[KERNEL/RECOVERY][ICS] Rogue *Stock FC22* (New 3/24/12)

Search This thread

anthony92170

May 17, 2010
lancaster ny
Random question, since the OP says that its not recommended to flash any roms what other alternatives do i have to flash with?

can i use CWM from the Market to flash or is MobilOdin ok to flash?

you can flash with this kernel this was before fc15 and on is ok to flash i do it i have fc22 modem and kernel again you can flash with this kernel

jay2o01

Jul 22, 2010
Yep, this app...Triangle Away

<MOD EDIT>

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

umm chainfire asked specifically not to link his work, people should search for his original thread on triangle away or go donate a beer and buy it from the market. i dont think its cool to go sharing his work on yer dropbox

Last edited by a moderator:

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
umm chainfire asked specifically not to link his work, people should search for his original thread on triangle away or go donate a beer and buy it from the market. i dont think its cool to go sharing his work on yer dropbox

What he ^^ said.. Chainfire doesnt like links re-posted, just link to the original thread!

Just_s

May 6, 2010
Denver/Albuquerque

Thanks Steady, I just Odin'd this and worked great.

So lots of info and mis-info floating around. I just went to ICS on my E4GT. If I am on Stock Rooted FD02 System [ ICS / OS 4.0.3 ] and now running this FD02 repack, am I able to flash a different ICS ROM (e.g. Calk's 1.4, agat's v0.1.1, etc.) right from recovery or are we still having to go back to GB and then flash forward to ICS? Also can we restore ICS backups while on another ICS ROM?

TIA

mookiejr05

Oct 22, 2010
where u not

So lots of info and mis-info floating around. I just went to ICS on my E4GT. If I am on Stock Rooted FD02 System [ ICS / OS 4.0.3 ] and now running this FD02 repack, am I able to flash a different ICS ROM (e.g. Calk's 1.4, agat's v0.1.1, etc.) right from recovery or are we still having to go back to GB and then flash forward to ICS? Also can we restore ICS backups while on another ICS ROM?

TIA

You still have to go back to a GB kernel to flash / restore

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

dante32278

Nov 13, 2010
You still have to go back to a GB kernel to flash / restore

I have been able to flash and nand on ICS roms, but never tried AOKP/CM9/MIUI etc....only the ones based off the stock leaks like agat/calk/calk stock rooted. I use calks format all for epic 4gt first before a flash and haven't had an issue flashing or restoring between those ROMs. But its at ur own risk, supposedly phones act different on these builds since nothing is based from source since it isn't available.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Mark.J.Linskiy

Dec 12, 2011
Antelope, CA
www.teamvenum.com

TIA
If you use Calkulin's format all ZIP before flashing a TouchWiz based leak, you should be fine. I've done it multiple times, as well as flashing a kernel and modems. Just make sure you don't try it on AOKP/CM9/etc or wipe data manually, if you do then you'll probably brick your device.

Odin is still of course the safest and recommended way, but it isn't the only way.
As for restoring backups on ICS, I believe that could cause a brick, or at least it's a no no.

DataHawg

Aug 26, 2010
East Seattle
I agree with most of what you posted Mark. I only flash a GB kernel if I want to do a manual factory reset as well. Otherwise I use the format all zip. I have backed up and restored at least 25 times with an ICS recovery but I wouldn't restore a GB backup from an ICS recovery or vice versa

Last edited:

RainMotorsports

Dec 24, 2011
Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Google Nexus 5
What happened to steady.

He gave his Wife the E4GT he MIGHT do one more after source comes out. He hasnt even decided if he is doing the Galaxy Nexus yet.

Mean while im searching and learning and hope to be able to do some stock repacks but it likely will require some help. I have the basic idea on repacking initramfs on a compiled kernel but need to learn the recovery end of the deal.

Last edited:

RainMotorsports

Dec 24, 2011
Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Google Nexus 5
^^ ok that would be cool

Well compiling from source, adding cwm recovery, boot animation support, init.d support etc is one thing. The leaks are another thing. After initial studying it was pretty obvious you can extract and repack the initramfs with recovery. But i don't know what Steady knows and I am sure there is going to be a missing piece of the puzzle until source is out (other than the currently missing peices). I mean you have not really notice other people doing the repacks. That could of course be just because there is no real point with the eMMC frying issue we have.

Steady Hawkin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2011
Seattle
Sorry its been a while guys. For those of you who missed my G+ post, here is the deal. I did get the Sprint G-Nex and gave my wife my E4GT. Once source is released we will likely release one last source built kernel as well as an updated recovery. I will likely need a few testers since I don't use the phone anymore. With that being said, test builds will be released on my G+ page when we start geting close for anyone who wants to help. Test builds will be posted there, final build will be posted here. I want to thank all of you for the support you showed us over the last few months, Android would not be what it is without you!

-Steady

Last edited:

TimidRat

Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Same here man its the user error that gave them bricks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I can confirm it isn't user error, it happened too me and ive been flashing roms for 10 years, it definitely wasnt user error, it's luck of the draw.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Sorry its been a while guys. For those of you who missed my G+ post, here is the deal. I did get the Sprint G-Nex and gave my wife my E4GT. Once source is released we will likely release one last source built kernel as well as an updated recovery. I will likely need a few testers since I don't use the phone anymore. With that being said, test builds will be released on my G+ page when we start geting close for anyone who wants to help. Test builds will be posted there, final build will be posted here. I want to thank all of you for the support you showed us over the last few months, Android would not be what it is without you!

-Steady
? youre gonna stop before you finish, i still don't even stand the point of rouges ics recoveries since you can do anything with them unless you wanna brick your phone... i hope too god that final update fixs the brick issue.

blackcanopy

Apr 7, 2011
near Cincinnati, Ohio
Uh
I can confirm it isn't user error, it happened too me and ive been flashing roms for 10 years, it definitely wasnt user error, it's luck of the draw.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

? youre gonna stop before you finish, i still don't even stand the point of rouges ics recoveries since you can do anything with them unless you wanna brick your phone... i hope too god that final update fixs the brick issue.

Wow... Someone has been mislead here (not me) that's an ICS recovery issue, not a rouge issue. Are you flashing anything with a GB kernel EL26, EL29? Most likely, if you are, it's repacked with rouge recovery (or your not listening to what is being recommended to flash a ROM by almost every developer right now) it is recommended to flash ROMS with GB kernel. I haven't heard of any bricking from flashing themes, kernels, modems or other zip files with ICS rouge repack kernel, so to say what you are saying is beyond rude, but also inaccurate.

I for one thank you Steady for all the effort you put into all the kernel repacks with your recovery and tweaks... I can't thank you enough and hope you didn't even read the post I quoted. If you did, I'm sorry for making you read it again by quoting it.. Lol

Thank you for getting us pumped for the latest and greatest after source, you certainly don't owe that to any of us... now I will freshen up on underclocking/ overvolting again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TheRogueLogoGreen.png

CWM Rogue Recovery
    &
    Rogue *Stock FC22* Kernel

Presented By-

TDR
    Bazar6
    Darchstar
    Steady Hawkin

Warning-

***DO NOT USE THIS RECOVERY TO FLASH ANY ROM***

Known Issues-

-Flashing anything for ICS is risky and could result in bricking your device. It has been said a safe bet is using stock EL26 CWR to flash. By flashing our repack you agree that we are not held liable.

-You will not receive any OTA after flashing this.

-You will not be able to install apps to external sdcard on CM9 (you can still access external sdcard though)

General-

**This kernel and recovery does not install superuser or busybox, please have both installed prior to flashing.**

Rogue Recovery v1.2.3 Includes:
    • CWM 5.0.2.8 Base
    • Overhauled UI
    • New menus
    • Fewer clicks
    • Take a look and see what else
    • *See changelog

Kernel Includes:
    • Based on Calkulin's stock pulled FC22
    • Bootanimation Support
    • Init.d Support
    • *See changlog

Install Instructions-

ODIN-

-Make a nandroid in your current recovery then proceed
    -Download tar from link below
    -Place phone in download mode
    -Open Odin and make sure only auto reboot is selected in the option list
    -Click PDA and select the Rogue tar, then select start
    -Let the phone boot back up fully, then reboot for best results
    -Sit back and bask in the Rogue glory!

CWM-

-Make a backup in your current recovery
    -Download zip from link below
    -Place zip on sdcard
    -Boot into recovery and install zip
    -Let the phone boot back up fully, then update profile and PRL
    -Reboot
    -Sit back and bask in the Rogue glory!

Download-

ODIN-

Rogue Stock FC22 (Odin Tar)

CWM ZIP-

Rogue Stock FC22 (CWM Zip)

Source-

Can be found on Github- HERE

Thank You-

Koush
    CyanogenMod Team
    j-r0dd
    Calkulin
    codeworkx

Donate to Team Rogue HERE

-Follow me on Twitter/G-Plus for update info-

-Steady
    I've restored GB nandroid backups using ICS-based Rogue CWM and restored ICS nandroid backups using GB-based Rogue CWM. It has worked fine, even many releases ago.

I don't do it anymore because I just don't have the energy to deal with a brick right now and the scenarios for a brick aren't always deterministic. Steady (developer for Rogue CWM) did the same operations a few times and they worked fine, then on 3rd or 4th try it bricked with the data partition corruption problem.

It is one thing when you can say just avoid doing XYZ and you will for sure not brick. It is another to say that even if XYZ worked 10 times for you, the 11th time might brick.

Personally I will just do what works for me until someone can point out exactly why the bricks are happening (ie point out the code that changed and the actual mechanism of the data partition corruption brick) I have my suspicions as well, but likely we won't know until the source is released and people can look over the emmc kernel driver code. We already know Samsung has emmc driver changes because they took the change that exposed the two boot partitions (that's how triangle away works)

The purpose of all the warnings is just to make people aware that there is a problem and people don't know the real cause. What folks do beyond that is up to them.

Anyway, use whatever works for you. If you are set up to handle bricks or it wouldn't be a big deal, then use the ICS-based CWM all you want. It will work for most operations without issues. There is just that chance that things that have worked multiple times could suddenly result in a brick. It might even be that the problem only affects certain versions of the emmc or mainboard, so some people will never see the problem and some people will see it right away.
    -Partial Changelog-

FC22 (Official Release)

Kernel-
    +Updated kernel to FC22 (Thanks Calkulin)

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.2.3

FC18 (Official Release)

Kernel-
    +Updated kernel to FC18 (Thanks Calkulin)
    *Select ondemand cpu governor and noop I/O scheduler in init

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.2.3
    +Added reboot to download mode in Advanced menu

FC07 (Official Release)

Kernel-
    +Updated kernel to FC07 (Thanks Calkulin)

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.2.2

FC06 (Official Release)

Kernel-
    +Updated kernel to FC06 (Thanks Calkulin)
    *Adjusted mount settings

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.2.2

FB27 (Official Release)

Kernel-
    *Updated kernel and initramfs blobs to FB27
    *Changed bootanimation handling again (note: not recommended to have both /system/bin/bootanimation and /system/bin/samsungani present at the same time)
    +Replaced missing FOTA parts
    *Changed dalvik-cache permissions to 773 for sbrissen-CM9

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.2.2
    +Backported some recovery patches from CWM 5.5
    *Adjusted recovery text layout a bit

FB21 rev2 (Official Release)

Kernel-
    *Add explicit handling for /data/system to fix bootloop on factory reset (thanks Calkulin!)

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.2.1

FB21 (Official Release)

Kernel-
    +Based on stock pulled FB21 (Thanks Calkulin!)
    +Works on both stock ICS Touchwiz Roms and CM9

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.2.1

FB17 (Official Release)

Kernel-
    +Based on stock pulled FB17 (Thanks ACS Team!)
    +init.d and bootanimation support
    *Adjust mount options in init.rc
    *Modified init files for CM9 (C build only)

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.2.1
    *Fix USB mount error
    *Fix toggle options in menus
    *Fix script assert toggle
    **Disable assert is still broken

FB15 (Official Release)

Recovery-
    ***Recovery mounting is broken***
    *Rogue v1.2.0
    +Updated to CWM 5.0.2.8, bugfixes
    +Roboto font, style changes
    *Fix script assert switch

Kernel-
    +Based on stock pulled FB15 (Thanks Calkulin!)

EL29 (Official Release)

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.1.2

Kernel-
    +Based on EL29 stock pulled kernel (Thanks Calkulin and puertoblack2003 !)
    +Based on Codeworkx's initramfs
    +Init.d support
    +Bootanimation support

EL26 (Official Release)

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.1.2

Kernel-
    +Based on EL26 stock pulled kernel (Thanks Calkulin!)
    +Init.d support
    +Bootanimation support

EL13 (Official Release)

Recovery-
    +Confirmation screen in low space situation
    *Rogue v1.1.2

Kernel-
    +Based on EL13 stock pulled kernel (Thanks Calkulin!)
    +Init.d support
    +Bootanimation support

EK02 (Official Release)

Recovery-
    *Rogue v1.1

Kernel-
    +Based on kingsway8605's stock pulled EK02 kernel
    +Init.d support
    +Bootanimation support

EG30 rev2 (Official Release)

Recovery-
    +Based on CWR 5.0.2.7 (with old keyconfig)
    +Backup/Restore on internal storage (/emmc)
    +Mount internal storage over USB

Kernel-
    *Remained unchanged

EG30 (Official Release)

Recovery-
    +Based on CWM 5.0.2.6
    +Overhauled UI
    +Fewer clicks & new menus (Thanks j-r0dd)
    +Battery level in conformation screen

Kernel-
    +Based on Bubby's stock pulled EG30 kernel
    +Init.d support
    +Bootanimation support

-Archive-

-ICS-

Rogue Stock FC18

Rogue Stock FC07

Rogue Stock FC06

Rogue Stock FB27