GO phone or H20 wireless??

Search This thread

Ma$etas

May 25, 2010
Southern CALI
Just got my ATT note 3

and i am looking at GO phone or h20 wireless...

Go phone which i was told works with exact service as ATT and also supports 4G LTE
$60 x unlimited talk text, 2gb data

H20 wireless
Unlimited talk , text , 5GB x $60
but does not support LTE

for what i know h20 wireless works off ATT as well but not sure if it gets the same reception as Go phone...

Main think im concern with cell reception i need to have reception even in the desert.. which one would work best
I obviously prefer having LTE service.. but Dont know what is ATT 3g speeds..

crxlvr

Jan 24, 2011
New York
Just for reference. The go phone network and the att network are not the same. The go phone is only about one fifth the coverage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Ma$etas

May 25, 2010
Southern CALI
I have been lied to then..LOL

I thought go phone's network was recently upgraded/allowed to use full network including LTE connection ..

I travel constantly from
Los angeles, Inland Empire ( Ontario-Redlands), San diego
AZ
LAS VEGAS

Will go phone give me any issues?

TIA

dxjay

Nov 16, 2010
I have been lied to then..LOL

I thought go phone's network was recently upgraded/allowed to use full network including LTE connection ..

I travel constantly from
Los angeles, Inland Empire ( Ontario-Redlands), San diego
AZ
LAS VEGAS

Will go phone give me any issues?

TIA
Just for reference. The go phone network and the att network are not the same. The go phone is only about one fifth the coverage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

i wouldnt necessarily say that.. ive had gophone for sometime now and my girlfriend has postpaid contract at&t. we both travel from miami and texas and me and her literally have almost always the same service, lte speed wise along with cell coverage. the GoPhone LTE speeds are even faster then when i was on Verizon LTE Postpaid service. id advise you going with Gophone as im sure at&t would give there customers first priority on towers over a third party company plus you also get LTE. Only difference i was told between gophone and postpaid is priority on towers but i can tell you being with gophone so far i havent seen any issues (i.e dropped calls, not receiving text, calls not going through) but take that with a grain of salt everyone's experience is different if you do choose gophone ask them to give you a postpaid sim card seems to work better lte wise when i was at the store

EDIT: okay so i found the "coverage" map on Coverage Map Link and it is definately not only 1/5th of the coverage lmao id say the only differences im seeing is certain unpopulated areas you dont get as good or any reception on gophone as you would on contract. remember to choose "GoPhone® Pick Your Plan" as the other gophone option is for by the minute.

Last edited:

Ma$etas

May 25, 2010
Southern CALI
i wouldnt necessarily say that.. ive had gophone for sometime now and my girlfriend has postpaid contract at&t. we both travel from miami and texas and me and her literally have almost always the same service, lte speed wise along with cell coverage. the GoPhone LTE speeds are even faster then when i was on Verizon LTE Postpaid service. id advise you going with Gophone as im sure at&t would give there customers first priority on towers over a third party company plus you also get LTE. Only difference i was told between gophone and postpaid is priority on towers but i can tell you being with gophone so far i havent seen any issues (i.e dropped calls, not receiving text, calls not going through) but take that with a grain of salt everyone's experience is different if you do choose gophone ask them to give you a postpaid sim card seems to work better lte wise when i was at the store

EDIT: okay so i found the "coverage" map on Coverage Map Link and it is definately not only 1/5th of the coverage lmao id say the only differences im seeing is certain unpopulated areas you dont get as good or any reception on gophone as you would on contract. remember to choose "GoPhone® Pick Your Plan" as the other gophone option is for by the minute.

Thanks for the reply.. and i will ask for that sim hopefully they do give me it..

Im going to connect it in about 2 weeks. will see how it goes...will post my experience..

MrSub

Dec 18, 2009
Missouri
I have been on gophone $60 plan for months. I was a post paid customer on att and did not notice a difference in service at all when I switched. For me it is just like being in a contract plan. I would go for it if I was you. You can always go back to a contract if you have a problem.

shaqqq

Apr 9, 2011
I have been on gophone $60 plan for months. I was a post paid customer on att and did not notice a difference in service at all when I switched. For me it is just like being in a contract plan. I would go for it if I was you. You can always go back to a contract if you have a problem.

Does the 2gb last a whole month?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

MrSub

Dec 18, 2009
Missouri
For me it does. I am on Wi-Fi at work and then I go home and have Wi-Fi there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

AlwaysNoob

Jan 25, 2012
Minneapolis
Just got my ATT note 3

Go phone which i was told works with exact service as ATT and also supports 4G LTE

H20 wireless
but does not support LTE

for what i know h20 wireless works off ATT as well but not sure if it gets the same reception as Go phone...

Main think im concern with cell reception i need to have reception even in the desert.. which one would work best

I am using my Note 3 on Go Phone since couple of months. Never had coverage issue. I have traveled to New York, New Jersey, Minneapolis-St Paul metro and never had coverage issue. LTE works great, just like the post-paid service I had earlier with Note 2.

And just FYI, I recharge GoPhone from ebay. $60 recharge costs me $50 with no tax.

Reactions: Ma$etas

Ma$etas

May 25, 2010
Southern CALI
I am using my Note 3 on Go Phone since couple of months. Never had coverage issue. I have traveled to New York, New Jersey, Minneapolis-St Paul metro and never had coverage issue. LTE works great, just like the post-paid service I had earlier with Note 2.

And just FYI, I recharge GoPhone from ebay. $60 recharge costs me $50 with no tax.
Great I am gonna go with go phone .

Thanks for the tip on eBay refill

shaqqq

Apr 9, 2011
I have a important question is sending and receiving pictures part of the 2gb? Like will it use data from it? I hope it doesn't does anyone know?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got my ATT note 3

H20 wireless
    but does not support LTE