Battery life thread

Search This thread

ScoobSTi

Nov 23, 2012
NYC
I think we'd be more interested in your HAM2 running KitKat!

Screenshot_2014-08-31-22-03-13.png

D33PTHAWTE

Aug 7, 2010
PNW
1409589995153.jpg
Sorry, don't have the screen on time from this, I don't check it because it isn't what's relevant to ME. What's important to me is how long I can use my device for my regular stuff without charging.
Sent from my MT2L03 using XDA Free mobile app

johnclarkson

Aug 28, 2013
androidteen.com
my battery life test result. not very impressive. it was way better in android 4.1.2 then kikat

Sent from my HUAWEI MT2-L05 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1409620894919.jpg
    1409620894919.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 338
  • 1409620930097.jpg
    1409620930097.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 299

scpion

May 31, 2009
Mine is china version, which already receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat update.

Hi! Can I just do a quick check with u regards the China version. Is it the one that's with their in house processor? And if they come with gapps installed? And the lte band? I for sure can't use the US version in Singapore but I read some specs that the China version lte band may be compatible here.

johnclarkson

Aug 28, 2013
androidteen.com
Hi! Can I just do a quick check with u regards the China version. Is it the one that's with their in house processor? And if they come with gapps installed? And the lte band? I for sure can't use the US version in Singapore but I read some specs that the China version lte band may be compatible here.

You must choose MT2-L05 version in order to get LTE working in Singapore. It is with Huawei in house Kirin processor which different from US Snapdragon 400. You just need to download Google.apk and installed on this China version HAM2.

Reactions: scpion

scpion

May 31, 2009
You must choose MT2-L05 version in order to get LTE working in Singapore. It is with Huawei in house Kirin processor which different from US Snapdragon 400. You just need to download Google.apk and installed on this China version HAM2.
Thanks! But what do u mean by Google.apk.. As in playstore.apk? I used that method on my Chinese rom ham1 but I could not get contacts and calender to sync. Only a fully functioning playstore is available, and it does nothing else.

I am sorry if I hijacked this thread. Ham1 section is almost dead...

JJ2525

Sep 29, 2012
The battery life on this phone is like nothing I've ever seen from a phone or tablet. It's absolutely incredible.

This is with 3h30m of OST, time with no signal on the subway, listening to music, and otherwise heavy usage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-20-19-29-50.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-20-19-29-50.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 373

USHAM2

Aug 15, 2014
Web Browsing Battery Life

Check out these results from AnandTech. Would love to hear some comments/replies.

For a 6.1" phone, 720p resolution, & 3900mAh battery...Mate2 still out performs any other smartphone in its category.

Last edited:

superbass311

May 15, 2014
Orlando
www.bass-tech.net
Can anyone with the ascend mate 2 which contains huawei soc kirin 910 show battery life of the device??

I got a rooted mate 2. what do you want me to do now?... IDK what that is. but I have my hotspot on all the time which usually kills any phone but this phone holds on strong. i get like 12 hours of tether and also moderate phone use .Its at the point where I do not even care about my battery any more. Before when i got into my Jeep id plug in my phone for a road trip or whatever and now it just stays in my pocket or cup holder.

scpion

May 31, 2009
Can anyone with the ascend mate 2 which contains huawei soc kirin 910 show battery life of the device??

I just hard resetted my phone. So can't show the screen shots.. Yesterday before I hard reset was at around16hrs since unplug, 4.5hrs SoT, 4g/wifi throughout, brightness at 50% auto. 40% juice left. And I am having calendar storage wake lock... Lol... MT2-L05. Kirin chip.

M

Modding.MyMind

MT2-L03 has phenomenal battery life. Even better, is how fast it charges back up to %100! By far more superior than most other flagship devices.

4L0M

Aug 27, 2011

Nearly 9 hours off charge. 1 hour of listening to radio/podcasts. Other time spent Checking emails and looking at Web.. .. .. I am currently at 86%. I will not charge it until I get down to near zero.... We will see how long it lasts. I'm guessing sometime on Saturday, lol. I will let you know.

superbass311

May 15, 2014
Orlando
www.bass-tech.net
Battery Test

I quit my battery test once I hit the 2 day mark. Let me start off by saying I did this test on a week day so I'm not limited to my lazy day weekend phone usage. I'm in the I.T. field so i'm a power user when it comes to smartphones. My phone is my central hub to my life. The things I use daily and can not live without is phone, text, EMAIL, Facebook, Dropbox, my flash light widget, Evernonte, Google Maps, Amazon, eBay, Pandora, and Camera. I know that sounds like a lot but I promise you I access every one of those apps on a daily basis at least twice a day. (flash light for dark places behind desks or when on the porch at night). I have the power setting to "Endurance". Keep in mind I followed the correct profile settings also. The only two I used out of the four is Normal and Sleep (the other two is meeting and outdoor). I also kept my screen brightness on Auto for most of the time unless I was playing a game or watching youtube. At night around 1 am when I usually go to sleep I turned my phone on "sleep" profile which turns off everything except phone, and text. Which I want left on in case my 82 year old grandmother needs to call me in the middle of the night for some emergency (or my brother gets arrested, lol). When I woke up I simply turned my profile back to normal which you can set to the way you like. I kept mine on the original settings. That being said I did not use my phone like it was under some battery test trying to screw with the results. My brother and I have had many phones in the past and all the batteries do not live up to the description. After 2 days of being off the charger. I woke up with 28% on the 3rd day and could not wait no longer to charge it because the power manager said I have another 9 hours of charge left. I prob could have made it through another work day but being the techie I am can not afford to have my phone die. My brother has a Note 3 right now and he swears i'm tweaking my phone to get these results. (hahah Samsung Sucker, I'm an LG Fan). I attached some pics of my Battery Stats. This phone is a flagship for all smartphones. I can't wait to see next years phone. I thought the display would be a little upsetting because its not 1080p but after doing a test next to my brothers note 3 with all out power saving settings off and screen on 100% brightness his phone only looked a little better then mine. like so little that he was getting upset. hahah kept giving me excuses of how the video is not really HD or its streaming different or bla bla bla. after 10 videos he was still talking sh*T. I was cracking up. This phone is actually brighter then the Note 3 which makes it look almost as clear.

As a Note I use Mobile hotspot in my car all the time because I have an in-dash Android Tablet as my radio and I need wi-fi to listen to Pandora and Spotify. I used hotspot about 4 hours within the 2 day test.
I also used in the two days that would consume battery:

Pandora - 2 hours
Hot-spot- 4 Hours
YouTube- 30 Minutes
Games - 30 mins
Facebook- random check ins all day
XDA Free- random check ins all day
Text (screen time) no way to guess. I text all day. hahahaha
Play with settings- 2 hours
Live wallpaper - sucks power ( I had it on)

:cowboy:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I just hard resetted my phone. So can't show the screen shots.. Yesterday before I hard reset was at around16hrs since unplug, 4.5hrs SoT, 4g/wifi throughout, brightness at 50% auto. 40% juice left. And I am having calendar storage wake lock... Lol... MT2-L05. Kirin chip.
    What did you use to under clock the processor?

Sent from my MT2L03 using XDA Free mobile app

no frills cpu control

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

no frills cpu control

i'm pretty sure your phones has to be rooted first

this is a battery life thread. perhaps you can pm me for detail.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT2-L05 using XDA Free mobile app
    Screenshot_2014-10-05-23-20-13.png

8 hours, 15 minutes of screen-on time. I LOVE this thing!