tar or the zip, you will not lose root. I would just flash the zip until we get another update from Tmobile.

fknfocused

May 24, 2007
Las Vegas

But I've one problem...

My guess is if you flashed the full tar your gonna have the issue cause your firmware changed along with the modem. When you flash G900F roms, modems aren't included. I'm no expert but thats the first thing I thought of. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

edgarf28

Nov 15, 2007
I would odin completely back to stock and go from there.

Already tried that (flashed the G900F XXU1ANE2 Odin package with Odin), but even that doesn't help...

My guess is if you flashed the full tar your gonna have the issue cause your firmware changed along with the modem. When you flash G900F roms, modems aren't included. I'm no expert but thats the first thing I thought of. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

I did not flash the firmware from here, only the ROM (CWM zip).

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
Don't deoxed roms have more customizations than odoxed roms.whats basically the differences between the 2 roms. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Awesome, thanks OP. This update really makes the phone fly.

EDIT: @BeansTown106 - Does the firmware contain the messed up modem?

EDIT 2: I guess it does, so my question is, why would I flash it?

Last edited:
Reactions: mike28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★ [Rom][G900TUVU1ANE5][4.4.2] Stock Root Odex/Deodex/Knox-CarrierIQ-Free[Firmware]★

CLOSED Base is Now Deprecated Move on to here for the latest and greatest :)
    New Thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2770616

This is a Stock Root Flashable Version Of the newest KitKat 4.4.2 G900TUVU1ANE5

Requirements: Custom Recovery For Odex/Deodex

Odex Features:
    Rooted
    BusyBox
    Zipaligned
    Init.d support
    Knox-Free
    Carrier-IQ Free
    Removed Tether Provisioning checks
    Read/Write to external storage
    Working Art
    Working Private Mode

DeOdex Features:
    same as Odex
    Deodexed
    Non-Working Private Mode

Rom Zips:
    Odex Rom Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358536782

Odex md5: ff790101765ad9e6c460a3c6078f8a8f

DeOdex Rom Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358536909

De-Odex md5: 066d4a367f86aaa5ff1eae1dc69462b9

Odin Flashable Tars:
    Firmware Only Tar Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358536706

md5: bb62bbb2d79fce664296086817a8d21b

Full Stock Tar Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358536705

md5: 4f29c0003433a16eb5874be082a6b3d6

Odin Download:
    Odin 3.09 Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291676783

Disclaimer: DO NOT FLASH FIRMWARE/FULL TAR ON DEVICES OTHER THAN T-MOBILE S5

Thanks to:
    ChainFire - for superSU
    Sparky_b - For Helping deodex with the alliance kitchen
    JustArchi/Dsixda - for thier Kitchens Used For Various Tasks
    Ane6 up. Beans will be on it very soon guys ;)

on it now. :)
    Can I use mobile odin to flash the new version?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
    no mobile odin wont flash some of the firmware its a limitation because the phone is running and not in download mode, you would need to use the pc version of odin
    Now let's say after Alliance gets updated with this new baseband there is no need to Odin this firmware if I'm not mistaken

you will still need to odin the firmware only odin package

Thank You. Just like you said. Had to start with the phone powered off first. It sticks after that.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

You will still want the new baseband and modem. If you odin the firmware only you will be set.
    awesome glad it worked! ya its a random issue with what state ur phone is in before odining only seems to affect the modem not sticking here and there
    does the full stock tar have the features included (knox free .etc) or do we have to wait for the flashable zips for that
    need to wait for flashable zips for that. odex is like 75% uploaded and once thats done i will be uploading deodex
    Ok but wouldn't flashing the rom itself will give me the modem and baseband too.

nope

PS- like i said in Op ART and private mode work on Odex, Well guess what ART also works on deodex too!!! must be the way i deodexed this time i tried something new ;) :good::cool:

private mode still doesnt work on deodex though as im assuming there is a check somewhere to see if a certain file changed. still looking into that but hey at least art now works on deodex!!

Also sorry for delay in zips AFH is being slow at uploading tonight :( almost there!

5bxldz.png
    Copy Deodex Link - https://copy.com/rQAIToHNtdHx4tFM

Copy Odex Link - https://copy.com/op9aQU1OMECVoCLF

Copy Odin Firmware Link https://copy.com/PfX3GKlSa9LdDSdB

Sorry for delay hopefully the afh links come back online by morning :)
    im currently ussing your room alliance rom ver.1 with stock firmwire is this update necessary for the rom to keep working properly? or once you upgrade to alliance ver.2 if i do not upgrade this firmwire ill not be able to upgrade?

sorry for my begginer questions.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
    wheni update to alliance v2 based on ne5 u will need to be on ne5 firmware for best results u can however flash just the nch modem if needed. i will make a modem only file shortly basically a resource thread for modems,tars,firmwares

Have directions for mobile Odin and wich download to use for it?
    cant use mobile odin to flash firmware u need cpu odin
    Thanks for the update!

Here are a couple of questions for newbies like me:

• How do we check modem and firmware versions (to see if they stuck)?
    • I have stock with root and recovery. Can I dirt flash the odex ROM, or does it have to be a full wipe?
    • How about the full stock tar? Would it wipe evreything? Or would it keep my configurations (and/or roor, recovery)?
    • Any special settings on ODIN, or just the defaults?

Thanks!

Luis
    1 to check modem just look in about phone under baseband thats the modem

2. u can try dirt but if u have issues then do a wipe

3. ful stock tars should wipe the entire internal sdcard(usually) however the ne5 tar only wipes cache

4. just Defaults in Odin

Is there any way the firmware can easily be made into a flashable zip file?

the firmware no because some of the firmware doesnt have named partitions but i can make flashable modems.

Hey beanstown just wondering if this rom is debloated from all the t-mobile stuff that comes preloaded?? i love that private mode works in this Odex Rom

Is there a limitation to having it not Deoxed... am not aware of the difference/limitations

Thanks
    only difference with deodex is it is easier to modify and theme, and all tmobile bloat is still included the only thing i took out was knox and lookout

Thanks, Good to know! Still would be great to be able to get back to the old Modem. For my S4 the various modems were available to try out. Some worked better in different locations. The latest one was not always the best, but they were readily available on the forums to flash.
    gonna make a thread for modems/firmware/stock tars will be odin flashable and zip flashable gonna just make one big resource thread for everything modem/firmware/stock tar related