Originally Posted by usaff22
Europe version should work fine. But there's a quicker way:
1. Change CID from BM___001 to HTC__001.
2. Flash HTC One S JB RUU 3.16.401.8 WWE Europe/Unbranded
3. Flash TWRP Recovery in fastboot.
4. Flash Superuser zip in recovery to gain root.
5. Flash Easy_InitD patch to get r/w kernel.
6. Make Nandroid backup.
You don't need to lock/relock bootloader. You should be able to do it anyway. (Unless someone can correct me otherwise)
actually I skipped the SuperCID/RUU flashing steps but I guess that's ok:
1. flash TWRP from GooManager app
2. flash Easy_InitD patch
3. removed bloatware with Titanium Backup
4. restarted: all gone... but Kobo!
5. deleted Kobo files (2) in /system/app with Super Manager
6. restarted: gone!
7. re-restarted: no bloatware back!
8. checked in applications installed: some bloatware appeared (not all, not Kobo)
9. just uninstalled them
10. restarted: gone, everywhere
Now I can change my signature
Animated wallpaper still disappears after restart, but that's not very important.
HTC One S - rooted, stock ROM (JB 4.1.1) no bloatware anymore
, Virgin Mobile
HTC One V - unrooted, stock ROM (ICS 4.0.3), Koodo
Samsung Galaxy Ace II X - unrooted, stock ROM (ICS 4.0.4), unlocked