[APP] WifiKill - disable internet for network hoggers (Android 4.x)

Search This thread

D33KK

Sep 20, 2009
Heyhey, I have bought the donation version as this app looks like a lot of fun.

However when I attach to a computer on the network it slooooowwwssss the computer right down and doesn't always tell me what it has been surfing.

when i kill the computer connection that works fine though.

The only problem I face is the 'attach' slows it down so much it often can't even load any webpages.

Any support?

ZioYo

Jul 13, 2014
Hi! My housemate installed this on his phone and now he is blocking us and spying us on what we are doing with our computers and phone.
How can I protect my phone and my computer?? I coulnd t find any help. Don t tell me install the same program because I don t have a rooted phone..HELP??
Thanks

ZioYo

Jul 13, 2014
Hi! My housemate installed this on his phone and now he is blocking us and spying us on what we are doing with our computers and phone.
How can I protect my phone and my computer?? I coulnd t find any help. Don t tell me install the same program because I don t have a rooted phone..HELP??
Thanks

Anyone any help?? I m wondering why you give free access to app like this..in the wrong hands it can be dangerous, and anyone know that lot of people does n t respect the privacy

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
Anyone any help?? I m wondering why you give free access to app like this..in the wrong hands it can be dangerous, and anyone know that lot of people does n t respect the privacy

Let me help you with your problem.
This app cannot and is not helping your housemate spy on you. He or she can block you from using the WiFi connection even if it shows you connected. Any sort or privacy invasion that may or may not be being done, is being done via another means. Again, this app will not help invade to your files, or devices.

j00manji

May 30, 2011
I'm stoked to have discovered this
Not sure if it works tho. Going to try it soon.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ZioYo

Jul 13, 2014
Let me help you with your problem.
This app cannot and is not helping your housemate spy on you. He or she can block you from using the WiFi connection even if it shows you connected. Any sort or privacy invasion that may or may not be being done, is being done via another means. Again, this app will not help invade to your files, or devices.

he can see the address of the website i m visiting just opening that app...this means whatever i see, he can see the same...am I wrong?

marnold425

Feb 1, 2013
The paid version is 6$ loll that's an expensive half working beta app

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Graffiti Exploit

Jan 14, 2012
Can't seem to get it working with my Note 3[Rooted Stock Rom 4.4.2]. I mean there are no errors and all but I can't see any devices when I scan. I made sure there were at least 4 devices with me (a Samsung, Nexus, Lumia and PC) but still nothing. Please help as I have used this flawlessly with my other devices.

gelo01

Sep 18, 2012
Manila
OnePlus 8T
I think this app isn't compatible on KK roms? This app worked nearly perfect when i was on 4.2.2 but it stopped working properly now that i'm on 4.4.2. (HTC One)

zavien

Account currently disabled
Apr 14, 2011
Usa
um root

On my SGS4 (I9505), with 4.4.2 it works perfectly.

Is your rom. Rooted or no though?

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

Because basically you might be saying without root it is able to access a super user specification with out having actual root........ or having something like it the prohibit s certain bypasses that allow certain mods thatv a re very advantages. ...........

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

I apologize for this being off topic but you are exceedingly attractive. Being myself it's hard to belive f
Very not fairly attractive pewe frequent this site

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

I apologize for this being off topic but you are exceedingly attractive. Being myself it's hard to belive f

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
he can see the address of the website i m visiting just opening that app...this means whatever i see, he can see the same...am I wrong?

Yes you are wrong. I don't know how else I can put this. This app blocks YOUR CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET. That is all. There is no way he is GETTING INFO from you with this app. The app ONLY BLOCKS YOUR INTERNET, it DOES NOT send him any info of what webpage you view. If the person is doing any sort of spying or recon, IT IS BY OTHER MEANS AND LIKELY NOTHING TO DO WITH PHONES. Laymen, sigh...

julle131

Mar 24, 2011
Yes you are wrong. I don't know how else I can put this. This app blocks YOUR CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET. That is all. There is no way he is GETTING INFO from you with this app. The app ONLY BLOCKS YOUR INTERNET, it DOES NOT send him any info of what webpage you view. If the person is doing any sort of spying or recon, IT IS BY OTHER MEANS AND LIKELY NOTHING TO DO WITH PHONES. Laymen, sigh...

You are incorrect. You are able to see the sites being browsed with this application. I have the pro version, and can confirm that the functionality is there.

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

Because basically you might be saying without root it is able to access a super user specification with out having actual root........ or having something like it the prohibit s certain bypasses that allow certain mods thatv a re very advantages. ...........

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

This application does not run on non-rooted devices, so it is safe to assume that he is rooted.

I think this app isn't compatible on KK roms? This app worked nearly perfect when i was on 4.2.2 but it stopped working properly now that i'm on 4.4.2. (HTC One)

This is working on kitkat roms too. Or at least for my SGS2 running KK.

The paid version is 6$ loll that's an expensive half working beta app

Did someone force you to buy this? It is up to everyones own accord to buy this or not. Personally I decided to buy this, and I have no regrets.

He can see the address, but not the site itself.

Reactions: Tilde88

fliparsenal

Nov 17, 2008
NewYork.apk
Actually you're in the wrong buddy. It's in the first post.

" grabbing traffic, showing website visited by grabbed device"

Last edited:

marnold425

Feb 1, 2013
You are incorrect. You are able to see the sites being browsed with this application. I have the pro version, and can confirm that the functionality is there.

This application does not run on non-rooted devices, so it is safe to assume that he is rooted.

This is working on kitkat roms too. Or at least for my SGS2 running KK.

Did someone force you to buy this? It is up to everyones own accord to buy this or not. Personally I decided to buy this, and I have no regrets.

He can see the address, but not the site itself.

No you're right no one forced me to buy this, i didn't and don't plan on it. I was just saying it's an expensive app especially since it's still in beta and half works on some devices. It might be worth 6 dollars finished but I don't feel apps in beta should be sold for such high price.

julle131

Mar 24, 2011
No you're right no one forced me to buy this, i didn't and don't plan on it. I was just saying it's an expensive app especially since it's still in beta and half works on some devices. It might be worth 6 dollars finished but I don't feel apps in beta should be sold for such high price.

Still in beta? You have made a mistake on that, as this is the full version. And this app has far better price/function ratio than those I am rich apps in play store :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Needs ROOT

promo.png

DESCRIPTION
    Well, with this app you can disable internet connection for a device on the same network. So if someone (anyone) is abusing the internet wasting precious bandwidth for a Justin Bieber videoclips you could just kill their connection and stay happy with a full bandwidth just for yourself.

After a long long delay, I present to you brand new WiFiKill.

This is an early release so be gentle. New features will come after this code proves to be stable.

DOWNLOAD

You can download WiFiKill using WiFiKill Downloader

!!! PRO version !!! requires you to make a donation through PayPal (using WiFiKill Downloader)

SALE, SALE, SALE - PRICE WILL GO UP AFTER SOME SHORT PERIOD OF TIME

Free version has ads, and is shuts down after 5 minutes. In future version more limitations will follow.

FEATURES
    • grabbing traffic, showing websites visited by grabbed device
    • showing bytes transferred by "grabbed device"
    • showing network names (netbios names) of devices
    • tablet friendly!
    • android 4.x only

CHANGELOG
    • v2.2 - 03-02-2013
      • Improve grab/kill effectiveness
      • Fixed killing problem due to iptables rules
      • Fixed grab all button behavior and status device count
      • Fixed url list scrolling issue
      • Fixed some devices missing upon start
      • Added udp protocol blocking
      • Fixed Force-Close when device name was empty
      • Fixed Service Fail upon start

• v2.1 - 25-12-2012
      • VERSION CHANGED to 2.1 to end the confusion :)
      • Enlarge device name input field (thanks m.kucharskov)
      • Add long click on url to open in browser (again m.kucharskov)
      • Add NetBIOS name resolution (network name)
      • Add preference (settings) screen

• v2.0 - 31-10-2012
      • fixed crappy UI on Samsung devices (yes that switches are normal now)
      • fixed some dependency on play store downloader (which is now available here)

SCREENSHOTS
    wfk_1_thumb.png
    wfk_2_thumb.png

wfk_3_thumb.png

=================== OLD VERSION [DISCONTINUED] ===================
    Google pulled it from market, so it's available here:

DONATION VERSION AD-FREE:
    http://slideme.org/application/wifikill

OR

Project homepage: http://forum.ponury.net/

Changelog:
    v1.7 (05/11/2011) uninstall needed:
    • fixed the counter bug (I hope for the last time)
    • added an option to redirect HTTP traffic to specific IP (caution! this may lead to significant CPU load)
    • now successful kills are tagged by green icon on the left of IP :) (this is not 100% correct)

v1.6 (03/11/2011):
    • added an option to have sorted list of devices (by IP or by MAC) - see Settings
    • fixed a lag in preference screen
    • Searching is now looking for IP or Name
    • minor changes here and then

v1.5 (22/10/2011):
    • added an option to assign a name to device's MAC (long-click on the IP)
    • added an option to show the notification status bar
    • added option to set the range of IPs to scan, you can also stop the scan by pressing the search progress bar
    • fixed some strange no-subnet-scan issue?
    • fixed a bug that caused the percent to go over 9000!!!
    • new ICON! the old was ugly, this is simple... meh.

v1.4 (19/10/2011):
    • fixed a few Force Closes
    • added check-for-updates feature
    • fixed something more... don't remember what it was now...
    • fixed "Vibrate when new IP is found" bug (vibration never stopped)
    • removed unused permissions (I think)

v1.3:
    • added Menu => Search option for devices without hardware search button (sgs2)
    • touching the "searching" progress will stop searching and reschedule it in 30 seconds (useful with large networks)

v1.2:
    • fixed two FC
    • fixed counter bug (I hope)
    • fixed "ALL" toggle (should work as expected now)

v1.1:
    • added reject methods in settings
    • search button assigned to... searching IP's
    • fixed device count bug
    • fixed FC
    • (maybe) fixed a iptables error (in settings disable iptables)

Thank you and have a good night :)
    Sounds interesting. I'm curious, from a technical side what method does it use to accomplish this, and how long does it keep them off for?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

I tried it out. Showed all the computers on my network and enabling it blocked the Internet on my computer. I was still connected to the wifi but the Internet didn't work. My brother was playing a game in the basement and when I enabled his I heard him swearing from down there. Pretty cool app.
    So... a small update. I am probably going to work on a new version with my friend after new year. How soon or if it will be available is still not known. We're not even sure we want to release it so basically I just wanted to say that yes I hear you, no I don't know how it will end.
    There might be other problems... We're starting work on totally new release :) so don't want to waste time on this old code.
    PRO version now works kind-of with android 5.0
    Cheers!