[APP][4.0+][v1.3] Identiconizer! - Identicons For Your Contacts, [XPOSED] Optional

Search This thread

Pkt_Lnt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
I do not understand is why this happens, nose to change the app in the account on each picture after not resynchronizes eg if the uninstall, this is not an error whatsapp mate, it is a serious error app by not make a backup of the photos of the current contacts and just be able to eliminate that option in the truth that I hope you can solve that problem and whatsapp is not clear and this is not because you say you do not control bone whatsapp not eh said that is their problem, rather it is problem of apk itself not having any notice on it, just post the changelog says something, thank you and hope you can fix it

It is a Whatsapp error, talk to them, GermainZ already stated he can not control what Whatsapp does. Probably best you delete Identiconizer. It works just fine for me on all my phone, Sliding Messaging, Google+, Facebook, and Twitter contacts.

tincho_rvp

Feb 19, 2012
buenos aires
It is a Whatsapp error, talk to them, GermainZ already stated he can not control what Whatsapp does. Probably best you delete Identiconizer. It works just fine for me on all my phone, Sliding Messaging, Google+, Facebook, and Twitter contacts.

I do not say that all app malfunction, only that deleting photos from all contacts where you display them one by one then there is no way to return to normal although sincronize whatsapp, try it and I'll understand comprañero, try it with a contact from whatsapp albeit and you'll realize what I'm saying, so I still syncing everything else, all other accounts except whatsapp, eh not tested my sim card on another device maybe but I doubt there sincronize

Pkt_Lnt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 26, 2011
SLO
I do not say that all app malfunction, only that deleting photos from all contacts where you display them one by one then there is no way to return to normal although sincronize whatsapp, try it and I'll understand comprañero, try it with a contact from whatsapp albeit and you'll realize what I'm saying, so I still syncing everything else, all other accounts except whatsapp, eh not tested my sim card on another device maybe but I doubt there sincronize

I do not and will not use Whatsapp. It is another brain dead bloatware pure evil Facebook megalopolis pile of $#!+

tl;dr it is not the responsibility of GermainZ to fix some other devs broken application. :rolleyes:

Reactions: RedScotch

tincho_rvp

Feb 19, 2012
buenos aires
I do not and will not use Whatsapp. It is another brain dead bloatware pure evil Facebook megalopolis pile of $#!+

tl;dr it is not the responsibility of GermainZ to fix some other devs broken application. :rolleyes:

I know, but nowhere whatsapp warned what would happen to me that you understand? perhaps other users up to tinker as I hize and they can spend the same, but if you do not use whatsapp me not be understood

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
I know, but nowhere whatsapp warned what would happen to me that you understand? perhaps other users up to tinker as I hize and they can spend the same, but if you do not use whatsapp me not be understood
You used Identiconizer, explicitly selected all your contacts (even those who had a contact photo) then deleted all of their photos (that's what the delete button does — the tooltip explains it clearly). They're gone. I can't bring them back. Maybe WhatsApp will re-fetch them in a future sync, but I can't know that and I can't support you with it.

I can add a warning dialog to Identiconizer when the manual contacts picker is opened, but that's pretty much all I can do.

LudoGris

Feb 11, 2009
New Hampshire
The MIUI format is awesome. I have always loved that format and hope you can implement this as well. Basically it is just the contacts first and last name on a Google color instead of just the one letter. Could he with any font you like, but the one MIUI uses is a cursive handwritten font.

Last edited:
Reactions: Landraider17

Landraider17

Aug 13, 2013
Bilaspur
The MIUI format is awesome. I have always loved that format and hope you can implement this as well. Basically it is just the contacts first and last name on a Google color instead of just the one letter. Could he with any font you like, but the one MIUI uses is a cursive handwritten font.
Ya me too love the style. Hopefully GermainZ will consider it for his next release. Keeping fingers crossed!!! :)

alphamale

Mar 24, 2011
Massillion
I have a problem I installed identicons using xblast changed my mind tried the uninstall with no luck even changed Roms and did even down load x blast and there still there tried this so to remove them still no luck. I am able to replace newer contacts with the gmail one. Any advice

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

GermainZ

Aug 3, 2012
Ya me too love the style. Hopefully GermainZ will consider it for his next release. Keeping fingers crossed!!! :)
I'll probably add an option to use custom fonts.
@GermainZ
Is it possible to add initials of both name and family name to Google Mode? so it shows two charachter.
That's on the to do list. :)
I have a problem I installed identicons using xblast changed my mind tried the uninstall with no luck even changed Roms and did even down load x blast and there still there tried this so to remove them still no luck. I am able to replace newer contacts with the gmail one. Any advice
ChameleonOS, XBlast and Identiconizer should be compatible with each other (although I can't guarantee it for XBlast since it's closed source). This means that they'll detect an identicon created with any of them, and won't override them. You can try removing all identicons (there's a button for that).

adanteny

Dec 26, 2012
Paris, France
Yep +1 for dual initials! Waiting for it
Edit : another alternative could be to let user choose between Name and Forname as initial

Sent from my OnePlus One.

Last edited:
ring managed well

I hope you can be inspired to manage (/system/..) sound files for ringtones [especially], alerts, alarms, and whatnot. After tediously assigning sounds android has a history with me of doing whatever after any effort to that end.

With root I stuff sound files in ./media to eliminate the SD card access lag. While a Class6 card has less-slow random read times [than Class10] it is still noticeably abysmal.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::: what follows in 2nd post is UNRELATED to app request above ::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::

nowhere whatsapp warned

Why would they want to inform you that you are actually using Xmpp (with not awesome federation)? Weasels don't like to make such confessions.

You should be irked that such an app "requests" access to [read] your contacts

You could upgrade yourself to Xmpp Texting. Pick a client that supports OTR (Xabber, yaxim, conversations, Tigase Pro... to name a few)

infos:
http://xmpp.org
http://wiki.xmpp.org
http://xmpp.net
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hallambaker-prismproof-req-00
http://prismproof.org/resources.html
https://prism-break.org/

OTR keeps your texting private (with encryption that most Luddites can operate).
https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/

I do not and will not use Whatsapp. It is another brain dead bloatware

It's rebranded- and degraded XMPP. Facebook has a similarly backward implementation {oath, et al}.

that deleting photos from all contacts ... although sincronize whatsapp

Back in GingerBread one Contact Provider could not access the data set of a differing Contact Provider. This made it vexing to backup multiple sets of contacts. This made not-using google properties all the more appealing.

In any case I strongly recommend licensing dmFS Contact Editor PRO:

http://dmfs.org/editor/

Unless you have a phone but do not primarily use it as a phone like the majority of zombies pouring money down the sms text hole.

Last edited:

GermainZ

Aug 3, 2012
I hope you can be inspired to manage (/system/..) sound files for ringtones [especially], alerts, alarms, and whatnot. After tediously assigning sounds android has a history with me of doing whatever after any effort to that end.
I'm not interested in making an app like that. You can try asking in the Android Q&A forum to see if one already exists, or if someone else might be interested.

Reactions: Pkt_Lnt

gon250

Feb 27, 2014
how get list style!!

Great work!!

I'm new working with android, and I would like ask you something, maybe you can help me if you have time. I made an application and it works ok. but I didn't give to it style yet. it's a simple app to show a list of stations and then a station details. I would like show the list like your app.. boxes with different colors but with a number and not a letter. How can I do it?

Thanks for your time.

GermainZ

Aug 3, 2012
Great work!!

I'm new working with android, and I would like ask you something, maybe you can help me if you have time. I made an application and it works ok. but I didn't give to it style yet. it's a simple app to show a list of stations and then a station details. I would like show the list like your app.. boxes with different colors but with a number and not a letter. How can I do it?

Thanks for your time.
Take a look at identicons/LetterTile.java to see how the images are generated. The rest is just a custom ListView.

Reactions: gon250

Cyclu

Feb 23, 2009
I use Gmail style I don't know if is possible but can you give us the possibility to change the color of icons to better distinguish certain contacts under the same letter that have the same color.

Netuser

Feb 4, 2006
Toronto
@GermainZ there was request long time ago about have 2 Letters from First name Last name . you said it was good idea.
Did you still thinking of adding this option ?
I have so many Contact with same letter it all look confusing :(
Thanks for your hard work :)

GermainZ

Aug 3, 2012
I use Gmail style I don't know if is possible but can you give us the possibility to change the color of icons to better distinguish certain contacts under the same letter that have the same color.
You mean different colors for the letter? If so, no. I don't mind adding more background colors if they look good, though.
@GermainZ there was request long time ago about have 2 Letters from First name Last name . you said it was good idea.
Did you still thinking of adding this option ?
I have so many Contact with same letter it all look confusing :(
Thanks for your hard work :)
Yes, it's definitely planned. Unfortunately, I haven't found the time to add it yet (hopefully, I'll get it done in a few weeks). :)

Cyclu

Feb 23, 2009
You mean different colors for the letter? If so, no. I don't mind adding more background colors if they look good, though.

Yes, it's definitely planned. Unfortunately, I haven't found the time to add it yet (hopefully, I'll get it done in a few weeks). :)

I don't mind about more colors for background nor for the letters simply when I have many contacts under the same letter and they have the same background colors it should be great if we can apply an different backgrounds colors for certain contacts. For example I choose the contacts in contacts list with the same background colors then reuse "Create Identicon for selected contacts" to apply randomly of course different colors except the first applied colors.

Sorry I use an translator.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About:
    This is a port of ChameleonOS' contact identicons feature (available in the JellyBean versions) with some additional features and fixes.
    When enabled, new contacts will be assigned a unique identicon instead of the default picture.

Features:
    • Use identicons for newly created contacts. A service is normally used to detect new contacts. If you use the Xposed Framework, you can enable Identiconizer! as a module instead to integrate the application into the system.
    • Choose from five different identicon styles: Retro, Contemporary, Spirograph, Dot Matrix and Gmail.
    • Specify the identicon sizes, from 96x96 up to 720x720 (256x256 max on ICS.)
    • Choose a custom background color for the created identicons.
    • Create identicons for all contacts without a photo in one go.
    • Remove identicons from all contacts that have one set.
    • Contacts list to add/remove Identicon to/from wanted contacts only.

Screenshots:
    Screen1.pngScreen2.pngScreen3.png

Source code:
    https://github.com/GermainZ/Identiconizer

Download:

FAQ:
    • Q: Will this work on XYZ?
      A: It should. Try It And See™ - if there are any issues, please report them.
    • Q: Is this on the Play Store/Xposed repo/…?
      A: No. Uploading to the Xposed repo makes no sense since this isn't primarily an Xposed module. I'm not interested in uploading to the Play Store right now as I see no benefit (added support, more unhelpful users, I prefer a forum for discussions, etc). You can subscribe to this thread for updates, the title will be updated to reflect the current version. :)
    • Q: Can we have random cartoons/different icons set?
      A: Cartoons and icon sets will not be implemented. You're welcome to offer suggestions that can be implemented without needing image files (so basically, anything with simple geometrical shapes and/or text.)
    • Q: I found a problem. How can I report it?
      A: Explain what your problem is - what have you done? What is the expected result? What do you get instead? In other words: include a detailed description of the problem and instructions on how to reproduce it. Also mention what Android ROM/version you're running, and include a logcat if possible (this is necessary if I can't personally reproduce the issue.)

• The ChameleonOS Open Source Project and 0xD34D for code and resources used in this application.
    • rovo89 and Tungstwenty for the Xposed Framework.
    • TiiXel for his contributions
    Very well, since a bunch of people apparently want it… added a Gmail style. ;) Also updated the OP about requests.

1.2 is out. Changelog:
    • New identicon style: Gmail. The implementation is pretty much the same as Gmail's, with some very minor changes (Gmail uses the email to determine the background color, Identizoner! uses the name of the contact.)
    • Insert a row for the contact photo if none was found to be updated (this was in the original ChameleonOS implementation but I removed it for some reason while making changes.)
    • Add preference to choose the background color for created identicons.
    • PNG images are now used instead of JPEG images. This means you can use transparency for the background color if you want to. On the other hand, it might result in larger contact photos.
    • If any error occurs during the creation of new identicons, show a notification to let the user know. Tapping the notification will show a detailed list of errors along with some useful info.
    • If the Xposed module fails to hook the appropriate method, show a notification to warn the user.
    • Other minor changes.

Mentioning everyone who asked about the Gmail style in the past and was refused: @Godswrath, @jaydee 77, @karanrajpal14, @Kaleknuppel.
    Also, @rebecker, I've added the dates for all builds.
    1.3 uploaded to the OP.
    Also, you can now get Identiconizer from F-Droid (built directly from source, different package signatures).
    Attached is version 1.2-beta. Changes:
    • Insert a row for the contact photo if none was found to be updated (this was in the original ChameleonOS implementation but I removed it for some reason while making changes.)
    • Add preference to choose the background color for create identicons.
    • PNG images are now used instead of JPEG images. This means you can use transparency for the background color if you want to. On the other hand, it might result in larger contact photos.
    • Other minor changes.
    Note: if a generated identicon is larger than ~1024K, Identiconizer! will fail to set the contact photo. This is visible in the logcat but I hope to make it more obvious, possibly using a notification. AFAIK, there is nothing I can do about this, other than compressing/downsizing till the size is <1024. While this could be done automatically, it'll be slow and resource intensive, which is why it'll be left up to the user to modify the settings to get smaller sizes (by choosing a smaller width/height size, or by picking a different style.)

Other than that, the Xposed module seems not to work on some manufacturers' ROMs, e.g. HTC. You can check this by looking at the Xposed log (Xposed Installer > Log.) If you see an error about "com.germainz.identiconizer" then disable the Xposed module for now. I'll try to look into this issue later.

I also would like a black background switch.
    You can choose whatever color you want in the beta. :)
    I use 96x96 icons
    And there are 5x5 pixels in retro mode
    So I changed to 400x400 resolution in hope of getting more pixels and complex images, but nothing changed
    That's intentional - retro mode is always 5x5 blocks. The quality gets better, though.

Not working on my Samsung Galaxy S4 running TouchWiz and android 4.4 kitkat
    Read the OP.
    Please test the following version and let me know if everything works as intended.

Changelog:
    • The app now targets / works on the latest Android version.
    • Merged contributions by @TiiXel:
      • Add colors to match Google Messenger theme
      • Add serif font support in options
      • Add option for more than one letter in Gmail Style

@lemora