[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 10 Thread

Search This thread

npesa92

Mar 14, 2012
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 1.6.1 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, and quick tools utilities. All the latest Android builds and Nexus devices are now officially supported, including the new Nexus 10, Nexus 4, and 3G Nexus 7 (with full 4.2.1 support). The biggest change in this release is the fully web backed system which intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs and always makes sure you are using the latest files available. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

main_161_nex10.png

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

{{ WugFresh }}

Hey so i went through the process of installing the driviers and everything went smoothly so i continued to unlock my bootloader with this, and it unlocked the bootloader but once it rebooted, its stuck in a bootloop in the screen with the 4 colored 'X'. any help would be greatly appreciated, i would hate it if i turned this into a paperweight.

thanks in advance

EDIT: got it figured out, just had to go to the stock recovery and press buttons until a menu popped up so i could choose to factory/data reset, and then it booted up fine, great toolkit and great work

Last edited:

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2010
Hey so i went through the process of installing the driviers and everything went smoothly so i continued to unlock my bootloader with this, and it unlocked the bootloader but once it rebooted, its stuck in a bootloop in the screen with the 4 colored 'X'. any help would be greatly appreciated, i would hate it if i turned this into a paperweight.

thanks in advance

EDIT: got it figured out, just had to go to the stock recovery and press buttons until a menu popped up so i could choose to factory/data reset, and then it booted up fine, great toolkit and great work

I'm also stuck at the bootup screen and just seeing the flashing X. How did you get into recovery mode to do the factory reset?? When I hold the power button to turn it off it just turns back on.

When I try to flash stock and unroot, I'm getting a mismatch and can't find the latest factory image.

Edit: Found this post and it explained how to fix it - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1997227

Last edited:

jmtend

Oct 14, 2012

Please try initiating it again and report. I have had numerous user report success.

To be sure you are good, you need to start the driver configuration from step 1.. that means uninstalling all the drivers first completely. It sounds like you may have other drivers on your system. Then install the drivers with the guide. If you follow the full driver instructions everything should work no problems.

{{ WugFresh }}

I had already done as you suggest when the problem accorded. I will however, give it another try this eveing.

npesa92

Mar 14, 2012
I'm really curious too, got the spinning X :(

I'm also stuck at the bootup screen and just seeing the flashing X. How did you get into recovery mode to do the factory reset?? When I hold the power button to turn it off it just turns back on.

When I try to flash stock and unroot, I'm getting a mismatch and can't find the latest factory image.

Edit: Found this post and it explained how to fix it - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1997227

to get past this all you have to do is

>Once your at the bootloader toggle the volume buttons so the green banner that reads "start" changes to "recovery" then hit the power button

>Once your in the stock recovery you should see and android on his side with a red triangle, then just hit the power and volume buttons until a menu pops up

>There will be an option that says 'factory/data reset', use the volume buttons to scroll to it and choose it with the power button

>this will factory reset your device, then just scroll up to restart and your n10 should boot up correctly

jmtend

Oct 14, 2012

Please try initiating it again and report. I have had numerous user report success.

To be sure you are good, you need to start the driver configuration from step 1.. that means uninstalling all the drivers first completely. It sounds like you may have other drivers on your system. Then install the drivers with the guide. If you follow the full driver instructions everything should work no problems.

{{ WugFresh }}

The full driver test is a success however a full Nandroid backup fails because of the driver problem.

NovaFox238

May 13, 2010
twitter.com
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Alright kinda freakin out, I dont get a "recovery" option at all when in fastboot. Did the whole process and got the whole bootloop deal, and read where everyone did a wipe reset, but I cant get a recovery option?! Uh... help?

**UPDATE***

I fixed it -_-

but now Im stuck on "Flashing Custom Recovery" in the toolkit... not sure what else to do or try..

Last edited:

Recon0212

Jul 7, 2012
Doing 1.6.1 put me in a bootloop.... But I got out of it and back to stock.

EDIT: I was able to fix it by going into help>about and it updates the "master list" and now I'm rooting and unlocked :D

Last edited:

dan.kels.r

Jun 25, 2010
Okinawa
to get the recovery option in fastboot, power off then you have to hold down power and BOTH volume buttons, so 3 buttons total then in fastboot use volume rocker to select recovery. i did factory reset twice and had success

NovaFox238

May 13, 2010
twitter.com
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'm continuing to have this issue tryingto flash custom recovery... and on my device, after it says UNLOCKED, it shows me

FASTBOOTSTATUS - DATA0047f800

right after where it says UNLOCKED... and it just sits there, and does nothing. I just got my Nexus 10 today, could it be a different bootloader? or something? I did try Wug's Toolkit first and unlocked that way... could that have created a problem at pushing a new boot?

gbeardmore

Mar 15, 2011
Stoughton, WI
Google Pixel 4a 5G

Twiggi

Mar 22, 2011
Orlando
I just used this to unlock/root my N10. After unlock I got stuck in a bootloop (I waited 15 minutes before restarting), I used the 'Flash Stock + Unroot' to correct and was then able to root with no problems.

Thanks!

ncbc

Jul 12, 2010
I got bootlop, how can I turn back to stock?
I just unlock and got bootlop.
I used flash Stock + Unroot but it does not work (I stand on bootloader)
Please help me?

-----------------------------------------
I got out by using stock recovery/factory reset
Now my nexus is rooted

Last edited:

ololol

Nov 19, 2009
Look like that mine is in a bootloop too... I wait about 10 min. now... I see the nexus logo, nothing more. Any ideas?

Twiggis post helped me out, everything is fine! Thanks

Last edited:

Sycobob

Aug 30, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
Another softbrick here. Luckily Cf-Auto Root picked up the slack. Doesn't look like the track record here is very good. Perhaps due to JOP40D?

ncbc

Jul 12, 2010
Look like that mine is in a bootloop too... I wait about 10 min. now... I see the nexus logo, nothing more. Any ideas?

Twiggis post helped me out, everything is fine! Thanks

boot to stock recovery, use factory reset
Here are steps
1. Boot to boot loader (hold power + volume up + volume down)
2. Choose recovery mode (using volume up/down and power to select)
3. In stock recovery, press power + volume up + down until you see the option factory reset. (I'm not sure how many time you need to press, just press until it appears)

Hi all, I flash CWM recovery, but when I'm in CWM recovery, it always automatically reboot after specific time out? I cannot make full backup Rom from CWM?
Does anyone has the same phenomenal?

griffinj

Aug 8, 2011
boot to stock recovery, use factory reset
Here are steps
1. Boot to boot loader (hold power + volume up + volume down)
2. Choose recovery mode (using volume up/down and power to select)
3. In stock recovery, press power + volume up + down until you see the option factory reset. (I'm not sure how many time you need to press, just press until it appears)

Hi all, I flash CWM recovery, but when I'm in CWM recovery, it always automatically reboot after specific time out? I cannot make full backup Rom from CWM?
Does anyone has the same phenomenal?

Thank you so much for helping me get out of the bootloops! Now I can finally use this lol! THANK YOU!!

Chinese281

Feb 14, 2011
Root 4.2.1

When trying to root my nexus 4 on 4.2.1, the phone screen gets stuck on "Google" in white letters and on the computer screen it says "Waiting for your device to finish booting back up..." I waited for nearly an hour. Is any one else getting this problem?

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
When trying to root my nexus 4 on 4.2.1, the phone screen gets stuck on "Google" in white letters and on the computer screen it says "Waiting for your device to finish booting back up..." I waited for nearly an hour. Is any one else getting this problem?

Look at the post directly above yours.

{{ WugFresh }}

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    If anyone starts bootlooping for longer than 5 minutes after an unlock than you need to factory reset.

1. Hold down the power button to shut the device off
    2. Restart the device holding all three buttons (vol up and down + power button)
    3. In bootloader mode, switch the big green START to the red RECOVERY using the volume buttons
    4. Enter stock recovery by pressing the power button
    5. You will see an android on its back
    6. Press Vol up + power button at the same time to enter the stock recovery menu
    7. Select "Factory Reset" with the volume buttons and press the power button to initiate it.
    8. After the factory reset your device should boot up normally.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Version 1.6.3 is up now and the updater package is also live via the in-built updater. Enjoy!
    (Updated changelog coming shortly)

{{ WugFresh }}
    TWRP fails here too. What did you do to fix the problem? I cant seem to get anything to work!

This is what I have to do after the first twrp factory reset fails:

1. Properly and completely turn off your device.
    2. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys until the device powers on. You should see an image of an Android icon lying on its back.
    3. Press Volume Down twice until the screen says “Recovery mode.”
    4. Press Power to restart into “Recovery mode.” You should see an image of an Android with a Red triangle after a few minutes.
    5. Tap Volume Up key while hold and press Power button.
    6. Use the volume keys to scroll to “wipe data/factory reset” and press Power to comfirm.
    7. Use the volume keys to scroll to “Yes – erase all user data” and press Power to confirm.
    8. Your device will reboot itself after the data wipe completed.
    Are you going to update "[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit" to install Root and Recovery with version 4.3?

Yes, by tomorrow.

{{ WugFresh }}