Retitled. How to hose your phone in 35 easy steps. :)

Search This thread

tommy24

Jul 6, 2010
After poking a lot on my phone, my phone was like this for a bit.

All it means is that you are not activated.

Try Dialing ##72786# (you may need MSL)

If that fails

Try Dialing ##786# (you will need MSL). This will wipe everything, Data and Profile.

I like having a Stock Recovery when I use ##786#. If you've already run Harman RUU, run it again then do ##786# I wouldn't recommend using RUU just to get Stock Recovery.

The ##786# worked for me. Thanks man.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had to get my first M8 replaced because it was roaming all the time. My second one is much better :). Sounds like you have a bad one like my first one. I returned mine within the first 14 days to get a no-questions-asked replacement for full refund.
    As a sprint tech I can tell you 100% of the M8's that have come in to my store that I've replaced have been better the second time around. Seems like there were some lemons in the first batch. You'd better take it in to get exchanged or break it to get a replacement soon(lol) because as of today we were ordering new replacements, soon it'll be refurbs once there is stock in the warehouse.
    I don't understand if u don't want the roaming guard to sound just uncheck it on the settings. If you have trouble with your settings dial *#*#4636#*#* and select phone information scroll down and select the option cdma+evdo/lte then reboot and check if that help. Then again u should be aware of this
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701255 just in case u r not.
    Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I believe the serial number indicates the distribution center from which the device was produced. I saw mention of it in the Firewater thread when people were trying to figure out why it worked on some devices and not on others.
    Serial number for my phone started with FA. Ordered it after watching the unveiling, got it two days later.

Haven't had a single problem with the phone as far as software, and no hardware issues like defects.

Guess I'm just lucky.

Knock in wood taking the firmware update on H/K ROM doesn't change things down the line.