[Q] help with s-off and flashing

Search This thread

jackbauerctu247

Jul 16, 2014
i have a tmobile htc sensation 4g.. i have been trying to get to where i can flash custom roms

i have successfully got the hboot to say unlocked

the hboot is 1.27

i have been trying to get it to s-off.. i was following hansoons all in one kit and successfully got twrp installed.. but no s-off and i can't flash a custom rom.. i have found all kinds of different guides for this.. somehow i may have messed up my stock rom.. because it would boot back to the android os but i could only see the status bar at the top nothing else..

i have adb correctly set up on my computer.. i'm running windows 7

i was trying to flash back to stock rom so i could continue the controlbear part of the set up with virtualbox and ubuntu

i was able to flash the stock rom with twrp AND hboot fastboot via the cmd line in windows.. but each time it will not full load.. just shows the status bar.. i have no idea what to do.. i'm still s-on also.. and haven't been able to get 4ext or clockwork installed either.. just twrp..

i need someone to help walk me through this correctly. any and all help always appreciated

edit:: i found the kgs utility.. and it seems to have installed clockwork somewhow, and i tried to reflash the stock rom with it.. same results.. so i went back to bootloader and continued kgs utility and it directed me to controlbear website to get the windows ics zip.. but i can't find the zip on the website.. i'm still s-on

Last edited:

nek46

May 6, 2010
athens greece
HTC Desire X
HTC One (m7)
i have a tmobile htc sensation 4g.. i have been trying to get to where i can flash custom roms

the hboot is 1.27

i have been trying to get it to s-off.. i was following hansoons all in one kit and successfully got twrp installed.. but no s-off and i can't flash a custom rom.. i have found all kinds of different guides for this.. somehow i may have messed up my stock rom.. because it would boot back to the android os but i could only see the status bar at the top nothing else..

i was trying to flash back to stock rom so i could continue the controlbear part of the set up with virtualbox and ubuntu

i was able to flash the stock rom with twrp AND hboot fastboot via the cmd line in windows.. but each time it will not full load.. just shows the status bar.. i have no idea what to do.. i'm still s-on also.. and haven't been able to get 4ext or clockwork installed either.. just twrp..

i need someone to help walk me through this correctly. any and all help always appreciated

edit:: i found the kgs utility.. and it seems to have installed clockwork somewhow, and i tried to reflash the stock rom with it.. same results.. so i went back to bootloader and continued kgs utility and it directed me to controlbear website to get the windows ics zip.. but i can't find the zip on the website.. i'm still s-on
check this post #46 and post # 48 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2366157&page=5

Reactions: rzr86

jackbauerctu247

Jul 16, 2014

thank you for your reply.

ok, i was able to get the windows version of control bear but when i copy it to the kgs utility/tools folder and run the s-off part of the program i get a md5 mismatch or no file found error..

also the link to the rumrunner program gave a list of devices.. the sensation 4g was not in the list.. however i tried anyway as it is stated as being a 'universal' program.. but it wants me to be in android with usb debugging enabled.. i cannot get into android . it just shows the status bar.. nothing else..i can however get into hboot and use fastboot usb

EDIT::: I ran rumrunner from android where it was showing just the status bar.. i thought maybe usb debugging would still be selected (since i couldn't get to it) .. and it was apparently because the program worked, and i am now in hboot with s-off.. so rumrunner was the cure all.. and the simplest..

now, apparently my recovery is still just twrp.. how can i go about flashing clockwork or preferrably, 4ext (i have both of the img files for these on my hdd), so that i can flash ordroid rom

EDIT::: I was able to get 4ext properly flashed with kgs utility at this point. i was also able to update my firmware to 3.33 from 3.32. i was not able to install OrDroid 50 (1 gig?) with 4ext. I get: E: Can't open /sdcard/OrdDroid_50.1.0.zip (bad) Installation aborted. No idea why. I ran the fix permissions and the check file system and formatted the sdcard and toggled usb storage (in 4ext) and recopied ordroid.. no change. do i need to put the sdcard in a micro card reader and copy it that way?

EDIT::: I removed the sdcard and copied the rom via an sdcard reader.. same result.. i also tried the latest cyanogen 11 rom.. it didn't work either.. not sure what to do next any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
update 4ext recovery to the latest version
http://www.4shared.com/zip/WnSyLWMaba/4EXT_Recovery_Touch_v1006_RC3_.html
extract the recovery.img and flash it via fastboot command
the command is fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
after that fastboot reboot bootloader

then try to flash the rom again

by the way it was showing you the status bar because you were still running temproot.bat file for the S-OFF procedure
that's why you couldn't boot to the android OS

jackbauerctu247

Jul 16, 2014
thank you

how do you 'get out' of temproot.bat?

i did what you said and the cm 11 rom installed (without any setup questions?) and the gapps zip .. but i got the same message on ordroid 50.. i will post in that thread for that. thank you for your help.

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
thank you

how do you 'get out' of temproot.bat?

i did what you said and the cm 11 rom installed (without any setup questions?) and the gapps zip .. but i got the same message on ordroid 50.. i will post in that thread for that. thank you for your help.

since you flashed a custom rom you have get rid of temproot
about ordroid the only thing i can tell you is to redownload the rom and check md5 sums

jackbauerctu247

Jul 16, 2014
since you flashed a custom rom you have get rid of temproot
about ordroid the only thing i can tell you is to redownload the rom and check md5 sums

hey, i took your advice and started verifying checksums.. (i really didn't know what it was before, but it took like 2 minutes to find out what it was and how to do it. anyways, the ordroid checksum verified successfully.. so no telling what caused the "(bad)" installation. not a big deal... because when i checked out your specs in your signature i discovered the venom viper rom.. WOW! .. so, i'm definitely using that now.. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! AND THANKS FOR PUTTING THE VIPER ROM IN YOUR SIGNATURE SO I COULD FIND IT~! my thing is customizing what i have.. and this seems to be designed just for that... so THANK YOU!!! :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops:

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
hey, i took your advice and started verifying checksums.. (i really didn't know what it was before, but it took like 2 minutes to find out what it was and how to do it. anyways, the ordroid checksum verified successfully.. so no telling what caused the "(bad)" installation. not a big deal... because when i checked out your specs in your signature i discovered the venom viper rom.. WOW! .. so, i'm definitely using that now.. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! AND THANKS FOR PUTTING THE VIPER ROM IN YOUR SIGNATURE SO I COULD FIND IT~! my thing is customizing what i have.. and this seems to be designed just for that... so THANK YOU!!! :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops:

if you go to the development section you will find all the roms available there

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

the hboot is 1.27

check this post #46 and post # 48 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2366157&page=5