ParanoidAndroid CM10Hybrid by JamieD81 Q & A

Search This thread

JRDroid

Nov 7, 2010
There is already 2 ways to take a screenshot, either power menu or hold voldown+power

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

I know that, but I can't figure a way to assign a long press with the s-pen to take a screenshot. I thought if I got an app that did it, I could assign that app to long press and get the same end result.

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
I know that, but I can't figure a way to assign a long press with the s-pen to take a screenshot. I thought if I got an app that did it, I could assign that app to long press and get the same end result.

nope it was removed from cm so no go there. but really thats not something to nitpick about when there are other simple ways of doing it :)

JRDroid

Nov 7, 2010
nope it was removed from cm so no go there. but really thats not something to nitpick about when there are other simple ways of doing it :)

Oh, I'm not nitpicking. I really like the ROM. I was just curious if anyone had a good way to do it or if I was just not seeing something.

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
Oh, I'm not nitpicking. I really like the ROM. I was just curious if anyone had a good way to do it or if I was just not seeing something.

aokp has it in their 4.1.2 rom i think
im slowly working on it for cm10.1 but not really working to hard on it :p

JRDroid

Nov 7, 2010
aokp has it in their 4.1.2 rom i think
im slowly working on it for cm10.1 but not really working to hard on it :p

Eh, don't want it bad enough to switch ROMs again so soon (just flashed paranoid today). Thanks for the suggestion though.

JRDroid

Nov 7, 2010
I cannot for the life of me get my Facebook, or exchange, contacts to sync to my address book. It only will show Google contacts? I've tried reboots and I've made sure the accounts are set up to sync. Is there a trick I am missing?

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
I cannot for the life of me get my Facebook, or exchange, contacts to sync to my address book. It only will show Google contacts? I've tried reboots and I've made sure the accounts are set up to sync. Is there a trick I am missing?

there hasnt been facebook sync native in android for awhile now..

there is some program that will do it for you check out hacksync or something like that cant remember as i never sync social media with my phone contacts, just becomes a clusterf*#% mess

JRDroid

Nov 7, 2010
there hasnt been facebook sync native in android for awhile now..

there is some program that will do it for you check out hacksync or something like that cant remember as i never sync social media with my phone contacts, just becomes a clusterf*#% mess

Ahh. I had taken a two year detour to Windows phone and just recently returned, and had been using touchwiz ROMs, which do have it. As long as its not either a bug or me being an idiot, I'm fine with it. Just thought I was doing something wrong.

StarboyChad

Feb 16, 2013
Jonesboro
Hey guys. Just flashed this ROM last night, and honestly, I love it. It is faster than I could have ever imagined. I do have one question though. Does anyone else notice a horrible decrease in battery life? Is there a setting somewhere I missed? Or maybe I am just so stoked about the new ROM that I have been using my phone even more than usual? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

*Note: this is not a deal breaker in anyway. I love this ROM and am only curious about the battery life issue

travvoll

Sep 8, 2012
auto brightness randomly comes on

i flashed the rom a few days ago and have noticed that the auto brightness randomly comes on. i have to go into settings and brighten and then it goes back to normal. i searched and didnt see anyone having similar problems so its probably just me. any ideas on how to fix it?

beirutas

Dec 6, 2011
low storage space

hey guys.

I have reflashed ROM 3 times but still getting random weird FC, about 3-5 times a day. Fixed permissions, wiped cache/dalvik/factory.

Usually I get it then using skype/viber or calling but then again it's the most I use my phone for.
Also after the reboot I get an error message "Low storage space" which I never got with my stock rooted ROM. And I have more than enough of storage. Over 1GB free in that 2GB partition, 8GB free in sd card and 15GB free in external card.

Any suggestions ?

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
hey guys.

I have reflashed ROM 3 times but still getting random weird FC, about 3-5 times a day. Fixed permissions, wiped cache/dalvik/factory.

Usually I get it then using skype/viber or calling but then again it's the most I use my phone for.
Also after the reboot I get an error message "Low storage space" which I never got with my stock rooted ROM. And I have more than enough of storage. Over 1GB free in that 2GB partition, 8GB free in sd card and 15GB free in external card.

Any suggestions ?

4.1.2 ROMs were all buggy. This one being no different then the others

The low memory I have no clue about I never got that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Ray_Banci

Jan 25, 2012
did development stop? Do you guys suggest I upgrade to 4. 2. 2.? I really like PA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

E_engineer

Mar 31, 2012
Houston
did development stop? Do you guys suggest I upgrade to 4. 2. 2.? I really like PA

He is still working on it. But as always, life comes before xda. I can wait. You should try the other ROMs until you get straight PA. I am using Jamie's other CM10.1. But, there are multiple good ones. Just have to try them out.

Reactions: Ray_Banci

Matt Bernius

Jan 17, 2008
Rochester
www.waking-dream.com
Audio file players FC the first time I use them after reboot

Here's a weird one that I can't seem to find a solution for:

The first time I used a audio file player (typically either Mort or one built into file managers) after a reboot, the application hangs and eventually force closes without playing anything. The audio file's I use are located on the external SD card or being played off of the network. After that initial FC everything then plays ok every time.

I've reflashed the ROM, but there is no change.

I had, prior to re-flashing, installed acid audio via one of the mod apps. However, I've flashed at least once, and possibly multiple times, since then.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

fx.dcny

Apr 8, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Woes and more Woes

First, no pandora and video lag/stutter/pixelation.

Second, phone automatically shuts down and restarts but no phone calling, radio antenna shows no signal, does not detect network

Reboot fixes signal, but no sound whatsoever during calls.

Wipe, re-flash, now no music playback, no matter what app i use to play it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM development thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1686320

... Always READ the first FOUR posts in the development thread (again & again) ...

... Please post your questions & comments here, NOT in the development thread ...

see no-nonsense installation instructions >>here<<

:good:
    I am so ****ing aggravated. I cant manage to get everything to look nice on this rom. Either the lockscreen is too big, or the ****ing piece of **** slider for the phone is off centered. Im sorry but I am more than frustrated with this. I have spent all morning trying to get it to look nice and one thing just ****s up another. And why do notifications on the statusbar come up with 2 pictures? Can anyone help me Im seriously about to dump this rom it is way way too frustrating to deal with. And WHY THE **** WOULD I WANT TO SPEND HOURS setting all the apps individually? HOW ****ING STUPID IS THAT?! YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SET A DEFUALT DPI, and then EDIT AS YOU SEE FIT with the DPI changer. I cant believe that this feature was available before, then they took it out to replace this pos system. Yeah Im well aware Im raging this was never ever an issue, I would get my rom running exactly the way i like it in less than 10 min. THis has taken over 6 hours. ****ing stupid.

Im aware you can change the default DPI in the properties thing I did that and its good but regarding the phone it doesnt seem to make much of a difference. My phone slider is still off center and its driving me ****ing crazy. How do i get it to stay in the middle? Ive searched and tried all the things other people said work and nothing works!

You do have an option mate...leave this thread and forum if you are so unhappy. No more posts like this where you felt that you did not get what you paid for...oh wait a minute, you did not pay for anything.

No more warnings....either chill out or I will take care of you personally!!! :cool:

Regards,

M_T_M
    Senior Moderator
    so...
    camera works
    video recording works
    adb works
    usb to pc works

settings-storage=fc

not bad :p
    From the Moderator

To All in this form stay on topic, do not bash this work or any other devs work in XDA....... It is a real low class thing to do and all you will get is nothing for the effort. Try to learn a bit more before complaining.... A great Idea........LOOK UP THE INFORMATION try to figure a plan for a fix (2-3) then come here and ask a question..... you will get alot more help demonstrating that YOU the question asker thought about and tried to figure a solution (s)

In a good mood, so I am going to shed some light on some of the problems people are having why on some ppl's phone... things work and others, it does not.........

All phones are not the same Even if you have a Note, it could be made in Malaysia, Indonesia, Korea, China, Hungry(maybe) Vietnam...... etc ...... or a combo of all the above. So, even though the specs are the same....... the components are likely not the same and even if they are same part #...... the QC in Korea is way better than China (for example). So, a modem chip made in one country may be better than another even though they are from the same company. In my business we have to be very careful of this issue since in my line of work everything is 100% perfect only...... or if you have failure ppls lives are on the line in turn your job........career.

So, in short when a dev makes something it is based on his phone really, for the most part everything works right, but remember,... none of these phones were ever QC-tested for a bunch of geeks like us flashing a gazillion different roms on it...... Ergo by doing so, we are in uncharted waters....... and that is part of the coolness of flashing new roms.....along with a better phones......etc... hope that helps some understand the complexity of why things work the way they work.

Play nice...... and follow the rules

Thanks, ~~ oka1
    All snarkyness aside, if Jamie can't recreate the bug, it's not a bug. At least, it's not HIS bug.

CM10 has some issues. It's a fresh alpha, meaning that it isn't even ready for bug reports as of yet. Cyanogen and his crew are working on getting everything settled in, but we really don't even have a branch for the i1717 there officially yet. So Jamie is porting from CM10 for another phone (the SGSII) and is forcing PA in as well. PA is official and stable, but the base (CM10) is not even close.

Jamie can't fix the problems that Cyanogen and team is working on.

ahem.. i am NOT porting anything anymore :p we have a local manifest and full source for i717 cm10 its just buggy as you can tell :p and we got official nightlies last night. but that doesnt mean its all fixed :p , and pa fully supports quincyatt in their source so no more ports.

this rom is fully 100% built for the i717