[Q] Droid Razr HD XT926: Motorola QC Diag port driver install

Search This thread

retalger

Mar 22, 2014
I can't get my phone to appear in (Win8.1) Device Manager as a Moto QC Diag/COM port. I'm using the (Moto) v5.9.0 drivers. I've tried installing the drivers, not installing the drivers, and updating the drivers manually. I never see a Moto QC Diag port option. If I install the drivers automatically, I see Mot Composite ADB Interface, Motorola USB Networking driver, DROID RAZR HD (under Portable Devices). I'm booted into BP Tools, USB debugging is on, my SIM is out. What am I missing please? Thank you in advance.

Motorola Droid Razr HD (XT926) Verizon running 4.1.1 ROM
Win8.1 64-bit, Admin acct.

I can't get my phone to appear in (Win8.1) Device Manager as a Moto QC Diag/COM port. I'm using the (Moto) v5.9.0 drivers. I've tried installing the drivers, not installing the drivers, and updating the drivers manually. I never see a Moto QC Diag port option. If I install the drivers automatically, I see Mot Composite ADB Interface, Motorola USB Networking driver, DROID RAZR HD (under Portable Devices). I'm booted into BP Tools, USB debugging is on, my SIM is out. What am I missing please? Thank you in advance.

Motorola Droid Razr HD (XT926) Verizon running 4.1.1 ROM
Win8.1 64-bit, Admin acct.

I think you can use the drivers from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1891582

retalger

Mar 22, 2014
[SOLVED]

first, THANK YOU dragonhart6505 for your youtube vid how to install motorola qc diag driver for unlocking motorola droid razr m/hd (xt907/xt926). your words "hit vol up so phone boots properly" was what i was missing.

let me explain as i know i'm not the only poster with this problem, i just haven't seen a solution posted. till now. :) it has taken me weeks to find the answer.

i thought i was booting into bp tools mode. i did the three finger salute. i scrolled to bp tools. let phone boot and plugged it into usb port. no qc port (not even one that needed a driver). couldnt create a virtual serial/com port either using hw vsp. got a lan error. cdma workshop stated no answer from my phone. i could ping the ip though with no errors. all because i wasnt in bp tools mode as i thought! UGHHHHH!!!! after scrolling to bp tools, hit vol up (no dont scroll to factory reset). youll see when you do it. :) now i can manually install the qc driver.

the other thing i learned along the way was that with windows 7/8 (yes, and 8.1) the qc diag driver must be manually installed.

Reactions: foo_men

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SOLVED]

first, THANK YOU dragonhart6505 for your youtube vid how to install motorola qc diag driver for unlocking motorola droid razr m/hd (xt907/xt926). your words "hit vol up so phone boots properly" was what i was missing.

let me explain as i know i'm not the only poster with this problem, i just haven't seen a solution posted. till now. :) it has taken me weeks to find the answer.

i thought i was booting into bp tools mode. i did the three finger salute. i scrolled to bp tools. let phone boot and plugged it into usb port. no qc port (not even one that needed a driver). couldnt create a virtual serial/com port either using hw vsp. got a lan error. cdma workshop stated no answer from my phone. i could ping the ip though with no errors. all because i wasnt in bp tools mode as i thought! UGHHHHH!!!! after scrolling to bp tools, hit vol up (no dont scroll to factory reset). youll see when you do it. :) now i can manually install the qc driver.

the other thing i learned along the way was that with windows 7/8 (yes, and 8.1) the qc diag driver must be manually installed.