What is your next phone after HOX and NO S-OFF

Search This thread

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
sticking with my One X for now...To soon to jump the gun regarding the HTC One..Did the mistake last year getting the One X on release....Will wait for now...And really not feeling the HTC One...Xperia z for me ten times better but of course two others would change that for me.S4 or the one by Google and Motorola..but probs will end up with S4

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
My One X is still a great phone, so I"ll wait for Padfone 3, if it brings s800 + 1080p screen. Tablet also 1080p and HDMI out.

loungedogg

May 19, 2011
Nexus 4 ,no more WiFi and battery issues like on hox

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Pluto

Feb 4, 2010
mycolorscreen.com
The HTC One is pretty nice, the design is really appealing, I liked the fact that they ditched the "regular" way with this device. Ditched the MT button and basically eliminated themselves out of the megapixel race, for exchange of actual innovation. HTC did a pretty great job there.

I still like my One X and I'll probably keep it this year, I'm planning to buy the 2014 Sony flagship, the Xperia Z is still my favorite phone this year but I'm not quite done with my One X, and Sony just matches my design and UI preferences more than any other company and I realized this after switching to Samsung and then to HTC this year and last year, and maybe they'll have some sort of a phone-PS4 interaction. Whatever they create in 2014, I'm getting it.

cvenn

Aug 5, 2010
I've just seen the specs of the new HTC One and it looks good. However, unless HTC change their attitude to S-OFF, unlocked boot loaders, rooting and loss of warranty, I will not buy another HTC, and will no longer recommend them to family, friends and colleagues.

I previously owned a Desire and a Desire HD, and enjoyed using them with custom ROMs and Kernels. I upgraded to a One X as soon as it was released, expecting to do the same, but found that I could not without the real threat of losing my warranty, which I was not prepared to risk.

I have pretty much decided now to switch to Samsung for my future devices, which is a shame as HTC were really cool for a while.
Oh, and I will be buying unbranded handsets in future from Carphone Warehouse or Tesco etc., thus avoiding carrier bloatware and delays with updates. I like Three UK's phone and data plans, but not their slow updates.

So goodbye HTC, it was fun while it lasted. :(

PS. I posted a note to this effect on HTC's forums, but it mysteriously disappeared shortly afterwards! ;)

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
I've just seen the specs of the new HTC One and it looks good. However, unless HTC change their attitude to S-OFF, unlocked boot loaders, rooting and loss of warranty, I will not buy another HTC, and will no longer recommend them to family, friends and colleagues.

I previously owned a Desire and a Desire HD, and enjoyed using them with custom ROMs and Kernels. I upgraded to a One X as soon as it was released, expecting to do the same, but found that I could not without the real threat of losing my warranty, which I was not prepared to risk.

I have pretty much decided now to switch to Samsung for my future devices, which is a shame as HTC were really cool for a while.
Oh, and I will be buying unbranded handsets in future from Carphone Warehouse or Tesco etc., thus avoiding carrier bloatware and delays with updates. I like Three UK's phone and data plans, but not their slow updates.

So goodbye HTC, it was fun while it lasted. :(

PS. I posted a note to this effect on HTC's forums, but it mysteriously disappeared shortly afterwards! ;)

don't worry i will be joining you in buying the phone outright from now on..cost more money but at least i will not have to go through the pain of the last year regarding updates:D... but i will wait for prices to drop first before going all out and buying it

The-Last-Hylian

Feb 14, 2012
www.ivaninsurance.co.uk
I must admit, I've been drawn towards the Note II for a little while, but then I keep thinking that I'll miss my THD effects in some games and Sense, I hate TouchWiz, really dislike it, I guess I could play THD enabled games on a Nexus 7 so could then move over to a Note II...

But then the HTC One came out and I love the look of that, I'd happily get that, I'd buy it outright if possible so I could keep my HOX as a back up!

---

In spain are they going to call HTC's new release the HTC Juan?

Reactions: teonagode

shiningarmor

Jul 16, 2011
i probably go for the refreshed htc one (i know there's going to be ONE)
who knows, one+? like what happened to one x+

since they're using qualcomm chips, s-off is very much likely possible

nitrous²

Jun 4, 2010
The Grid
AW: What is your next phone after HOX and NO S-OFF

Interesting how everyone was at first like "never HTC again!" and now there are so much going for an HTC One. I'd expect a successor of it within the next six months...

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: davitox87

craftycarper1

Feb 1, 2011
Northampton
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I posted previous that my next was to be the Xperia Z......pre ordered it, but after finding out that Sony cheaped out on the screen to keep the phone thin, i changed my mind. (Although waiting for the "One" announcement was always in the back of my mind)

So now i have the One on pre order instead. I have a lad at work on my back all the time to sell him my One X, he knows i was on a 12 month contract and has been on at me for ages to sell him it.

I don't think i will be disappointed with my choice from what i have seen. :cyclops:

cashng

Jul 24, 2011
Singapore
Switching back to Samsung.. when I m using Samsung, I keep hearing people saying how good and better was htc, but when I got my HOX, I was disappointed, because there isn't s-off, which I can't flash most roms seen.. while ally other Samsung devices are able to do that without "s-on or off" which frankly, I enjoying flashing roms. And I can't do much with HOX as there are limitations..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

miniterror

Feb 5, 2009
Switching back to Samsung.. when I m using Samsung, I keep hearing people saying how good and better was htc, but when I got my HOX, I was disappointed, because there isn't s-off, which I can't flash most roms seen.. while ally other Samsung devices are able to do that without "s-on or off" which frankly, I enjoying flashing roms. And I can't do much with HOX as there are limitations..

you can flash alot:s
only downside is you need to fastboot the image manually.
radio and a .img anymore so that's not a prob.
recovery is manually flashable:s
think you need to read a little bit more:thumbup:
and on hox its t3 wich is keeping us away from s-off.
the new ONE is qualcom based again and like any other qualcom htc it'll be cracked wide open with s-off;)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: HEshghi

cashng

Jul 24, 2011
Singapore
you can flash alot:s
only downside is you need to fastboot the image manually.
radio and a .img anymore so that's not a prob.
recovery is manually flashable:s
think you need to read a little bit more:thumbup:
and on hox its t3 wich is keeping us away from s-off.
the new ONE is qualcom based again and like any other qualcom htc it'll be cracked wide open with s-off;)

Guess I need read more, thanks for the suggestion! :thumbup:

inSaN1Ty_X

Nov 21, 2011
Espoo
Probs the next Nexus or some HTC at the end of 2013. Never had a single problem with One X.

I've been playing with numerous other devices at work and they never quite get there where Sense 4+ and HTC is now. At least Samsung feels so much plastc. Actually broke one SGS3 preview sample by trying to bend it and compare the quality with One X+, lol. Sonys phones are quite good, yeah, but I'm not a fond of their looks. And uncreatively they all look alike. Can't tell Xperia S, T, V, etc. apart form a distance.

HTC making next Nexus would be more than perfect, but unlikely..

Reactions: gigis50

friz

Feb 21, 2008
Probably it will be HTC One, but will wait 3-4 months for the cheaper offers and to be released 2nd or 3th hardware revision without problems.:cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Absolutely SGN3 for me. 8 core, 6.3" screen, surely good battery, min. 4GB ram *finger crossed

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda app-developers app

why the freaking hell you want 4gb in a phone? me thinks the way phones are going now is beyond stupid....it is a freaking phone for ffs.....:mad: 2gb yeah(even though i think that is still to much) 720p screen yeah, but 4gb and 8core processor is beyond stupid now
    I dont know yet, i have hox and sg3, so i guess no one this year, no more HTC for sure... No soff, so, by htc. Gonna break for sure, at least phones. Will keep building only windows phones, so i predict competition with nokia only.
    So the only brand is Sony and Samy, Sony will see no updates as it should, son maybe ending with Samsung.
    Thanks for everything Htc, great phone, tegra is great on gaming but battery sucks in JB. Uncontrolled ota, ruu encrypted.. And more.. But well, hox still a great phone but .won't buy an htc phone anymore. Even if they give us SOFF.
    And i dont lie.

SkyDragon Team© °° Lead Guitar
    HTC M7 plain and simple!
    Some interesting comments. Seems there is abit of frustration with htc. Was going to go for the butterfly but All butterfly has is a bigger screen and krait.

but I'm moving to Sony Now. Atleast they do not break promises or let customers down

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium App

Sony updates are even slower and have a lot of bugs..

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    I am looking at this phone if it turns out to be correct & the specs are as stated
    http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_m7_smartphone_leaks_through_a_rendered_image-news-5357.php

The snapdragon processor phones appear to be easier to root & get s-off for.

I think that pic is fake,
    Every htc i owned had the htc logo on the front of the device wich that pic is lacking