[TUTORIAL][S-OFF] Virgin Mobile CDMA S-OFF Without XTC-Clip Confirmed Working!

Search This thread

brokenworm

Jan 25, 2009
marsdroid.me
il bye this device
iv been able to perm root and s-off several devices . i know pll working for htc, and know some pll that will provide a eng hboot, signed with the working keys so it flashes in recovery .

i will bye this marvel tomorrow i love hacking it when its locked.

i allso "did" c+ codes sometime ago. called conax build from a 512 rsa encryption combined with 3des on a sle44 card with a BIG eeprom. i even have a key10 m-key that still updates key20-23... i was called ufoman ... :D

i got fined 70000 dkr for selling viaccess m-keys and m-key extraction programs.. yes we used also season emulators then...emulating the cards... thats very oldtimes 10 years maybe.....so dont worry ill hack this badboy , or atleast start on it tomorrow.

THX
Marsdroid

Reactions: djxs

moisaenz

Oct 2, 2009
I do not understand if we can get s-off easily for wilfire s for virgin mobile but which roms will work,i have bricked a phone already.

BigChillin

Jan 24, 2011
Wichita
I do not understand if we can get s-off easily for wilfire s for virgin mobile but which roms will work,i have bricked a phone already.

Edit:THIS is the only Rom for our phone.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1367701

Read man. Every rom I've seen in here says for gsm only. And the one Rom that is for our phone, says it in the label. And you didn't brick your phone. If you can still get into recovery, It's not bricked.

Sent from my HTC_A510c

KUVICO

Nov 30, 2009
Miami, Fl
HTC Wildfire s (alltel)

Hi Guys,

I've got an HTC Wildfire from alltel (USA), Network type CDMA and I tried this Procedure so I can flash it to MetroPCS but it didn't work, the goldcard is not recognized when you hard reset the phone, and actually, it doesn't have an easy way to turn Fast Boot off (probably that was the problem but I don't think so), well, just for the files, if someone wanted to try this in a similar phone IT DOES NOT WORK!:(
As you can see the HBOOT is pretty odd (0.24.00), while all the others in the thread are higher, is not even in the revolutionary.io list. Anyway, I'll look for another proc to see if I can do it, lets see, any advice is very welcome.

BEE DVT2 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.24.0000
MICROP-0422
RADIO-1.00.00.10.01
SEP 9 2010 12:37:36

PS, But if you have any ideas I'd be glad to hear'em!

Last edited:

lorgi95

Sep 7, 2007
napoli
hel me please

s wildfires bootloader version 1.090099 - Radio-7.57.3910M February 08 in 2012 to help run the guide boot time hangs on Jumping to DIAG and should not be more 'forward. please help

hondoslack

Apr 6, 2009
Doesn't work with HBOOT 1.09.0000 - tried with 3 different SD cards, 1GB, 2GB, 16GB...
MARVELC EVT1 SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.09.0000
MICROP-0354
RADIO-0.94.00.0824

Keep getting the
MFG DIAG Security fail! Update Fail! Press <POWER> to reboot.
bs...

tired, and going to bed!!

damreal

Oct 8, 2012
2 issues this program won't format not matter how long it sits it freezes So I manually formatted and skipped to step 3 ..Also it could not read the phone on disc option or charge on HTC Sync ..anyway everything seemed to be working fine. I pressed patched "place SD card back in the computer. The SD card will be be patching is on!

sirdanilot

Dec 19, 2015
Hey guys,

I am trying to do this tutorial, but I get stuck at the following step (or well rather my phone):

3. The phone will automatically scan the SD card for the files we just put on the root of the SD card and will start the update process.
4. A screen will appear that says Clean s58. Press the power button once to select clean s58 and the phone will start doing it's thing and should take about a good 20 seconds until it's finished.

The highlighted never happened with me. And I did leave it run for a good while but I am thinking it's stuck.

For the record: I have a HTC wildfire S with 1.09.0099 HBOOT

I bought my phone second hand somewhere, and I just have a Dutch sim card in it but I guess that doesn't matter so much?

I have Cyanogen mod 11.0 and it works fine

The reason I want S-off is so that I can install stuff to any folder I want. I am not getting my phone properly rooted right now becaues it's s-on.

EDIT: Oh I see this is a very old thread. I am sorry, I am new to this forum. If I shouldn't have posted here then where should I post?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so I spent hours reading post after post and thread after thread trying to figure out how I could get S-OFF on my Virgin Mobile Wildfire S without having to use an XTC clip. I was told by another user (thehumble1) that I was able to do it without the use of an XTC Clip and it seems to only work with CDMA versions of the Wildfire S. So after hours of trial and error and frustration I finally was able to get S-OFF without the use of an XTC Clip. I decided to write a tutorial specifically to the Virgin Mobile Wildfire S users so that they don't have to do all the searching that I did.

*I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY BE DONE TO YOUR PHONE WHILE FOLLOWING THIS TUTORIAL*
    *READ AND FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY OR YOU "WILL" RUN INTO PROBLEMS*

CREATING A GOLD CARD

Ok first we need to modify an sd card to make something called a gold card. Don't ask me what it is because honestly I have no idea I just know it is a necessary process in getting S-OFF.

1. Backup all files on your SD card as we will be formatting the card and you will lose all of your data.
    2. Plug your phone into your computer and make sure hard disk mode is chosen. (Make sure USB debugging is turned on also)
    3.Extract SimpleGoldCard_v1.zip to your desktop and start SimpleGoldCard.exe.
    4. Select your SD card's drive letter in the drop down menu under "Step 1 - Format SD Card" and then select Format. If your drive letter is not showing up try pressing the refresh button next to the drop down menu.
    5. Select ok when it says Format Complete then turn your phones USB Connection option to Charge Only instead of Disk Drive.
    6. Next under "Step 3" select the MMC1 radio button and then click on GetCID. (It will produce a long list of jumbled numbers and letters this is your SD card ID)
    7. Then select the link under "Step 4 - Request for IMG file". Copy the long ID from "Step 3" and paste it into the CID space on the web page you just opened and then fill out the captcha form and click Download to download your goldcard.img file (Save to your desktop)(the goldcard.img files are specific to individual SD Cards)
    8. Close the page once you have downloaded your file and then bring back the Simple Gold Card application. Under "Step 5 - Load IMG File And Patch" select Load IMG and locate the goldcard.img file that you just downloaded and select it.
    9. Put your phone back into Disk Drive mode and then click Patch MMC. Once everything is complete you should have a working gold card. (To make sure, remove your SD card and reinsert it and make sure that it still functions normally.

After your gold card has been made you need to download and unrar the DIAG Files.rar file I have uploaded. Extract the of the folder to the root of the new Gold Card you have just made. There should be two files and it should look like this when you are complete.

F:/PG76DIAG.nbh
    F:/PG76DIAG.zip

*F being the letter of your removable drive whatever that may be

Before we move on to the next step we need to make sure that Fast Boot is turned off. So to do that you need to go to Settings/Power and then make sure Fast Boot is not selected.

INSTALLING THE DIAG FILES

1. Once that has been done power off your phone and pull the battery for a good 5 seconds just to make sure it's completely off.
    2. Boot into HBOOT by holding Volume down while pressing the power button (you do not need to hold the power button, only hold the volume down button) The HBOOT screen will boot up and then you can let go of the Volume down button.
    3. The phone will automatically scan the SD card for the files we just put on the root of the SD card and will start the update process.
    4. A screen will appear that says Clean s58. Press the power button once to select clean s58 and the phone will start doing it's thing and should take about a good 20 seconds until it's finished.
    5. Once the process is complete then pull the battery to turn the phone off.
    6. Once the phone is off remove the SD card so that the phone doesn't install the DIAG files when we boot into HBOOT to check if we now have S-OFF.
    7. Boot into HBOOT again by holding Volume down and quickly pressing the power button. The phone should boot into HBOOT and at the top of the screen it should now say S-OFF. Congratulations you now have Security off on your Virgin Mobile Wildfire S! :)

Now all that is left to do is restart your phone, reformat the SD card to remove the files we don't need anymore and restore your backed up files and your all set. You may now root your phone and do whatever it is that you wanted S-OFF for.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Comments are welcome. Any corrections or things that need to be changed as well let me know. This is my very first tutorial ever on XDA Forums so I hope that I was able to help some people out. All feedback is welcome and if this tutorial helped please give me a thanks.
    It wouldn't hurt for anyone to go ahead and try this procedure. And as for just US mobile phones I couldn't tell ya.

Here is my HBOOT info if anyone cares to know it.

MARVELC PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
    HBOOT-1.06.0000
    MICROP-0354
    RADIO-0.94.00.0824
    Tried this tutorial with a Wildfire S A510e

MARVEL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-1.03.000
    MICROP-0451
    RADIO-7.46.35.08
    Jun 2 2011,16:17:50

Gold Card Creation - no failure
    DIAG Tools - won't get installed because of "security failure"

Phone still S-ON

Just in case any European or German phone owner wants to know
    honorable mention?

Ok so I spent hours reading post after post and thread after thread trying to figure out how I could get S-OFF on my Virgin Mobile Wildfire S without having to use an XTC clip. I was told by another user (thehumble1) that I was able to do it without the use of an XTC Clip and it seems to only work with CDMA versions of the Wildfire S. So after hours of trial and error and frustration I finally was able to get S-OFF without the use of an XTC Clip. I decided to write a tutorial specifically to the Virgin Mobile Wildfire S users so that they don't have to do all the searching that I did.

*I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY BE DONE TO YOUR PHONE WHILE FOLLOWING THIS TUTORIAL*
    *READ AND FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY OR YOU "WILL" RUN INTO PROBLEMS*

CREATING A GOLD CARD

Ok first we need to modify an sd card to make something called a gold card. Don't ask me what it is because honestly I have no idea I just know it is a necessary process in getting S-OFF.

1. Backup all files on your SD card as we will be formatting the card and you will lose all of your data.
    2. Plug your phone into your computer and make sure hard disk mode is chosen. (Make sure USB debugging is turned on also)
    3.Extract SimpleGoldCard_v1.zip to your desktop and start SimpleGoldCard.exe.
    4. Select your SD card's drive letter in the drop down menu under "Step 1 - Format SD Card" and then select Format. If your drive letter is not showing up try pressing the refresh button next to the drop down menu.
    5. Select ok when it says Format Complete then turn your phones USB Connection option to Charge Only instead of Disk Drive.
    6. Next under "Step 3" select the MMC1 radio button and then click on GetCID. (It will produce a long list of jumbled numbers and letters this is your SD card ID)
    7. Then select the link under "Step 4 - Request for IMG file". Copy the long ID from "Step 3" and paste it into the CID space on the web page you just opened and then fill out the captcha form and click Download to download your goldcard.img file (Save to your desktop)(the goldcard.img files are specific to individual SD Cards)
    8. Close the page once you have downloaded your file and then bring back the Simple Gold Card application. Under "Step 5 - Load IMG File And Patch" select Load IMG and locate the goldcard.img file that you just downloaded and select it.
    9. Put your phone back into Disk Drive mode and then click Patch MMC. Once everything is complete you should have a working gold card. (To make sure, remove your SD card and reinsert it and make sure that it still functions normally.

After your gold card has been made you need to download and unrar the DIAG Files.rar file I have uploaded. Extract the of the folder to the root of the new Gold Card you have just made. There should be two files and it should look like this when you are complete.

F:/PG76DIAG.nbh
    F:/PG76DIAG.zip

*F being the letter of your removable drive whatever that may be

Before we move on to the next step we need to make sure that Fast Boot is turned off. So to do that you need to go to Settings/Power and then make sure Fast Boot is not selected.

INSTALLING THE DIAG FILES

1. Once that has been done power off your phone and pull the battery for a good 5 seconds just to make sure it's completely off.
    2. Boot into HBOOT by holding Volume down while pressing the power button (you do not need to hold the power button, only hold the volume down button) The HBOOT screen will boot up and then you can let go of the Volume down button.
    5. Once the process is complete then pull the battery to turn the phone off.
    6. Once the phone is off remove the SD card so that the phone doesn't install the DIAG files when we boot into HBOOT to check if we now have S-OFF.
    7. Boot into HBOOT again by holding Volume down and quickly pressing the power button. The phone should boot into HBOOT and at the top of the screen it should now say S-OFF. Congratulations you now have Security off on your Virgin Mobile Wildfire S! :)

Now all that is left to do is restart your phone, reformat the SD card to remove the files we don't need anymore and restore your backed up files and your all set. You may now root your phone and do whatever it is that you wanted S-OFF for.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Comments are welcome. Any corrections or things that need to be changed as well let me know. This is my very first tutorial ever on XDA Forums so I hope that I was able to help some people out. All feedback is welcome and if this tutorial helped please give me a thanks.

Very clean, well-made guide, and it got moved to the dev thread. I would only like to mention the thread that was searched for hours was most likely http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1343094 . I believe GotsOJ was the first I saw report sucess then mentioned the process he used. I tested and documented here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19302575&postcount=121 . I think these efforts bear mention and also perhaps a thanks; alas, I still only have 4 ::shrug::
    Also, of course I would thank that thread's OP daxiaamu and eoghan2t7 for pioneering work and the chinese development that made it possible. Perhaps a moment of appreciation in the time it takes to click a thanks button is due to these.
    Also I would add a cursory warning to the effect s-off=yes, root=yes... STOP DO NOT attempt to flash a custom rom at this time. It happened to GotsOJ [and I'm sure others] phone locks into qualcom diagnostic mode and is down until you read up [or make a guide for] how to get out of that pickle. But I digress.
    Again thank you for the well put-together tutorial.

Rob
    Well done pal.. That's great news!
    So this is only for Virgin mobile phones?

Well I don't want to say that it's ONLY for Virgin Mobile phones persay, but that is what I have and what I used for this tutorial. I'm sure it's mainly because the Virgin Mobile Wildfire S has a different version of HBOOT and is also CDMA so who knows if that plays a part or not.